Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old. I have severe headache issue for last 4 months. I hav chkd with ENT he says all is ok. Possibly a migraine. So I hav started taking migrabe pills. Nothing has improved. What shld I do .
I suffer from head aches more often. May be because of tension or migraine. Doctors gave me dolo and stemtill. Sometimes pain reduces and sometimes not. Once I get severe head aches then drugs don't help me. Which is the best medicine for head aches and how to prevent it.
What You Need to Know About Epilepsy And Seizures in Children!
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.
I am suffering from insomnia lately, am at times restless on bed and my sleep gets interrupted, please provide me with some help?
I have a 18 months old son. He have brain infections during birth time. Now he has no devlopment. Can you help me.
I am a 33 year old male and have parkinson disease for last 15 years. What should I do? i have visited so many doctors, but no fruitful result came till date.
I have migraine I used many medicines but I did not get any solution for this problem can you please suggest me what kind of medicine is suitable for migraine any health care or any natural remedy for this solution what kind of medicine nlis suitable for migraine.
I am 39 years old female and frequently attacked by migraine headche. Is there any permanent solution for this?
My baby is born with brachial plexus birth injury. Now she is 6 months old, we have consulted few orthopedics n neurologists all they have said is go for surgery. Is that problem wont recover with physioteraphy? if we go for surgery also will there be any side effects for baby in future? kindly advise.
Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep, and ultimately Get Better Sleep.
What is sleep hygiene?
Sleep hygiene is defined as behaviors that one can do to help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
Avoid naps if possible
- Naps decrease the ‘Sleep Debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset.
- Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that.
- When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
- If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No TV or internet during these periods! That will just stimulate you more than desired.
- If this happens several times during the night, that is OK. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
Don’t watch TV or read in bed.
- When you watch TV or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- The bed is reserved for two things – sleep and hanky panky.
Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon.
- Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep.
- Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
- Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer.
- Turn off the TV and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep.
- Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is OK.
- If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom.
- Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights.
- Have a comfortable mattress.
If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower
- Meditation, or quiet time
He is a diabetes patient & he stopped his medicine from 15 days after that he got a severe headache and got paralysis of left side wat should we do to cure him in 3to 5month or he will not cure? please tel me.
While writing my hand shakes, the situation becomes worse when somebody ask me to write and see what I am writing, the heartbeat also increases and I starts feeling nervousness. Pl advice treatment.
Sir I have severe migraine with gastic and biles problem. It is maximum during my mensuration with pain in lower abdomen. Some years ago I have operated for galblader stone. Right now I am taking pantop-d for gastic, vasograin for migraine 1/2 a day according to pain and avil 25 for biles(pita). Please suggest. Suffering from last 12 to 14 years, taken treatment from lots of doctors.
Im 25 year old female. Im facing sleeping disorders from past 10 months. Eg.whem im in deep sleep I feel im awake n I try to get up but I couldn't. I researched about this on internet n got to know that it's a condition of sleep paralysis. Not only this I get scary dreams n hallucinations when im more tired. Cn I please know what happened to me actually n what can I do to get rid of my problems?
I have suffered chronic insomnia for 13 years were I can neither fall asleep or stay asleep without taking sleep medication. I have tried all the natural things of exercise, meditation, quiet time before bed, herbal teas. NOTHING helps. I do not wake up stressed or go to bed stressed but I cannot sleep. I am travelling to Mumbai from Kenya on 12th march and will be in Mumbai for 1 week. I am desperate to find a specialist in this field who can help me. Thank you so much.
Maintain a healthy weight.
Check your waist line.
Eat mindfully,Emphasize colourful vitamin packed vegitables and fruits.Whole grains, fish,lean poultry and beans and other legumes as protien sources from plus healthy fats. Cut down on unnecessary calories from sweets and sodas,refiend grains like white breador white rice,unhealthy fats, fried and fast foods and mindless snacking.Keep a open eye on portion size.
Exercise regularly. Brisk walk of 2 and half to 5 hours /week.
Keep an eye on important health numbers.Keep a watch on triglyceride, LDL.Blood pressue and blood sugar.