Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anurag Dhawan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag DhawanYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old person but still facing lots of acne problems on my face. Also having black patches (tanning) due to very sensitive skin and sun exposure. I am having small dark spots developed on my both the hands call LP. How can I get rid of these problems.
Hi my name Mandeep am 25 year old I have skin problem like dark spot (kali chahiye) on the face I have used many types medicins but after some time return back so I don't have permanent solution so I want to know about how I can get clean face.
Can hydroquinone exfoliate skin layers and I heard it removes outermost layer permanently o using 2% for 1 year on and off and can it reach dermis and can flow through blood in our body?
I am of 15 years and my face is filled with lots of dark patches and its getting darker from the neck portion without facing much sun exposure! Even if I use effective home remedies I am not getting rid of this. What should I do?
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
I have an oily skin and pimples on my face especially at the cheeks. Most likely the pimples are filled with white sebum. I haven't started any treatments yet. So please give me an adequate advice to get rid of this problem. Should I consult a skin specialist?
Sir. A Dog bite me before 10-12 Years ago and I was not take any Prevention Injection that time. Only treat by Desi Treatment like Salt Chilly and Oil. So now should I take any Treatment for Prevention.
Hi I have stretch marks on my breast, knees and inner part of legs. I am unmarried 27 years old girl and want to get rid of stretch marks. These marks are not much dark but these are visible. Please suggest medicine or cream to remove these marks. I m going to get married and want these get removed soon.
I have use a razor for clean my face hair. But next day some rough dark spots occur around my mouth. Today I use best hyperpigmentation cream, it will less my scar but not completely and today that cream will not effect on my skin. What can I do?
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin. So let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.