Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana DwivediYour feedback matters!
What to feed a new born baby and what is the real working woman choice so that find real value of health and best figure.
My Son is 17 Months old. I am a working mom. My son was on breast feed till 2 days back. Off late my son has stopped eating breakfast because he sucks milk whole night. From few days he eats only 2 mouths of food in the afternoon and nights. We tried everything, changing the taste, texture, type of food. My sister suggested me to apply female No bite and to stop breast feed so that he will start eating food. I did the same. My son literally cried for 2 nights and yesterday he was quite okay. But still his food intake is the same. I am emotionally feeling very bad. Whenever I lie down he kisses me for milk. He hugs me, looks at me in a sad way. Some of my office peers suggested me to feed him milk for 2 years. My question is what if he still doesn't eat food. At-least before I was relieved he was getting my milk. Pleas suggest me what should I do. Can I continue feeding him for another 6 months. My mom told by now my milk would have become sour. Is it true.
My child is 2 year 10 month, he still speaks two letter words only and is unable to form sentence. Though he says 1-10 ,abcd phonetic, colours name, however I noticed that he says few words in backwards spell. Like Paani, he says pain, for sheep he says peesh, for okay he says KO .I keep correcting him. Also I found that unknowgly he pronounce the correct word but if I ask what is this he says in backwards direction. This is not with all words only few words spl which include "pa" in it.
My daughter is 5. 5 months old her weight is just 5.5 please help me I am really worried birth weight 3.3.
Dear doctor, my neice (8 years old) is affected by brucellosis/pleural effusion/pyopericardium/partial pericadiectomy done/collagen vascular disorder, she is discharged from hospital after a month of icu care. Now almost everyday she gets high fever and pimples in complete body.
My baby eat very less food. He did not eat chapati. He has small hole in his heart. But he recover day by day. Pls tell any precaution or medicine.
I have daughter she is thirteen years old she has the habit of getting up in the night when she is asleep every one or two hours .I just want to know the cure for her restless sleep.
My Son is of two years of told. Still he cries and fights with my wife for breast feeding. How to make him to leave it?
Doctor sahab my baby is not gaining weight properly or not eating anything is the one of the major complain in any parenting forum and in my clinic also. This blog is dedicated to those parents who always concerned about baby weight. I will try to cover all step by step. This post is only for exclusive breast feeding baby means below 6 months of age baby. At birth baby weight should be approximately 3kg or more than that. Less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight. Babies lost there weight in initial days and regain there birth weigh around 10th to 14 th day of life. In first 3 months growth rate is approximately 25 to 30 gm per day after that it will increase @ 400 gms per month till 1 year. Weight will double at 5 months and triple at 1 year. Usually we compare our baby weight with others and get frustrated our baby is not healthy. We expect chubby photogenic baby. So here I will try to explain the whole story.
Let's start from the very beginning the story start the day we decide to have a baby. Maternal nutritional status and medical fitness have a mojour role. Single infection can cause low birth weight baby or preterm. In us dental infection is one of the majour cause of preterm baby. We adviced to consult couples before and after pregnancy for any problem. You can have folic acid 3monthes before concepction. Mother, short interval of previous pregnancy, maternal hemoglobin level, nutritional status, high bp (pih, viral infection, bleeding per vaginal, chromosomal abnormalities can be cause of low birth wight, prematuered or iugr baby. Women should have healthy food, do some light exercise and try to live stress free life.
In second part of story baby born with certain weight and maturity. Weight less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight and birth before 37 weeks called premature baby. Baby weight gain is mostly affected by recurrent infection and feeding and temperature for initial days.
Too hot or too cold weather can affect weight. Try to wear one extra clothes what we are wearing like if we are comfortable in half shirt we can wear him full shirt or if we are comfortable in full shirt we can wear him a half sweater more. In winter we have wear him cap and shocks but in summer only cotton jhabla is sufficient.
New born babies had low immunity so chances of infection is much more. To prevent infection you should remember these things
- try to touch baby after hand wash and try to not touch the above the wrist joint. We touch by infected hand and baby keep the same hand in his mouth get stomach infection.
- don't give any antibiotics without without consulting doctor and complete full course of antibiotics
- immunize your child as per schedule.
- avoid bottle feed if possible and if you are using it should be properly sterilized.
Exclusive breast feeding is adviced till 6 months. There is either problem in milk production and ejection or technique of feeding.
- Milk production and ejection: Milk production is controlled by prolactin harmone. For most part of milk production is use it or loose it process. The more often baby nurse the more milk you make. Oxytocin harmone is responsible for milk ejection. Suckling, thought of the baby, sound and sight of
- Baby stimulate milk ejection: Stress is the major suppress of milk ejection. Plenty of water, milk, apricot, poppy seed, papaya, oatmeal, carrot, bottle ground, funnel seed, basal leaf, can be used to augmentation of milk production.
- Breast feeding: Proper positioning and attachment is necessary for successful breast feeding. Try to feed baby with one breast at a time so baby can get for milk and hind milk both. For flat or inverted nipple can be corrected by syringing method. Tounge tie or fungal infection can be cause of improper feeding. Feed your baby on demand or every 2hr. If baby satisfied he should sleep 2 to 3 hrs after feeding, passes 6 to 8 time urine. 5 to10 min sufficient for feeding if your baby takes half an hour means you had less milk production. Initial 3monthes feeding frequency8 to10 times day after 7 to 8 times a day may be sufficient.
- Condition related to baby: For preterm and low birth weight kangaroo mother care is very useful. Where baby is kept in vertical position between the mother breast under the clothes so both skin can be in touch. You have to keep baby at least 1 to 2 hrs in a single sitting and as long as you can. It helping milk production and weight gain of baby. Repeated infection of respiratory tract, stomach infection, urinary tract infection, some congenital infection, metabolic disorder may cause slow weight gain. Neurological insult during delivery may cause slow weight gain with delayed mile stones.
- Motherhood is a great honor and privilage: It is the most challenging and utmost satisfying job, and as in every job first year is most difficult one with less paying with no vacation. As a man we never understand these things. So big salaute to those moms who day and night care there baby and wish best of luck.
My baby fingering his ear from last 1 month. Even I have given Betnesol-N Please advise what should I do.
We aborted our first unwanted pregnancy through Homeopathy medicines . After such months we planned and got pregnant again but after two months doctor explained for d&c coz doctor says baby is not growing through scanning . Is it now possible to get pregnant and born a baby . Suggest Pls .
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.