Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anurag Mahajan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag MahajanYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.