Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Archana AgarwalYour feedback matters!
. Me arohi n i'm 18 years old. In my teeth I have a problems related gums. N smell. Which mouthwash can I take. For it? Which mouthwash you recommend me.?
I am facing teeth prblm from last 4 days .there is a prblm of muscles whch came uppr sde of new nw teeth due to which it crete prblm during ate ?
Sir, i am feeling numbness in one side of my lower lip from nearly one year. Its started when I had a tooth infection. I am also feeling a small lump like thing on pressing it. Please tell me what it might be? thanking you sir.
I have a serious dental problem. There's a cavity on my teeth. How do I treat it. Or is there anyway to curb further spreading of the infection? Will removing the infected teeth solve the problem once and for all?
I have tooth ache because of cavity to reduce the pain what should I do? I am 19 year old and now I went to the dentist and he filled up that teeth but sometimes it hurts very badly. Please suggest me something.
I have removed my tooth as suggested by a dentist. Now I want to implant a new tooth. What are the various options.
My tooth is paining a lot, only one side of molars part, please suggest something as soon as possible?
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
I have my braces with four teeth extracted. Does it change my face shape. Does it really good to wear braces with teeth extracted.
I am suffering from yellow teeth since childhood what I do I am feeling shy in laughing in between my friends.
I am having a toothache, the pain is on the right side of my jaw and it feels like there's a lump or something right below a tooth. I think the problem is in the gums and when pressed it ache's severely sometimes. What must I do?
Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some tips to help you look after your teeth.
Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
See your dentist for regular check-ups. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.