Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Bachan
Submit a review for Dr. Archana BachanYour feedback matters!
Hii I have high prolactin and little regular period then I took treatment with cabrilin for three months and now my prolactin is down less than 1 my doc put me on rediva maximum forte, and nurokind d3, folic b6 for 1 month. My last mp date was 30 april but I have no mp still.
Post menopausal bleeding is vaginal bleeding that happens at least 12 months after your periods have stopped.
About 4 % of women suffer with the above problem.It is not normal to bleed after menopause and it has to be investigated.
Causes of post menopausal bleeding
Most common cause of post menopausal bleeding is atrophic vaginitis and atrophic endometritis.After menopause due to decrease in the level of harmones in the body there can be thinning and inflammation of the inner lining of the uterus.
Other causes of post menopausal bleeding are
polyps they refer to the extra growths of the inner lining of the uterus as well as the neck of the uterus(cervix).
PMB can also be because of thickening of the inner lining of the uterus, also called as hyperplasia.it can be because of extraneous harmones or obesity.
Less than 10% of the woman who suffer from PMB may have cancer of endometrium ,cervix and vagina.
your doctor will do an internal examination to examine the cervix and do a papsmear if it is due.
2)USG scan is done to note down the size of uterus and the thickness of the endometrium.based on these reports the doctor might decide about the further tests.
4)Hysteroscopy it is a procedure where a small camera is put inside the uterus and a targetted biopsy taken from the suspicious area.
The treatment of PMB depends upon the cause.
If endometrial atrophy was the reason it can usually be traeated with estrogen creams and pessaries
Cervical and endometrial polyps require surgery to remove them.Hysteroscopic polypectomy refers to the surgery where in the polyp is removed under the guidance of the camera which is inserted into the uterus.
Endometrial hyperplasia can be treated with progesterone tablets or progesterone impregnated intrauterine devices.
Endometrial cancer will have to be treated with surgery for the removal of uterus and ovaries.Some patients may require chemo or radiotherapy as the stage of cancer may demand.
All in all postmenopusal bleeding doesnt mean the patient has cancer 90 percent of the time it is because of the benign causes but it should not be ignored but investigated.Its betTer to be safe than sorry.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 25 years old and had a c-section 7 months back. Till now there are no periods. But 15 days back had an unprotected sex. Is there any chance of pregnancy if so when to have a pregnancy test at home.
I am married since July 2016. I have blocked fallopian tubes. Doctor did my TB gold test and it came positive after that doctor started treatment of tuberculosis and told me that I have chances of conceiving during treatment of tuberculosis. I am on treatment of tuberculosis from 2 months but no success. What are my chances of conceiving?
Is there any way I can prevent herpes after having oral sex a week back with an infected person for 50 seconds approximately?
Factors that determine the success of your IVF procedure
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.