Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anurag Chopra
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag ChopraYour feedback matters!
Making love during pregnancy is a safe bet and can be carried on till one’s water breaks. Studies in the past have shown that a normal pregnancy is not related to infections and miscarriages. It has also been established that sex during pregnancy is not related to premature birth. On the contrary, a good sex life during pregnancy helps to reduce mood swings and keeps a woman healthy and cheerful. Here are five facts that you should know about sex during pregnancy:
- Does sex harm the baby? The womb is protected by the thick muscles of the uterus and the amniotic sac. Furthermore, the cervix is safeguarded by the mucus plug. These ensure that the baby doesn’t get hurt while making love. In the midst of an orgasm, if you get a feeling that the baby is moving, it happens primarily because of the heart pounding faster. This being said, you might have to skip sex in the following cases:
- You have placenta praevia
- You start bleeding
- Your water breaks
- You suffer from cramps and pain in the abdomen
- Your partner is suffering from genital herpes
- How does sex feel during pregnancy? While an increased flow of blood in the pelvic region heightens the lovemaking experience for many, some complain that it leaves them with a bad feeling. There is yet another segment of women who complaints of a less powerful orgasm during pregnancy. At times pregnant women might feel pain if the penetration is deep. Even abdominal cramps are not uncommon during this condition. To sum up, the feeling of sex greatly varies from individual to individual.
- Is a complete lack of sex normal during pregnancy? Yes, it is absolutely normal. Many women suffer from nausea and tiredness during the first three months of pregnancy, limiting their urge for sex. At times pregnancy hormones become responsible for the libido. But, mostly it is the state of mind of an individual that becomes a barrier. Women suffering from relationship issues are the ones who suffer from a lack of sex.
- Does your husband’s libido suffer too? It is not uncommon, to say the least. Some of the common apprehension that a male partner suffers from include the following:
- Fear of hurting the wife
- Apprehension about the baby’s health
- The consciousness of making love in the child’s presence
- Apprehensions about upcoming parenthood
- Is there any risk involved in oral sex? Absolutely none, oral sex is considered to be one of the safest of sex options during pregnancy. If the fear of hurting the wife looms large, it is the best way to express one’s love. However, it should be ensured that your husband does not blow air in the vagina. This might lead to blood vessel blockage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.