Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anwar UddinYour feedback matters!
I have a eczema inner thigh rashes over 8 months, for household treatment I can use aloevera, lobate gm but I didn't find that this is helpful to me. Please help me whether to continue these or something else.
I have so many crab type lice on my head from 4 years how to get release from those lice. Please help me by providing some good suggestions.
I have keloid. Can you suggest me some good and effective treatment for keloid so that it should not come again. It is below my neck and above my chest.
I have pimples marks on face and I have tried a lot of things. They vanish off when I'm applying it but they come back when I am not using any kind of medic or something. Please help I got a shoot coming up.
I have some white dots on my hand (skin) since 2years. May I know that is this a allergies, please say me the ointment for this. Thanking you.
My hair is so rough . When I cut it, they are soft and silly for someday but after 2-4 days they become rough and dry always. If I apply conditioner my hair start is so much falling. I am using only black sunsilk shampoo.
My neck is very darker than my face. It looks awkward to see. So please tell me any remedy to get rid of it.
Hi sir/madam, am 23 years old girl, I am working as account executive, I have medium curly hair. I have lots of hair fall and tanning on my hands. I consulted good doctor like batra for 2 years bt their is no results please help me for this. That's is why am not getting marriage. Please help me please.
Dandruff isn't just a social embarrassment, but may also give you certain pointers about your general hair health as well. Let's look at some facts regarding dandruff and how it may affect the health of your hair.
Causes of dandruff
The cause for dandruff is usually stated to be a dry scalp, which is not entirely true. Dandruff could be caused by a host of reasons and rather than being a problem, it could be a symptom of other problems with hair health. Let's look at some of the causes:
- Yeast problems on your scalp: If you suffer from extreme dandruff problems during the winter months, it is likely that it is due to the buildup of yeast on your head. Yeast may build up during the winter months and it usually gets resolved when temperatures rise during the summer months.
- Not maintaining your hair regularly: This may come as a surprising element as brushing helps in removing dandruff from your scalp. If you have short hair and don't brush your hair regularly, chances of getting dandruff increase more so. Shampooing also has a similar effect and thus if you don't keep your hair clean, it might end up causing more dandruff.
- Conditions such as Seborrheic dermatitis or other diseases: Dandruff may well be a manifestation of symptoms for other health problems within your body. For example, Seborrheic dermatitis is a condition which may cause your scalp to be irritated and oily and in turn, cause more dandruff. It could also mean you have a Malassezia problem. Malassezia is a fungus that naturally lives in our hair and feeds on the oil, but an overgrowth of these might result in dandruff as well.
- Lifestyle issues such as diet and stress: If you follow a poor diet, mostly consisting of junk and fried foods, and also have a lot of stress, then it may lead to dandruff. In such cases, topical medications or treatments might not work. You will need to correct it by making changes in your lifestyle, one of them following a healthy diet
In all of these cases, it is not just a specific problem, but a symptom of a larger problem that needs to be resolved. Treating the underlying problems will ensure that dandruff goes away too.
What are the issues by which it tends to cure acne? Please say me all those factors that I can prohibit them.
I am getting boils from last one year in underarm and groin area. Have tried antibiotics and now after getting boils I apply bactroban. I even got operated on the same. And still boils come back. Any ideas as to why? And what should I do? Whom should I consult?
I am facing problem with my hair. Day by day it become more weak and unhealthy. I loose my hair too. What should I do?
‘Hives’ or ‘urticaria’ can be defined as an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps on the skin surface. This happens because of the body’s response to involuntary histamine release by the skin’s blood vessels (which in turn, cause a leakage of blood plasma). The infection generally lasts for about 5-6 weeks, varying significantly in sizes and shapes. Although it is not a serious medical condition, hives can posit considerable discomfort to the affected person (coupled with severe itching and a constant burning sensation near the spot).
Although the exact reason behind the development of this condition is still unknown, researchers suggest that there are some factors that initiate the disorder.
- Hives can occur as a result of insect or parasite bites.
- In some cases, this disorder might occur as a side effect of painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Excessive intake of alcohol or foods rich in proteins such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate, berries etc. might also cause hives.
- Excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun or high levels of stress can also result in hives.
- Also, suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders might drastically aggravate chances of chronic hives as well.
- Development of numerous reddish welts around the face or the arms along with a severe itchy sensation, recurrent feeling of tightness around the chest and constant dizziness.
- Oral inflammation
If not treated immediately after diagnosis, this disorder might cause life- threatening allergic reactions such as Anaphylaxis (a condition which narrows down the bronchial tubes and causes significant breathing troubles) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
The homeopathic preparations useful for treating hives have been mentioned below:
- Apis mellifica: This medication works best for a case of hives that has resulted from insect or parasite bites. Other symptoms that are taken care of by this medication include severe itching and a stinging sensation that worsens at night or with exposure to cold, coupled with mild fever.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure hives that include symptoms of a burning sensation, abnormal swelling, and constant restlessness.
- Ichthyolum and Astacus: This preparation is effective to cure chronic hives caused due to serious medical conditions such as uric acid, tuberculosis, or excessive alcohol consumption. People suffering from this particular type exhibit symptoms such as a large appetite, irritability, and a constant itchiness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.