Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag GargYour feedback matters!
I am getting sever head ache and eye pain by seeing bright lights and noise. I am unable read properly and concentrate even please suggest me a remedy.
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I have pain on my stomach what can I do while I have taken the treatment but not well in my stomach pain.
Hi Sir, I have small hole in my ear drum last around 30 days. But it not heal yet. My am 27 year old. How long time to take heal it. Please suggest me. And what take for fast healing. I am very depressed about it. Please help me. Thanks.
I am suffering from diarrhea for last three months. Had three sets if antibiotics but to no avail. Noe I just hope it gets better with Pranayam an yoga. Is that ok.
May I know how to know the fever and how to diagnose the malaria and typhoid and other diseases and also know how to uae the medication for liise motions and?
I am suffering from cough. And due to change in the season it gets very serious and it pain alot also.
Hi, I have been suffering from constant itching in groin area (on left and right side of the penis, nearby testicles). Have used talcum powder and coconut oil as I thought it is because of dryness. Please suggest.
Since few months, I have a feeling of something stuck in my throat. There is no pain but just a discomfort. please let me know the problem.
My penis is small thin nd band could I get I get a permanent solution to make my penis big thick nd straight. Wat is the medicine for it.
1. Yoga acts on muscles and sucks in glucose.
2. It improves muscle coordination.
3. It leads to reduction of weight.
4. It helps to de-stress.
5. It tones up heart muscle.
6. Sleep rhythm may improve.
I am suffering from constipation since five years. Many Doctors treated me but they all are unsuccessful. Please help me if you can.
While having sexual contact. While we do not use condom. The sperm while enter the body it will make pregnancy. So here is my question. Any medicine is their to kill sperm 100% with out using condoms.
My hair is falling in huge amount everyday. Hair of my head is too weak. It's root is gone dry. When I putting the hand on my head, too many hairs come along with my hand. So give me the solution. 60%hair gone lost.
Hi I am suffer from dysentery (loose motion ).It hurts me 2 days. Give me some tablets to cure and also home remedies.
I am naveen, 22 yr. I have been taking food good. And digestion is also good. But my Excreta will not come in the proper timings like morning. I have been taking 6lt of water per day. After brush I must take one glass of water. How can I over come this?
How can I get treated for psoriasis which is in early stage? What are the preventive measures to be taken to reduce this disease?
HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a type of immune disorder which attacks the immune system of the body and slowly destroys it overtime. The HIV virus targets the immune system and makes the body susceptible to other diseases. HIV infection can progress to AIDS although it may take up to 10 or 12 years to fully go into the last stage.
Risks and Causes
HIV is a communicable disease which spreads through only the following methods
- It can spread from one person to another by means of unprotected sexual intercourse due to the exchange of bodily fluids.
- The virus spreads if you share drug needles with someone who is already contaminated with HIV virus. It can also occur due to improperly trained medical staff that may reuse syringes although this is very uncommon.
- The HIV virus transmits from the mother to the child during pregnancy through the placenta.
- Any exchange of blood in significant amounts such as blood transfusion from a contaminated patient will result in infection as well although this is very rare.
Any other form of contracting the disease such as through kissing or food is a untrue and only propagates due to ignorance.
The initial symptoms of HIV infection are noticed after a few weeks although it can take a few months to come up as well. The initial symptoms may include
1. Severe headache along with intense pain in the muscles and the joints of the body.
2. Frequent appearances of rashes
3. inflation of the lymph nodes
4. Itchy skin
5. Disorders which stay for sustained periods such as an upset stomach or a cold.
The early symptoms disappear within 2 to 3 weeks without any treatment. The later symptoms might appear after few years (sometimes up to or more than a decade), which will stay. This is usually the time HIV is diagnosed. The symptoms now may also include
1. severe muscle fatigue
2. severe loss in body weight,
3. High fever and recurrent instances of sweating at the night time.
HIV is suspected if the later symptoms tend to last for a long time without any other diagnosable cause.
HIV can be treated by means of antiretroviral therapy which reduces the rate at which the virus multiplies. However, there is no cure for HIV as of yet.
In order to prevent yourself from getting HIV, you should adopt the following precautionary measures:
1. You should use protection every time when engaging in sexual intercourse and if you are unsure of your partner’s HIV status.
2. You should use new blades in barbershops for shaving purposes in order to prevent yourself from HIV as well
3. If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS while you are pregnant, to prevent spreading it to your unborn baby, you might immediately need undergo a medical check-up and follow the doctor’s advice.
4. Ensure that disposable syringes are used whenever they are being use for medical tests or treatments.