Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 8 year 5 month old. White discharge from vagina. What is problem. How can solve it. Please help me.
Sir I am 18 years old girl n will pregnant so I eat for solve this problem unwanted kit as doctor contain and bleeding start after 2day after eat small tab but now I continued bleeding and not stop bleeding after 15 day so I m so worried please help.
I am 27 age female. We intimated on the 4th of my period i. E. On 24 dec. After that I haven't received my periods since 2 months. Have checked through prega news kit at home result was negative. Is it a 100% correct result and should I go to a gynecologist. Please suggest what should I do. It will be very grateful.
I had unprotected sex. Following it up I took unwanted 72 within half an hour sex. After two days again I took the unwanted 72 pill. 3 days before my period was due I had a little bit bleeding which lasted for 3 days. It was not at all heavy like a period bleed. The colour of bleed was deep red and brown. Nor was there any cramps like I usually have. After it ended I took the pregnancy test it came out negative. I took the test again after 5 days and still it came negative. Am really worried. Its been a week I haven't got period and the tests are coming negative. What could this be?
I have been diagnosed with PCOD with following symptoms: Severe Acne, Heavy body hair, Frequent hairfall and irregular periods. But I am an underweight woman and trying hard to gain weight. I have been suggested Ginette-35 for 6 months. Do I need to take any other medicine simultaneously with Ginette?
I'm a 24 year old guy, I use pull out method every time I had unprotected sex with my gf, is there any probability that she get pregnant by me? Plsss answer.
I have irregular periods. And during menstruation I have a lot of stomach ache. So please provide me to help so as to reduce the stomach ache during mensuration period.
There is a itching problem in the perineum location of the vagina and it seen little red and how the problem solved.
In today's hectic and stressful time, where both men and women have their own priorities physical intimacy has taken a back seat. Most men complain that women are sexually passive because they do not initiate sex more often and that makes them question their own sexual viability. In reality, women want sex as much as men do, but it takes a right man and right situations to get her in the mood for it. The sole reason for it is unlike men; women's sexual desire is unpredictable and depends on their level of intimacy with their men.
The following are some of the tips that can help you to set the tone to get her into the right mood:
1. Get her out of her head: The most prominent factors that hinder women from enjoying sex to the fullest is stress and insecurities. The more capable you are to make her feel attractive and comfortable in her own skin, the more she will feel confident around you to open up both emotionally and sexually. Once her insecurities subside, you can get her in mood with ease.
2. Give her genuine compliments: Women are good at differentiating genuine compliments from tasteless ones. Make sure that you compliment her genuinely on her inner beauty rather than her outer appearance. Most of the time women are skeptical of the things that men tell them. It is a defense mechanism of women to protect themselves against manipulative and emotionally unavailable men. The more you express your true feelings for her the more she will feel connected to you and will respond positively to your sexual approach.
3. Prolong the foreplay: The longer you invest your time in foreplay, the easier it will be for you to get her in mood. Pay proper attention to her face, neck, shoulder and lips. Some erotic massage techniques may prove handy in the foreplay. Make sure you make ample of eye contact during the entire process.
4. Be gentle in your caresses: Most women do not prefer rough actions prior to engaging in sexual activities. Women crave soft and sensual touches on their body. Caress your way to her erotic zones with slow and prolonged touches that make her crave for you more. Gentle touches will arouse her and get her in the mood.
5. Pay attention to her like and dislikes: ask her about her sexual likes and dislikes, such intimate confessions are known to arouse her sexually. Use her likes to your advantage. You will be surprised how quickly she will get aroused with your considerate approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Regardless of whether the cause is a tumor, trauma, stroke or any other illness, any injury which inflicts damage on your brain cells is considered to be a brain damage.
There are two types of brain damage, both of which interfere with the standard functioning of the brain.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): Either resulting from a tumor or a neurological illness, for instance a stroke, this type of brain injury originates from the cellular level and is commonly linked with brain pressure.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It results from any damage imparted to the skull usually from an external and physical force like a blow to the head or a head accident, which in turn damages the brain.
How severe the brain damage is depends largely on the type of brain injury. Mild brain injuries are temporary, causing headaches, memory lapses, nausea and confusion. On the other hand, severe brain injuries cause cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments which are often life-changing and permanent.
Acquired brain injuries may be caused by:
- Being exposed to toxic substances
- Choking, strangulation or drowning
- Heart attacks
- Neurological illnesses
- Illegal drug abuse
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Physical violence
- Head blows
- Falls and other mishaps
Whether acquired or traumatic, symptoms of brain damage can be classified under four major groups:
1. Cognitive symptoms generally include
- Having a hard time processing information or expressing thoughts
- Difficulty in understanding others or abstract concepts
- Memory loss
- Short attention spans
2. Physical symptoms generally include
- Excessive physical fatigue
- Extreme mental fatigue
- Persistent and frequent migraines or headaches
- Sleep disorders
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
3. Perceptual symptoms generally include
- Spatial disorientation
- Smell and taste disorders
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Changes in hearing, seeing, or touch sensations
- Unable to perceive time
- Balance problems
4. Emotional or behavioral symptoms generally include
- Decreased stress tolerance
- Heightened or flattened reactions or emotions
- Impatience and irritability
Dear Mam, My father is suffering from herpes disease. It start from head and spread till lips. Please advise, is it harmful to eyes,.
Hello! My friend has a breast related problem. She has pain in her upper lateral part of her breast. Which feels on walking, moving and touching the breast. please suggest what should she do? Is it a normal problem or she has to start medicine for it.
Hello I am having severe menstrual cramps on first day of my period for maximum extent I bare it but suddenly when it becomes intolerant I take 1 tab meftal spas even though it does not set it last for about 3_4 hours I have pcod problem please give me some suggestion to cure it it shows me hell during examinations please.
Diabetes is a long term disease. Homeopaths resorts to different approaches towards diabetes. When the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it. There are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. Another approach is to understand the patient’s profile through a patho- physiological profiling and resort to treatment of his illness. There is yet another approach to understand the patient in depth through a detailed case taking, crate a profile at his physical, mental, social and spiritual level (holistic approach) and then select a constitutional remedy. Each of these approach has its own scope and limitations. The physician has to take a decision as to what approach is needed on a patient depending on his general health, progress of disease, complications, the organs affected etc. Here’s discussing the four approaches:
1) Management of blood sugar
The commonly used remedies are uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid, syzygium jambolanum, cephalandra indica etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies. These are used in physiologically active doses such as mother tincture, 3x etc. Depending up on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient.
Several pharmaceutical companies have also brought in propriety medicines with a combination of the few homeopathic medicines. Biochemic remedies which is a part of homeopathy advocates biocombination no 7 as a specific for diabetes. Another biochemic medicine natrum phos 3x is widely used with a reasonable success in controlling the blood sugar. Scientific studies on the impact of homeopathic medicines in bringing down blood sugar are limited, but many of the above remedies have some positive effects either as a stand-alone remedy or as an adjunct along with other medications.
2) Holistic as well as individualistic approach in medicine through homeopathy
This is a unique concept in homeopathy. Even though it may sound strange, homeopathy does not treat pathological effect of the disease per se. A homoeopath treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is afflicted with pathological state. He considers diseases are a mere deviation in life force and make efforts to correct this aberration. Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force and the physicians’ duty is to support the individual to maintain a harmony in health (promotive health), restore the sick to health through a rational medication (curative health) and prevent diseases whereever needed (preventive health). There is a defined philosophical approach in each of the above areas and therefore homeopathy in true sense is called holistic system of medicine. It is also known as experienced medicine because all the medicines that are used on the patients are subjected to human trial and assured of its safety even in infants. The medicines are being used for over two centuries and not even one instance of adverse drug reaction has ever been reported.
3) Constitutional treatment
Hahnemann who published his work on chronic diseases and its cure advises to give more importance to the patients past and family history to understand the genesis of illness and to prescribe constitutional medication. In the modern terminology this could be said as the genetic preponderance or modification due to the patient’s life style or circumstances or due to suppression of illness in the past. The homeopaths, therefore take long hours to understand the patient’s history to understand the constitution, temperament, history of suppression etc to arrive on a constitutional medication. This approach is unique to homeopathy and a little time consuming. It also require extreme skill, perseverance, knowledge and experience. Constitutional remedies acts deeper into the system and correct the inherent disorder of the individual. Thus the constitutional remedy not only cures the disease, but improves individual’s health in general. If patients with diabetes take his constitutional remedy, it will not only help to control his sugar metabolic process, but also the tissue to absorb and assimilate the sugar and try to make other organs function perfectly.
4) Promotive approach to diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by lifestyle modifications. Some of the easy tips are:
Eat small meals every 2-3 hours regularly instead of consuming large meals. Prefer to steam your vegetables rather than fry them. Reduce the consumption of sugar, alcohol and fatty foods in your diet
Eat fiber rich foods like whole grains, pulses and reduce your intake of oil. Avoid fried foods.
The lifestyle modifications that can be followed by everyone are regular exercise for at least half an hour. Prefer to climb stairs rather than using elevators or escalators unless there is any heart ailments. Avoid sitting in same position for longer duration at your workplaces. Take short breaks. Practice yoga at home in case it is not possible to go outdoors and indulge in household chores in order to keep yourself active and fit.
Even a patient who is suffering from type ii diabetes can follow life style medications and resort to regular medications under strict supervision of a qualified homeopath, will escape the serious complications of diabetes and keep his disease under control.