Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 old female. I was diagnosed with hirsutism 2 years ago and was prescribed krimson 35. And was asked to take it with a gap of 1 or 2 month. I had not taken it for about 2 months. My last period came on 5 nov. I had sex (protected) on 17 dec and took an ipill the same day. Now I am 11 days late for my periods. Took several preganews tests that came out negative. Took a beta hcg test that said hcg below 1.2.why am I still not getting my periods? I am really worried. Is it sure that I am not pregnant? I don't want to be. Please help.
My blood test report for glucose is showing 139 .2 hours post breakfast. I am 32 weeks pregnant. Is this normal? Or do I need medicines?
Hi. Good morning. I am excretes daily twice, sometimes thrice. Now am pregnant. Second pregnancy. First pregnancy c-section. 8 months gap between first and second pregnancy. Failure in first pregnancy. So I started walking and workouts for reducing weight for getting second pregnancy.(56 kgs before first pregnancy ,66 kgs after delivery, 62 kgs after workouts, and used herbal life products after 6 months of c-section for weightless (62 kgs. Conceived. Now fifth month. What is the reason for excreting twice a day?
Breathe in and breathe out, is an involuntary continuous action through which the human body receives the oxygen it requires for proper functiong. Without oxygen, our entire circulatory system would collapse. However, with the amount of pollutants present in the air today, the air we breathe is not as pure as it should be. Instead of breathing in oxygen, we’re breathing in harmful gases like carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide along with particulate matter. Prolonged exposure to pollutants like this can seriously endanger our health and well-being. Air pollution spreads easily and the only way to protect oneself from it is by creating a barrier that filters the air we breathe in.
And, for this reason it is advisable that one should wear a respirator or mask. When wearing a mask or respirator the most important part is to ensure that it seals your nose and mouth effectively. Otherwise, pollutants can enter through the gaps and contaminate the filtered air. But how should one decide, which type of mask is suitable for them and for that we need to understand what all masks are available.
Respiratory masks can be grouped into three categories:
- Simple flat masks as worn by doctors while operating
- Highly beneficial where there is heavy particulate matter density in the air as they are effectve at filtering out particulate matter
- Does not offer protection against harmful chemicals
- It is a good idea to wear these masks while travelling through dusty zones or when caught in a storm
- Offer protection only for a limited time
- Cannot bot be reused
- Cost around few hundred rupees
- Respirators have similar structure as that of surgical masks
- They fit the face better that surgical mask
- Have filters installed and protection against particulate matter and against certain gases and chemicals
- For better protection, they should be washed regularly against harmful fumes and particulate matter encountered
- Should be used while travelling through heavy traffic zones and while working in construction zones
- Ideal way to to protect yourself
- Cost around few hundred to thousand rupees, based on thier quality and brand
- Gas masks are often worn in chemical laboratories
- Special replaceable filters offer full protection against, both particulate matter and harmful chemicals
- Basic mask costs around 1000 rupees and higher based on quality and brand
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I had unprotected sex with my husband but sperm did not entered in me and for safety I consumed I pill within 4 hrs after sex now my menses are missed my date was 29 jan but It had not come yet, I took urine pregnancy test yesterday it was negative, also I'm having milky white discharge from vagina what is reason for missed period?
My wife having high stomach pain. On periods date she had pcod. What should we do. We are trying for a baby. Please
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Most people do not have apparent symptoms for many months, or even years after becoming infected. Those who do have symptoms during the initial period will usually notice them about 4-7 days after being infected.
Primary infection symptoms
Primary infection is a term used for an outbreak of genital herpes that occurs when a person is first infected.
Primary infection symptoms, if they are experienced, are usually more severe than later recurrences.
Symptoms can last up to 20 days and may include:
Blisters and ulceration on the cervix
Pain when urinating
High temperature (fever)
Malaise (feeling unwell)
Cold sores around the mouth
Red blisters - these are generally painful; they soon burst and leave ulcers on the external genital area, thighs, buttocks, and rectum
In most cases, the ulcers will heal, and the patient will not have any lasting scars.
My Pap smear showed moderate neutrophilic infiltrate. My gynecologist advised me to take zifi oz, Izra d and signoflam twice a day for 7 days. From 5th day onwards, I'm experiencing on and off itchy hives. Could this be side effects of any of these medicines? And what should I do further?
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.