Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Appu GhaiYour feedback matters!
Dear sexologist, what is the female choice in her vagina that a male can do for sex. I only know insert penis inside vagina. Kindly share me anymore sexual female choice in her vagina. Please female doctor give me all points.
The news of pregnancy can be one of the best news in a couple’s lifetime. However, where this news does not arrive, it can turn very stressful. Whatever the reasons, if a couple has been trying to have a baby and are not able to, it can be very strenuous. However, statistics reveal that most couples take four to six months to conceive. Some couples even take up to two years.
Lifestyles are changing and there are a lot of factors, which determine the ability of a couple to conceive. There could be issues with either of the couple, and sometimes it might not even be an actual issue, but only psychological barriers hampering the health of the relationship.
Some common conditions that can contribute to the couple not conceiving include endometriosis, ovarian issues, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, medical illnesses, etc. A few common remedies can be tried first, before reaching out for professional help.
- Using lubricants without spermicide topical agents may be used, but some of them could contain chemicals, which are spermicides and reduce the sperm count. This needs to be ruled out before investigating the cause for infertility.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the luteal phase, which is from the time of ovulation to menstruation. Zinc also plays a vital role in pregnancy and conception, and so it is advisable to take these supplements when trying to get pregnant.
- Weight management, quit smoking, improved hydration, general detoxification, dietary changes, adequate hours of sleep are some changes that can immensely benefit.
- An ovulation predictor kit and trying to conceive around that time also increases chances of conception.
- For a woman who is 35 years or younger, conception should happen in about four to six months’ time. If not, it is time to see a doctor to see what is preventing pregnancy.
Some of the other conditions, which would require a visit to the doctor are as follows:
- Consumption of regular asthma medications
- Diabetic patients
- Epilepsy patients
- Chronic smoker
- Underweight or overweight women
- Diagnosed endometriosis
- History of polycystic ovaries
- History of irregular periods or other menstrual disorders
- History of thyroid disease, especially hypothyroidism, which is one of the main contributing reasons for infertility. Quite often, treating the thyroid levels can lead to pregnancy
- History of sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia
- History of sexual hormonal imbalance
- History of prolonged use of birth control pills
If there is no underlying medical issue, it will happen, don’t be anxious. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 30 years old female I had ectopic (tubal) pregancy which is treated with double dose of injection metharax on 19, may, 2015. Now I have heavy bleeding and pain. Now my beta hcg level is zero. I have not taken any other medicine. Is this any complicated problem or not?
Hi Doctor, Someone told to unwanted 21 tablets will be regulating periods problem it is true please tell me how much months I have to use I have pcod it is 4 mm to 7 mm size please tell me.
I am a scabies patient and i am pregnant in my 8th month pregnancy how can it harm on my baby? please advise.
Sleep hygiene tips:
- Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep.
- Sleep hygiene help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
- Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
- Avoid naps if possible.
- Naps decrease the ‘sleep debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset. Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that. When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
- Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No tv or internet during these periods! that will just stimulate you more than desired. If this happens several times during the night, that is ok. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
- Don’t watch tv or read in bed.
- When you watch tv or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon. Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
- Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise regularly
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep. Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep.
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer. Turn off the tv and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep. Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is ok. If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom. Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights. Have a comfortable mattress.
- If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
- Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower, meditation.
Some who are struggling with sleep regularly find it helpful to print out these recommendations and read them reularly. If you accidentally miss some of recommendations, or have a bad night, do not fret. By following these sleep hygiene recommendations, you will help yourself to get into a routine that promotes good sleep opportunities.
Deficiency or loss of calcium and phosphorus in the bones among other minerals causes the bones to go weak. With passage of time, some people develop a bone condition where the bone mineral density (bmd) goes very low. This condition is called osteopenia and it is now a very common problem. When the bone density goes even below than what it is in osteopenia, then the person develops osteoporosis. Although it is not mandatory that whoever has osteopenia will end up with osteoporosis as well. Fact is, it is very difficult to notice the signs of osteopenia. Just like osteoporosis, it could be present in your body for years, before your find out that you got the problem. Although we call all weakness of bone as osteoporosis, weakness of bone due to deficiency of calcium and vitamin d are clinically called osteomalacia. To label it as osteoporosis, bone should be weak with a normal blood calcium and vitamin d levels.
The symptoms of osteopenia are:
1. Extreme pain when fracture: this condition doesn't cause any physical pain in normal life. The only time one will experience immense pain is, if there is a fracture in the bone. On the flipside, a lot of fractures occur because of osteoporosis.
2. Receding gums: this symptom is quite a surprise and one we don't usually imagine it to be. While receding gums could be the symptom for many problems, it is one of the symptoms of osteopenia.
3. Brittle nails: if you have weak and brittle fingernails, this is a direct indication of your bone health.
4. Shrinking with age: as we age, we tend to lose height. This happens to those with vertebral fractures and poor postures. In both the conditions, this could be a symptom of osteopenia.
5. Dehydration: in some very rare cases, extreme dehydration has been a silent cause. So if you are suffering from side effects of dehydration, keep a check on your bones too.
6. Pcos: irregular periods in women is also something that could be a symptom for many irregularities, but pcos can also lead to osteopenia as are eating disorder or over exercising.
Earliest symptoms of osteopenia is generalised tiredness, easy fatiguability and vague body or joint pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi, I am 25 recently I had a sex with my partner for several time since last month. We haven't used any precautionary steps but he was sure that the sperms didn't released inside the vegina. I want to conform the pregnancy before the periods arrived actual period date would be around 7th of every month and before that I use to get pain in my upper area of my breast before 10 to 12 days every time but i haven't observed this time. Could you please suggest me what I need to do to conform the pregnancy.
आलूबुखारा स्वाद और औषधीय गुण दोनों में ही एक बेहतर फल साबित होता है. इसका अंग्रेजी नाम प्लम है. लगभग पूरी दुनिया में अब ये पाया जाता है. विश्व के अलग-अलग जगहों पर इसकी अलग-अलग लगभग 2000 प्रजातियाँ पाई जाती हैं. इसके नियमित सेवन से हम कई बिमारियों जैसे कि रक्त चाप या स्ट्रोक आदि से बच सकते हैं और इससे शरीर में लोहा की मात्रा में भी वृद्धि होती है. इसके सेवन से पुरुषों के शरीर में मजबूती और ताकत आता है. आलूबुखारा में कई तरह के पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं. विटामिन ए, सी, के और फाइबर से समृद्ध आलूबुखारा के फायदे और नुकसान की विस्तृत जानकारी के लिए निम्लिखित बिन्दुओं का अध्ययन करें.
- रक्तचाप और ह्रदय रोग के नियंत्रण में: आलूबुखारा में पाया जाने वाला पोटेशियम रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित करता है. इसके अलावा आलूबुखारा का नियमित सेवन हमारे दिल के लिए काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. इससे दिल के दौरे या स्ट्रोक के खतरे को काफी हद तक कम किया जा सकता है.
- कैंसर के उपचार में: इसमें पाया जाने वाला एंटीऑक्सिडेंट और कई अन्य औषधीय गुण हमारे शरीर में कैंसर की कोशिकाओं को पनपने से रोकते हैं. इसमें मौजूद बीटा कैरोटिन भी कैंसर के खतरे को काफी हद तक कम करता है. यदि आप भी कैंसर के जोखिम को कम करना चाहते हैं तो आलूबुखारा की सहायता ले सकते हैं.
- शुगर के उपचार में: मधुमेह के खतरे से बचाने के लिए भी आलूबुखारा का प्रयोग किया जाता है. इसके नियमित सेवन से शरीर में शुगर की मात्रा में वृद्धि नहीं होती है. शुगर के मरीज इसे खाएं तो वो शुगर के स्तर को नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं.
- आँखों के लिए: आलूबुखारा विटामिन ए से समृद्ध होता है. विटामिन ए हमारे आँखों के दृष्टि के लिए काफी अच्छा होता है. इसके सेवन से श्लेष्मा झिल्ली भी स्वस्थ रहती है. इसमें पाया जाने वाला फाइबर जेक्सनथिन रेटिना को मजबूती प्रदान करता है.
- हड्डियों के लिए: आलूबुखारा में पाया जाने वाला विटामिन के हमारे शरीर की हड्डियों को मजबूती प्रदान करने में समर्थ होता है. विटामिन के, महिलाओं के मिनोपॉज के दौरान होने वाली परेशानियों को भी कम करने का काम करता है.
- कोलेस्ट्राल के नियंत्रण में: कोलेस्ट्राल के नियंत्रण में भी आलूबुखारा की सकारात्मक भूमिका है. दरअसल इसमें घुलनशील फाइबर पाया जाता है जिससे कि शरीर में बढ़ते हुए कोलेस्ट्राल पर नियंत्रण होता है. इसमें फैट को आसानी से पचाने का भी गुण मौजूद होता है.
- वजन कम करने में: वजन कम करने के लिए भी आलूबुखारा का इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. दरअसल इसमें सुपरऑक्साइड पाया जाता है जो कि ऑक्सिजन रेडिकल के नाम से जाना जाता है और ये चर्बी को कम करता है. इसके सेवन से फैट भी नहीं बढ़ता है.
- सर्दी-जुकाम के उपचार में: आलूबुखारा में पाए जाने वाले विटामिन सी का काम हमारे शरीर का प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाना होता है. जाहिर है सर्दी-जुकाम जैसी आम बीमारियाँ ज्यादातर प्रतिरोधक क्षमता में कमी के कारण ही होती हैं. इसलिए आलूबुखारा का नियमित सेवन हमें सर्दी-जुकाम से बचा सकता है.
- पाचन में: पाचन क्रिया को दुरुस्त करने में भी आलूबुखारा का इस्तेमाल किया जाता रहा है. ऐसा इसमें पाए जाने वाले फाइबर की भरपूर मात्रा की वजह से हो पाता है. इसके अलावा इसमें सोर्बिटोल और आईसीटीन भी पाया जाता है जो कि पाचन में सुधार करता है.
- त्वचा और पेट के लिए: इसमें कई तरह के एंटीऑक्सिडेंट पाए जाते हैं जिससे कि हमारे त्वचा में निखार आता है. इसके आलावा इसके पत्तों को पीसकर बने लेप से पेट के कीड़े ख़त्म हो सकते हैं और इसका सेवन पित्त दोषों को भी दूर करने का काम करता है.
Respected doctor generally I heard a word 'pregnancy'what is the minimum time at which a lady get pregnancy? Does it have different timings for different age groups or common to every lady. Please answer my question?
Hi, I am 24 male, planning to get marry with my girlfriend (age- 35), I wanted to know whether she can be pregnant and give normal birth to child due to such age? However she gets her regular monthly periods, but blood count becomes low from 5th or 6th day of her monthly periods! Can she still be pregnant and have normal child delivery? What are the precautions we have to take and last age for normal delivery for woman? How many normal deliveries can she go through due to such age? Will there be any problem in sexual satisfaction in future due to high age difference? It will a great help in my life if I get all the answers!
Hi I am 6+ months pregnant but not gaining weight though according my last usg my baby's weight s proper and I am feeling strong movements ths days .i hav put on altogether 8 kilos. Bt finding it hard to put on nw. I am 5'4" ,70 kg. Any advice?
My menstrual cycle is 30-33 days on 8th day of my periods I feel pain in my lower legs and stomach. And I have white discharge is it ovulation?
Now im 17 week pregnant but yesterday unfortunately my cousin son has biten my tumb little blood came. Is it ok otherwise I have to take TT injection. Pls suggest me.
A backache in pregnancy. Is normally seen. To remain a backache free use a flat shoe, maintain right posture, avoid heavy weight, use warm water for bath. Keep changing your posture. Learn exercise, take vit d calcium rich food.
General emotional dejection and withdrawal; sadness greater and more prolonged than that warranted by any objective reason, may be seen as a diagnosis of depression. Other symptoms may include feelings of hopelessness, and or pessimism, feeling of guilt, irritability, and restlessness and loss of appetite. One foremost or cardinal sign of depression is a loss of interest in the objects or people previously liked and appreciated by the individual. With the blind race about possession of more and more resources, the rate of depression is growing high. A throat cut competitive environment at social and professional level is another reason behind stress anxiety and depression.
Though it's a truth that depression occurs because of arbitrary thought process, and counselling plays an important role in it, medicines are also often required. Ayurveda prescribes the wonderful solution in this regard.
- 1oleation and fomentation the therapies normally known as snehan and Sweden in Ayurveda. In this, whole body massage with medicated oil is done. After that whole body fomentation is performed. The massage relaxes the strained muscles. It removes fatigue and stiffness.
- 2 a full course of snehan, Sweden, mridu vaman and mental health promoters after that provides easy, early and long lasting relief from the annoying pain of stress and depression. The patient feels rejuvenated and comes out of low mood and helplessness.