Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
My wife is 29 week pregnant. Doctor s said she is less in weight and also they said baby weights is only for 22 weeks. Old tell me how to increase the weight.
I have irregular periods, I want to know if it may cause any difficulties to conceive a baby? and my age is 29 yrs.
Hi me and my gf had a sex in dec. She got her periods irregularly upto march and now she missed april periods. Its already 12 days late and she is in another city from 1month so her sister told that due to water change you didn't get periods and she ate papaya fruit for two days bt still she didn't get her periods. Is she pregnant? if she, then how can we avoid? reply asap we are worried.
My wife is suffuring from Lucoriya from last two years so please suggest me which medicine will help for her.
Sir me and my gf had unprotected sex on 10th March, her date is 19th March, she didn't take any contraceptive pill at that time, but we are afraid now, pls help me sir, what should I do now, as we don't want pregnancy at this moment.
I have Pcos And had an abortion recently does abortion makes Pcos more serious and creates problems in further pregnancies?
I had upper abdomen and grain area pain can I go for sonography is it some problem and I got married last 4 month want to conceive. what will I do?
I am 24 year, female. I experience frequent irritations in my vagina. Mostly it turns out to be fungal infection. I clean my self regularly with wash twice daily even. Why m I prone to this particular infection?
I am getting married in a fortnight. I and my fiancée are very excited about our first night sex. I want to know how many rounds of sex are advisable on the first night as we both are virgins. Also how many rounds should we do every night without causing any damage to our organs as we want to have a very long and happy sex life. Thank you in advance.
Can I do yoga and cardio together. First I start with yoga (10 min) and then cardio (20 min) is it ok or it is harmful. I do yoga because I feel relaxed and it reduçes my stress and worries, but at same I am gaining weight due to yoga so I started doing cardio after yoga is it ok will it helps to reduce weight ? Help pls.
I am from Bangladesh. I am thin too much then my height is 5 feet 3 inch and my weight is 44 .i feel too much lazy too. My family planning for my marry . Now I feel I should increase my body. Now please suggest me what should I do and what kind of meals should I take and what should i. Avoid. And I really like to take 1 or two cup of milk tea everyday day for get refreshment in the morning and evening I really like it So suggest me please please .any natural remedy , food meal and other to gain my weight.
Helo doc Last month my periods came late by one week and bleeding was less than normal but I take it easy but this month my period came on time but only cramping come. I asked doc for it then they said for ultrasound. Report shows blood pieces in uterus. They give me medicine for the cleanliness. After medicine only cramping flow when I go for toilet. The doc gave me dose for 5 days but after 3 days I went again to doc. She check me internally. She said everything is fine. But if you get heavy bleeding or cramping frequently then come again. Now my dose has been finished but after finish of dose cramping is flowing again. M very very tensed what should I do?
Does periods dates are getting late ? If yes then whats the reasons ? Or any problem of having late periods ?
The popularity of Ayurveda as an alternative form of medicine has been on the rise for sometime as it is effective, holistic and without side effects. One of the forms of ayurvedic treatment which has been practiced for ages and has resurged in popularity over the past few decades is the Panchakarma Therapy. Let's take a look at this form of alternative healing.
What exactly is Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma therapy, which literally translates into five therapies, is the primary form of detoxification and purification of the body in Ayurveda. The functions of Panchakarma are to remove stress and toxins which may cause illnesses as well as the re-balancing of energies or the doshas that govern all of the biological functions within the body.
Individual parts of the Therapy:
- Vamana: This is a medicated and controlled form of regurgitation or vomiting which is used to loosen the toxins within the body and then flushing them out of the system and to balance Kapha doshas. It is also used to clear the respiratory tract. It is extremely beneficial in case the patient has Chronic Allergies, Hyperacidity, congestion, Bronchial Asthma, obesity among other disorders.
- Basti or the irrigation of the colon: Although this treatment is used as a rejuvenating treatment, the main purpose of basti is to flush out the toxins with the body through the use of an enema and to clear the colon of toxins. This is often considered the mother of all Panchakarma treatments as it clears out toxins from all three doshas, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
- Virechana or purgation of the toxins through the gastrointestinal tract: This therapy is meant to purge the entire toxins from the body via the gastrointestinal tract. Its primary targets are to detoxify the liver and the gallbladder. If you suffer from Asthma, Digestive disorders, Constipation, hyperacidity, headaches, chronic fever or diabetes, this treatment can be of immense help.
- Nose cleaning or Nasya: The main aim of this treatment is to clean the toxins of the head and neck area. This is achieved by administering of special medicated oils through the nose and then cleaning the Kapha toxins that have accumulated over time.
- Raktamokshana: This is a rare procedure but performed in extreme cases and involves blood letting in a very controlled manner and minute quantities to detoxify the body.
Importance of the Panchakarma Diet: This is one of the most important parts of the Panchakarma Therapy as none of the treatments mentioned above will be effective if you don't follow this proper diet. Treatments can be individual or a combination of multiple parts mentioned above and has been known to be very effective in curing a variety of disorders if followed properly with the diet.
Blood pressure is the thrust exerted by the blood against the artery walls or blood vessels. A certain count of blood pressure is necessary for blood circulation, but anything excessive may prove to be trouble. A reading above the count considered normal; 140/90 (mmHg) may induce symptoms, such as short breath, severe headaches, nosebleeds and anxiety.
Any sort of hypertension during pregnancy can take a toll on the baby.
1. Preeclampsia is a condition wherein, the blood pressure peeks high after 20 weeks of conception accompanied by traces of protein in urine and functional disorders in a few organs.
2. Hypertension might often result in the delivery of an underdeveloped (abnormally small size) baby.
3. High blood pressure might also give rise to a complication wherein, one might have to go for Caesarian section rather than a normal vaginal delivery.
4. The placenta detaches itself from the uterine wall much prior to the delivery.
5. Preeclampsia escalates one’s risks of suffering from heart disorders or other cardiovascular diseases.
6. It restricts the blood flow to the placenta (an organ nourishing the baby), thus cutting off adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Excessive protein content in urine
2. Impaired liver functioning
3. Low urine levels
4. Nausea or vomiting
5. Intense pain and tenderness in the upper abdomen
6. Problems in eyesight such as double vision or temporary loss of vision, light sensitivity and blurriness.
7. Abnormal swelling
8. Persistent and a severe headache
Medications do meddle with pregnancy. However, certain medications are considered safe to be used for keeping blood pressure levels under control. These include Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs) and Renin Inhibitors. However, do consult a doctor to get your dosage administered accurately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.