Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuradha Kapur
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha KapurYour feedback matters!
In modern time, dry eye has become a major ophthalmic problem. Itching, grittiness, watering, foreign body sensations, discharge and at times blurred vision can be the symptoms of dry eyes. Such patients feel relief when they wash their eyes with water.
The condition can be diagnosed by the symptoms or by shirmer test. Even those who use computer get "computer vision syndrome" which is due to dry eyes. Post lasik or after any eye surgery, patient can have dry eyes. Most of the women at menopausal age get dry eyes. The incidence of dry eyes increases with age.
You must consult an ophthalmologist if you have any of these complaints.
I have frequent eye allergies. My doctor suggested FML eye drops. I have used them. Any other eye drops that would work.
Please suggest me what to do. My eyes vision is getting blurred day by day and I wear a spectacle of - 1.5 in both eyes. Can anyone please suggest me what to do naturally to improve vision? 1) Suggest me what to do or eat? 2) Suggest me what not to do or eat?
Hello sir. My age is just 22 but I have a lot of pimples on my face. And also there is some black spots below my eyes. Please provide me a proper solutions to avoid. This.
I have to work in front of computer for long hours. How can I keep my eyesight healthy. Any exercise or food. Please suggest me.
My eyesight no. Changes very frequently in 2 months approx. I have tries all the exercises required. But the problem is still there. What should I do.
I have eye sight problem. How can I regain 6/6 eye sight? Can I do exercise and please recommend treatment or medication. My eyes start paining. Nd water pour out continuously sometimes. please help.
My right eye one optic nerve is damaged & i have lost my half crescent vision from lower side what is the solution DRS said that they can't get operate it. & I am having sugar levels from 180--230 fluctuations &i am 53 years old.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.