Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
14 days back me and my gf was met and I am not intercourse and even am not ejaculated on her vagina, she has some liquid matter on her underwear I touched my penis to her vagina upon the underwear on liquid place. Now she missed her period she has last period on sep 5-sep 15 she had 10 days period and now she missed her period. Soo please doctor tell me the correct reason cause of missing period is due to pregnancy or she last has 10 days period. She has thin underwear can passes my sperm or not? Is she pregnancy? If she pregnant? What can I do if she pregnant? My age 22 and her 21 unmarried we don't need pregnancy now.
The problem is related to my wife. A white liquid is getting leaked from her vagina frequently. Is it normal? And whether it affects her to get pregnant as we are planning to have a child?
Race among the various healthy edible oils is still on and it will keep going as oils have their unique properties and flavors, which are beneficial for the proper functioning of our body. The fat intake, obtained from cooking oils should consist of balanced fat, as it would provide important nutrients to sustain a fit and healthy life.
Rice bran and Soybean oil are edible vegetable oils commonly used in Asian countries. All oils have their unique flavors and properties which give them their own pros and cons.
Health benefits of rice bran oil
- Contains Tocotrienols which are members of the vitamin E family with natural antioxidant properties that can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer.
- Rice bran oil is unique in containing Oryzanol, a powerful antioxidant. Studies have shown that it can reduce plasma cholesterol and cholesterol absorption. This can lead to decrease in early atherosclerosis, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and increase in faecal bile acid excretion. Oryzanol also has been used to treat nerve imbalance and disorders of menopause.
- Rice bran oil contains high levels of antioxidants. This helps in boosting metabolic rate, which in turn aids weight loss.
- Rice bran oil is also considered extremely good for the skin. It contains Squalene that can be easily by the skin, which keeps it supple, soft, and smooth.
Health benefits of soya bean oil
- It is a modest source of antioxidant vitamin E which protects cell membrane, skin, and mucosa from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Soya bean oil contains phytosterols, which is a class of naturally-occurring compounds found in plants that are similar to cholesterol. Due to this structural similarity, phytosterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut and can reduce blood cholesterol levels by 10% -15%.
- Soya bean oil also contains vitamin K, which helps in bone formation and can prevent nerve damage in the brain that makes it useful in Alzheimer’s disease.
When comparing the two, rice bran oil is considered one of the best in terms of quality and various other factors. However, soya bean oil is no less and is highly preferred due to the affordability and availability. Both rice bran oil and soya bean oil have a high smoke point and are considered good for high heat cooking. Both oils also contain vitamin E and are rich in antioxidants. Rice bran oil is, however, regarded as a better option for females during their menopause period, as the chemical content present in it lessens the pain. However, soya bean oil contains no cholesterol, making it an excellent choice for patients suffering from heart diseases or high cholesterol levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
I am 31 years old woman getting married in probably Dec 2018. Will I have problem in conceive. What to follow to have healthy fertility.
Meri shadi ko 14 Saal ho gye hai first time aisa hua ki meri Ms. Ko inter course karte samay jalan hui lekin thodi der mai thik bhi ho gyi, kya vajeh ho sakti hai.
Hello docs. We are married for last 3 years and we have been trying for a baby for past 1 year. I m 31 and she's 29. No positive results till date. Please suggest us.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
- Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
- Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
- Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
- Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well rounded brain.
- Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.