Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
I have conceived for the first time please suggest me best diet for baby growth and precautions to be taken. I am suggested to take bed rest for 2 months help me regarding this. What food items should be taken for the healthy development of the baby.
Factors that determine the success of your IVF procedure
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
For unmarried girl of 25 age ,Periods lasting for how many days are considered as normal? Period lasting for two days are normal? Two days periods will cause any problem in married life in future? She is going to get married in February 2018. Will there be any difficulty in conceiving?
She had unprotected sex with her bf but they didn't cum inside but they scared that she don't get pregnant Bcz of sex and is there any possibility of pregnancy or she should take ipill n is it fine for her?
She has bad stomach pain and back pain just before 5 to 10 days of periods. Its very bad pain . After periods she is normal. What is the issue ? Can any one help.
I have sex with my girlfriend. I gave her unwanted 72 after 60 hour. What are the side effects of this medicine.
I am a teenager of 14 I am suffering from stomach ache during periods from last 2 month s too much pain I have been eaten pain killer tablets but not getting relief what is the problem?
In October, my bf said he had gonorrhea, he said he sprayed on some insect repellent on his skin but before he could wash his hands, he masturbated. He said he felt burning and he started to pee pus and they were other symptoms of the std ,few days later he got tested and he was positive. I never had sex with anyone else and he didn't (I know there could be a possibility he could've cheat but just day he didn't ). Could he have gotten it from the insect repellent?
I am 50 year old, is it normal to have 20 times sex/week. For me, without having sex before going to bed is difficult and I cannot have sound sleep.
I have missed my mc for last 3 months I had gone for check up Dr. gave me medicine for mc I want to know when will period come after stop taking medicine cause I had taken medicine for mc come & stop now before 2 days but yet. Y periods not come.
Respected Sir/mam, Mai ek shadi shuda aadmi hoon mera sawal ye hai ke period ke 14th yani kaunsa din mai totally confused hoon please help me.
Hi. I have delivered a baby by c section 15 days back. I am planning to stay my relative house to take care of my baby. But in my relative home there is Indian rest room only. Please advise can I use Indian rest room now.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.