Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Hi Mam I am first time pregnant of 25 weeks. I am feeling weakness and I have RH factor my blood group is A negative - and my haemoglobin level is 9%. And I feel pain in my vagina. Please help me by suggest. And one thing more can I do intercourse.
Hlo mam. Mere naam sneha hai and mujhe aapse ek personally consult Karna tha .I don't kaise share kru. Mam mujhe vagina tightining ko lkr discuss Karna tha. Meri past life mein kuch aisa hua Tha jiski wajh se mera future kharab na ho jaaye. Meri vagina kaafi loose ho gyi hai or meri shaadi jldi hone wali hai. Mam please help me ki isko kaise phle jaise healthy or tight kar pau or mera future safe ho jaaye.
What is PCOD?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease now a days renamed as PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a hormonal disorder or also called as group of symptoms common among women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS may have infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods or excess male hormone (androgen) levels. The ovaries may develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicles) and fail to regularly release ovum.
Causes Of PCOD-
The cysts are mostly caused due to hormonal changes and fluctuations. It could be genetic. PCOD can also be a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that includes little rest, inadequate sleep and unwholesome diet lacking in the right nutrients.
Symptoms Of PCOD-
- Excessive growth of facial hair
- Weight gain
- Difficulty in losing weight
- Excessive hair on body as well, including chest, stomach and back
- Irregular menstrual cycle. Women may miss their periods, or bleed more than once a month
- Extremely heavy bleeding
- Severe pain and muscular cramps during menstruation
- Problems getting pregnant
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Other serious hormonal disorders
- It can lead to diabetes
- It can lead to repeated miscarriages
- A major risk of PCOD if left untreated, is that it can lead to endometrial cancer
Diet For PCOD-
A healthy diet along with physical activities and abstinence from smoking can help to reduce the symptoms of PCOD and prevent the disease.
- Increase the intake of fresh, green vegetables.
- Cutting down on junk, fried food and most importantly, processed food.
- Abstaining from or greatly reducing the intake of alcohol.
- Cutting down on sugary, aerated drinks..
- Reduce dairy products as milk may raise the levels of testosterones in the body.
- Reducing or eliminating consumption of caffeine may help to increase chances of a fertile reproductive system.
- Prevent yourself from giving in to unhealthy food cravings.
- Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals.
- Follow dinacharya and rutucharya described in Ayurveda.
- Good food habbits from ayurveda texts(consult doctors).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
This is exam time now and I have to take care of my health. So what kind of food should taken. What are some good examples of diet during this period? Suggest.
Hi sir/mam, I am pregnant my pregnancy time 4 week I do not want this pregnancy what can I do for lose my pregnancy.
How safe is usage of birth control pills? What if I miss it for a couple of days? Do I need to take it regularly, or can I start using it just a couple of days prior to sex (in case it is infrequent)? Is there another contraception method for infrequent sex, other than condoms, given that I trust the partner?
The Power Of Passion
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headache often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.