Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aparana GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old. I'm suffering from following problems:-? Jaw lock while sleeping? weakness in eyes & head? teeth paining while going upstairs? irregular periods & having a simple follicular cyst in left ovary of approx. 2.1?4.2cm.
I am 23 years old. I wear specs. The power of my lenses are right -1 keft -0.75. Is there any chances to get rid of my specs. I mean is there any way to correct my eye sight so that I do not hav to wear specs anymore. Is there any correction measures for it.
I have a cold for last three days and my eyes are red my tongue has turned blue and I can not smell nor I can breathe clearly. What should I do?
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I am 17 years old. My eyesight is getting weak continously. I am very worried about it please help me to tell something.
hi doc,my right eye lid has 2 growing white spots (nose side).what dose that indicate?cure for that pl,
Dear Dr. , Tamil nadu ,unmarried working in sales .My problem is I had weak erections I used to masturbate often before .I can't feel my orgasm now it became flexible and I can see some nerves on top of it and it became 2 inch's small. I don't want to take pills for this cure I want to cure with taking some home remedies .Dr kindly help me out from this situation .
I'm not able to see long distance object properly. Such as in class, it's being so hard too see the words on the board. This is happening from last 3 to 4 days. I'm a 17 yr old boy. Why it's happening? how to get this normal? is there is smthn wid I'm using my phone too much. N the screen light affecting my eyes? please help I don't want glasses!
My mother (58+ yrs) is under treatment for Hypothyroidism (Eltroxin 50 mcg), Hypertension (Olmezest 20 mg) & Osteoarthritis (stage-2) of knee joints. Since past couple of months, she faced the problem of seeing every distant object in black color as well as in blurry image. Recently she visited an eye doctor, who suggested this is because of the eye gel getting dried up. She had cataract also, but that's mostly at initial phase. 1) What could have caused this eye gel to be dried ? Is it something serious & related to other medical problems ? 2) They have prescribed 2 eye drops - Aqualube & Nepaflam daily 3-4 times for 3-months. Is it safe to to use Nepaflam for such a long period ?
One of my friend told me that her boyfriend has been complaining about her vaginal odour however she finds it perfectly normal. I have read a lot about it to help her out, but it seems that she is taking all precautions and still the problem persists. Can you explain how and why this situation may arise?
I use spectacle, eye power"-0.25" is is possible that I have vision problem? If I want to know what test you suggest?
I have irritation in my eyes continuously and my eyes are reddish all the time. I've tried many eye drops too but never got relieved.
At this time I am using spectacles but I want to wear eye lens. Is it good to wear eye lens or any problem with this?
I have eyes floating problem. Now these days stars are also dancing in front of eyes. I am wearing black sunglasses from 1 year cause of these eye floaters. Any cure for these.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.