Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
I had my first baby on 20th November 2015 now I have missed my period due on 28 Oct 2016 and took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. Is the time gap between the two pregnancy less than 12 months OK will there be any complications for the baby or me The first pregnancy had some complications in the first trimester with bleeding and cramping and during delivery epidural was used as I was not able to bare the pain and almost went hyper The baby was pulled with vacuum. Please advise.
I am 19 weeks pregnant. My level 2 USG says there is minor swelling in both the kidneys of fetus. amniotic fluid is though adequate. Is there anything to worry? Please suggest.
Dear sir, madam am 25 years old girl having PCOD since last TWO years. I am married. Please tell me what food should avoided and what food should be included. I am also having thyroid (TSH).
My pregnancy is 10 weeks 6 days, and I got today's sonography report is baby's heartbeat is not showing, In 6th week heartbeat is showing. But I feel baby movement So can I check sonography again?
I have batholine abscess on the left side. I have already removed the gland 4 years ago. It comes every year. Its fifth time it is coming. My stitches gets swollen and have pain. I'm taking cefoprox CV 325. Can you suggest permanent solution of this problem?
I am 22 year old woman. For last one week or so I am having irritation in my vagina. I keep on washing it so that it remains clean but it is not working. So last night I used few drops of dettol mixed with water to wash it. Itching or irritation stops instantly but again almost after 22 hours it get started. As dettol is not good for daily use, how can I get rid of this problem?
Appendicitis occurs when there is an obstruction in the lining of the appendix, resulting in an infection. Left to itself, it may lead to swelling, inflammation, formation of pus, and rupture of the appendix. The most common symptoms of appendicitis are pain in the abdomen, abdominal swelling, nausea, loss of appetite, high fever.
What is the Appendix?
Appendix is a small, 3.5 inch long pouch-like tube of tissues present in the colon, which is located on the right side of your lower abdomen. Quite a few research studies suggest that the appendix functions as a depository for the good bacteria and helps reboot your digestive system after it is rendered dysfunctional by diseases like diarrhea. However, doctors suggest that the human body can function perfectly without an appendix and hence, one can have their appendix removed in order to prevent bacterial infection or inflammation from spreading to the abdominal cavity.
Appendicitis surgery, also known as appendectomy, is the procedure of removing the appendix before it gets ruptured. There are two methods of performing an appendectomy- open appendectomy and laparoscopic appendectomy.
- Open appendectomy- During the procedure the doctor will make a surgical cut in your lower abdomen to remove the appendix. Moreover, if the appendix has already burst, your abdominal cavity will be cleaned. After that the wound will be carefully stitched. Open appendectomy is the preferred choice for those who’ve had a surgery before, or when the abdominal infection has spread to other body organs.
- Laparoscopic appendectomy- To start with this procedure, the doctor will first make a couple of cuts – usually three - in your abdomen and insert a narrow small tube known as cannula. The cannula inflates your abdomen with carbon dioxide gas, which gives your doctor a clear view of the appendix. Next, a thin long tube with attached camera and light, known as laparoscope, will be inserted through the cut. The camera displays the images of your abdomen and appendix on a monitor screen and thereby allows your doctor to tie it off with stitches and remove it. After the removal, the incision will be cleaned, closed and dressed. This type of surgery is a preferred option for adults who are slightly overweight. Moreover, this procedure is safer and faster as compared to open appendectomy.
Appendectomy is usually a safe and permanent solution to have your appendicitis removed. It does not have many serious complications or side effects. Like all surgeries, there are some post treatment guidelines to quicken the recovery process. You should clear your doubts with your doctor after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor, I Had my sexual intercourse on 13th may and I took ipill in 4-5 hours. My body weight is alot more than it should be. On 24th may I got periods but the flow was not much there where just spots and only for 1 day. Today is 30th june and I still did not get my periods. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperatures
- Air pollution
- Wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.