Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aparana GuptaYour feedback matters!
Eyes pains a lot. I have got spectacles too. Please help me out because it disturbs me from my studies too.
My father aged 69 years having watering of both eyes on and off for a month. He had previous episode three weeks ago lasting for a week and stopped without any medication .After 3-4 weeks it recurs again ,he has cataract in lt eye since 6 years and not operated, has been operated for rt eye cataract before 6 yrs. Is it due to cataract or some other reason. It is worrying.
My eye power is -2 in right and -1.5 in left what is best diet for my eye and what is the minimum use of mob. Laptop in a day which make my eye good and perfect.
I am 20 year old. I have an headache since last month. I have visited the ophthalmologist and my family doc. Problems - Right side of head paining. Eyes pain. Less light irritates quickly. Headache. Reading problems when material is near (have to remove specs ). Kindly suggest.
I am suffering from dry scaly eyelids for so many years. I remember once I went to doctor and he prescribed some ointment and it got reduced. But now days it started again. And its really hard to remove those flakes. What should I do. Any ointments for it to remove? Or make it soft. It should go by one simple wash.
Mam I suffer from eye problem. Daily more than two times tears swell from my eyes. Please solve my problem.
I have specs but my specs number increase every year, how can I maintain that and how to decrease specs no?
How do I treat my OCD for cleanliness? I have consulted psychotherapist and was on drug but it didn't seem to work. Now I lost my masters in pharmacy study to it and jobless. Also I suffer from body image issue as I have gynecomastia (small breasts but but scared me for life. Please help apart from usual recommendation of go see other doctor.
Every day I feel mentally weak/stressed due to difficulty in focus, leg weakness/ disbalance. My left eye is very weak and power can not improved with specs. Please advice actually what problem to me Thanks.
Hi, I am suffering from these thoughts from last 3 years. My thoughts are listed below 1. When we go to sleep, our brain starts to make virtual thought, when I stops these virtual thoughts I am not able to sleep. 2. How we concentrate. For example: when we do something like we study books or play games, we forget everything like we forgot 5min ago happened conversation. When I trace it I am not able to do it. 3. When we see anything like when we watch TV or use mobile we don't know about background or anything else happens in our front of eyes. These are the just 3 thoughts, I have lot of thought. Am I the only one who has such thoughts. These are spoiling my life, please help bcz I thinks that if other people know such things they are not able to live happily.
My eyes become yellow from my birth but I am not suffered from jaundice. Dr advised to take medicine (gardenal 60. But problem is same.
I want blue eyes so what should I do turn my eyes into blue colour What is the process What is the cost Or benefit and side effects also. Plz.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.