Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna GuptaYour feedback matters!
What precautions should be taken if you are suffering from abdominal migraine, eyes paining and ear pain?
Hello Doctor, My forehead veins are swollen near the right temple. I had another one too on the left, but it's gone now. My head often aches from the childhood and I have got sinus too. The bring swells sometimes more and my head also aches. I am a regular smoker, drink around thrice a week and sleeps around 5-6 hrs in weekdays and 7-8 hrs in weekends.
I have a migraine problem which isn't getting better. I am taking homeopathic medication for my problem. What can I do to reduce my migraine?
I am 22 year girl firstly I was experiencing tremor than I feeling somewhat kind of little dizziness is it parkinson.
Hi i have migraine with aura. Take many treatments but not satisfy. Now I use lybotrip tabs. What can I do. And I cannot wake up early in morning morning why.
I am suffering face right and left deflections and lower lip shifter slightly towards right due to spinodal which results into regular cold and nose blockage. What should be done to cure face right and left differences?
I am 30 years old female and getting numbness in my finger tips as I lay down to rest even getting white discharge in much amount so can some one guid me in my health related problems?
- Occurs suddenly
- There is neurological problem or paralysis (lakwa)
- It may be temporarily or permanent
- May lead to sudden dearth
1. Sudden trouble in walking, co-ordination, balance
2. Sudden dizziness
3. Sudden sever headache
4. Sudden numbness or weakness of face / arm/ leg- specially on one side
5. Sudden confusion/ problem in understanding
6. Sudden speech problem
7. Sudden problem in vision (seeing) in one or both eyes
- Blockage of an blood vessel in the brain by a clot
- Rupture of blood vessel in the brain.
- Time is crucial- to reverse or reduce the damage to brain cells . brain cells die within minutes to few hours and do not regenerate - thus lead to permanent loss of function.
- A clot bursting drug is required to be given within 3-6 hrs.
- Blood thinning medicine are to be continued for a long time
- Progress in the disease is continuous process and continues for years
By controlling risk factors like
Recognize the symptoms of stroke and act immediately – to take the patent to hospital.
Is migraine curable? My wife feels her neck is heavy. What steps could be taken to avoid migraine. Home remedies. Regards.
British head injury statistics report that about one million people are required to go through emergency care every year. Although many of these accidents are minor, one out of five victims is required to be admitted in the hospital for emergency care. Head injuries amount to about 1 percent of all deaths and about 15 to 20 percent death in people aged between 5 and 35 years. This is the most common form of death in abused children.
Symptoms of a concussion
Head injuries are also known as concussions or traumatic brain injuries, which may range from mild to severe. Most mild injuries cause no harm over time but in rare cases, these may trigger a host of problems. You must seek medical help in case you observe any of the following symptoms:
- Nausea, drowsiness and headache are persistent for a long time and get worse every day.
- Difficulty in waking up from sleep; this problem is very common with children.
- Unusual and incomprehensible behavior like getting annoyed or losing temper and being confused.
- Amnesia or forgetfulness.
- Change in the size of eye pupil especially dilated pupil.
- Difficulty in explaining anything, speaking and even walking.
- Drainage of blood-like or clear fluids from nose or ears.
- Weakness or numbness in different parts of the body, particularly in arms and legs.
- Vomiting more than twice or thrice in a day.
Such symptoms should never be overlooked and they may take place separately or in combination in people affected with mild head injuries. These symptoms are collectively called post concussional syndrome causing irritability, depression, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia together with the above mentioned problems.
Homeopathic treatment to alleviate the symptoms
Initial hours right after the head injury are very crucial. A proper treatment at this point of time can prevent further worsening of the condition. Arnica and NatrumSulph are very effective in treating head injuries or concussion. Though most people regard Arnica as a small remedy in petty injuries, in truth, Arnica plays a vital role in preventing immediate as well as remote effects culminating from a head injury. It can control internal hemorrhages or bleeding, which may lead to critical problems in the future.
Another important homeopathic medicine is NatrumSulph that is known for its ability to treat epilepsy, sightlessness, vertigo and memory loss, which can arise from an immediate or distant head injury. It can also lead to swelling in the optic channel through which the optic nerve goes that can cause acute visual disturbances. Therefore, it is important to consult a responsive healthcare provider without further delay.
Im suffering from nerve pain (pinching and shock like sensation) in my penis since last 2 years. I visited a Doctor (mbbs) and he prescribed me a medicine - nurokind gold. While treatment I feel some cure. But after some day pain returned. And once again my doctor prescribed me pregabalin. But results are same as before. Why should I do.
I have JUVENILE MYCLONIC EPILEPSY since 3 years. I came to know about it when I met a neurologist which had me an EEG test. There is no one in my family have this problem. Not even any neurological problem so far. I don't know where I got this disease. Doctor said the cause is unknown. Also I am physically weak. Is weakness might be a cause? I have also other problems such as memory loss, confusion and attention problem. Are these problems due to that disease? I just want to know what's cause of this.
My dad is paralyzed he is a diabetic patient nd has a blood sugar, pressure he is at bed the right side is paralyzed For strength in the body and paralyzed leg suggest some food so that we can serve?
Hi, I am 17 years old I have a problem with my hands they start shaking unnecessarily sometimes please provide me a solution to this. Thanks.
Epilepsy or seizers is a neurologic disorder, which can also be classified as a chronic dysfunction of the human brain. Epilepsy is a condition that is common to both adults and children and the symptoms for the same can be spotted in any person, regardless of age or time. Though the condition can be troublesome, there is no reason to fear it. Epilepsy is curable and can be omitted with regular homoeopathic medication and treatments. If you have epilepsy, read on to find the best cures and treatments for the condition.
How epilepsy affects you?
Epilepsy is a condition of the brain, where it is forced to suddenly put a stop the normal electronic activities that it is used to performing. Symptoms of recurring seizures include-
- Sudden disorientation
- Confusion or inability of registering any activity around you
- Uncontrollable and contorted shaking of the body
- Suddenly stricken with fear
- Gritting of teeth
- Losing all consciousness, etc.
If you have noticed any or more than one of these symptoms, it is time to give the doctor a visit. A homoeopathic specialist, in this case, can prove to be the most helpful.
Types of seizures or epilepsy:
Epilepsy again can be classified into some varieties, depending on which part of the brain it is affecting. Some of the different kinds of epilepsies include-
- Partial Seizures: Partial Seizers are further classified into simple partial seizures, absent seizures and complex partial seizures. The first variety is characterised by jerking of the body and slight impairment of sight and sound. The second variant is characterised with momentary unconsciousness, slight twitching of the facial muscles and upward gaze. The last variety if, characterised by heavy jerking of the body, almost like in a trance and last for over a minute.
- Generalised Seizure or Convulsion: The Generalized seizure is a more engaging form of epilepsy that affects the whole body and results in profuse convulsion. This kind of seizures is characterised by complete loss of consciousness, heavy jerking caused due to muscular contractions, severe breathing difficulty, reddening of the face and post attach back aches.
These different types of seizures are caused depending on the area of the brain that they involve.
Best homoeopathic treatments for seizures:
Homeopathy has come up with some of the most valuable and well-researched treatments to cure epilepsy in individuals. Some of the most noted remedies and medications include-
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Cuprum Metallicum
- Bufo Rana
- Kali Bromatum
- Enanthe Crocata
- Nux Vomica
- Cicuta Virosa
- Causticum, etc.
These remedies are designed to positively affect different kinds of epilepsies, with different intensities and in different stages. These are only a handful of cures for seizures suggested by homoeopathy. Visiting a professional, homoeopathic, medical specialist will allow you to recognise the type of epilepsy you have and also find the best remedy for the same.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!