Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag DhawanYour feedback matters!
Prostate is enlarged in size, interfaces are clear. No calculus or any focal SOL is seen. Prostate gland measures : 4.0 CMS * 3.6 CMS* 3.3 CMS. Prostatic wt - 25 gms. What to do. It can be diagnosed by medicine. Or not . Please help.
What is the remedy if the prostate glans got enlarged and galbladder stone of 20mm in urine bladder?
I have gone some laser treatment to get rid of my acne because of that I get black color in my face, it was for past 3 years, what treatment is needed to get rid of this black color and also having black head and eye circle.
Hallow sir, I have got blemish on my face when I was 14 year nd nw im 29 year. Still its does not went out. I used to apply betnovate N every night and its help me lil bit. Can you suggest me what should I do?
Hi. I am 47 years old female. After typhoid Twice 5 years bk I got butterfly patch (dark back pigmentation) on my face which looks very ugly. Tried many things. Any remedy for that in homeopathy or ayurveda.
I am 22 years old boy. On my nose there is some black spot since 2-3 months. What can I do to remove this ?
I have always had clear skin and never really experienced break outs during teenage as well. I am now 24 years old, and have noticed these white bumps on certain areas of my face. There are a lot of them around the eyebrows, high cheeks, side burns etc. Along with this, I am experiencing some itching and red bumps too. What could the cause of this be?
Sir I want to ask you that over a few years ago I was infected by chicken pox so by this infection I got some scars on my face. So can you tell me that how to remove that scars?
Hi lybra I want to know something about bright the skin both face and body I some pimples mark on my face and want to clear it im using melacare cream as night pls suggest me a cream for bright clean and smooth skin thank you m.
I got stretch marks in my thigh. Which look dark red in colour. In starting it's colour is white. But after 6 mnth it became dark red. It is very clumsy. Suggest me any cream. Which remove it.
My latrine was not cleared for few days. And from two days it was bleeding with latrine. What should I do? I am very feared. Please give solution.
I am 26 male I have black skin can I get fair, have oily skin and used so many fairness product nothing worked yet.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma - Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
1. Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
2. Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
3. Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
4. Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
5. Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma - Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
1. Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
2. Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
3. Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
4. Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
5. Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.