Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I have a fibroadenoma in my left breast since 22 months as I am lactating mother of 22 month old. How should it be treated.
Five disease women need to worry ---
1 heart disease
2 cervical cancer
3 anemia malnutrition
Hi. I am 23 year female. I had a laparoscopic surgery for the removal of a paraovarian cyst. The surgeon only removed the cyst. The cyst was sent for histopathology. I am very scared. Please tell me what is histopathology and it's use? Can the cyst will be malignant. Please help.
I have a periods problem since one month it didn't stop. I feel very bad. In my home vegetables are less use we use heavy non veg. I have so much mental tension. In small matters also I feel tense please give me solution to stop my periods.
Hi all, from last 4-5 days suffering with tremendous pain on my right side back, abdomen even pain is till knees. So went to doc n she suggested me to take scanning. It was ovarian cyst which is far from ovary. Actually a year ago also I suffered with same type of issue. Last time size is 6 cm n this time size is 5 cm. We are planning for kids. This ovarian cyst makes any major problem. Please guide.
At the age of 40 I get menopause is that worried can you give me some guidance. I always grumpy don't feel do sex sometime my husband get angry I don't know what to do is there any medicine to get back the period isn't too early to get manoposs?
The food you eat affects your physical and mental health. In short, it powers your life. Thus, it is pretty clear that to have a perfect and healthy life, consumption of good and appropriate diet is a must. Without a well-balanced diet, you become prone to a number of diseases, leading to an unhappy and unfit life.
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha
In order to lead a happy, successful and cheerful life, it is important to have a good health. Only a healthy person can think out of the box and do great work. Several researches have been conducted and all produced similar outputs that the first step to healthy life is a healthy diet plan.
Similar to your favorite racing car, which needs the right fuel and regular maintenance to stay ahead of others, your body too ask for right food and healthy habits like daily exercises and proper hygiene to work properly. Remember, adding the wrong fuel or not taking proper care of the car will affect the car?s power and performance adversely. In the same way, lack of healthy diet will weaken your body's immune.
The other major benefits of consuming a healthy diet are:
? It controls your body weight
? It improves your mood
? It keeps you fresh and active
? It boosts your energy level
? It combats minor and major diseases
?and the list continues. In short, it is clear that having a healthy diet is something you cannot escape from. Now, you must be thinking what to add and what not to maintain an appropriate diet plan. Well, the answer to this question is listed in the essential tips given below:
1. Minimize the amount of saturated and Trans fats: If you are looking for a healthy diet, make sure to cut down on the intake of saturated fats and say a ?no? to the trans fats. The reason being, both enhance the level of cholesterol, which further leads to heart attack and stroke. Therefore, you should:
? Stop consuming the high levels of saturated fats like potato chips and other packaged cookies.
? Reduce solid fats from your diet like butter, margarine and many others.
? Become a label-savvy. Do keep a check on the food labels of the prepared foods available in the market.
? Be a smart buyer and bring home rich food items such as fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and seeds.
2. Add fiber-rich foods to foster heart health: The main role of fiber is to prevent heart disease. Along this, it lowers both blood pressure and cholesterol. Therefore, it is necessary to have fiber rich food in your diet. Basically, there are two varieties of fiber:
? Insoluble: For this, add wheat cereals, whole grains, and vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc. to your diet.
? Soluble: Having food items such as beans, nuts, barley, oatmeal, and fruits (apples, citrus fruits, berries, and pears) increase the level of soluble fibers in your body.
3. Control portion size and weight: It has been found that the heart of an over weighing person needs to work harder, which further leads to high blood pressure. Hence, in order to maintain your blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart diseases, it is important to achieve a healthy body weight. For this, reduction in the portion sizes can benefit you significantly. Although, you need a professional guidance, yet to start with, the following tactics can help you to control your portion sizes:
? Diverse serving sizes- It incorporates serving a specific amount of food, i.e. with proper measurements. It can be in cups, ounces, spoons or pieces and it differs for every food item. For example, the recommended size for pasta is � cup and similarly, for meat, fish, or chicken, it is 2 to 3 ounces
? Beware of the restaurant food : Whenever you go outside to have something, you need to be more careful. The reason is that the portions served in the restaurants are generally more than anyone needs. So, if you want to go, make sure you order an appetizer rather than an entr�e, share the entr�e with your friend, or just get the leftover food for your next day meal.
Next time you want to eat something, just remember it is healthy diet, which offer better control over the quality and length of your life! If you need more tips to stay fit and healthy you can consult Dt. Madhu Sharma.
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food.
However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
1. Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat up food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
2. High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
3. Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
4. Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
5. Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.
There are numerous ways to be healthy and happy. Eating right, exercising and leading a positive life are all methods that are easier said than done. While in theory we all know about these methods, in practice it all goes flying out of the window at the first sign of stress and fast paced urban living.
So, how can you make a conscious effort to be healthy and happy? Try our five sure shot ways, as follows:
- Water: Did you know that hydrating is the key to a long life because not only are you pumping essential fluids into your body, but you are also adding plenty of lubrication to your bones and joints. Cut out the sweetened drinks, carbonated beverages and caffeine to make way for water. For every 200 pounds, a person must drink at least 100 ounces of water in a single day.
- Rainbow Menu: Ensure that you take in all colours of food like red bell peppers, orange carrots, green spinach, yellow squash, and even more. Eating a dietary rainbow everyday can help in ensuring that you get all the essential nutrients that are packed in all these kinds of foods. All the minerals and nutrients can be extracted from these different types of food in order to ensure that your body remains healthy with a well-balanced diet.
- Rest: Get plenty of rest along with your dietary intake. A well-rested mind is a relatively stress free and happy mind. It is a scientifically proven fact that a balanced routine of rest, movement and food can help in keeping your mind in a balance of sorts. The rest factor is one that can be achieved with good nutrition and vice versa, as well. When you are taking good nutrition, your mind will be at rest and the quality of your rest will also help you in working up a normal appetite at the right time, throughout the day.
- Exercise: It is a well-known fact that movement of at least 20 minutes per day can help in avoiding an overly sedentary lifestyle which blocks the metabolism and leads to varied aches and pains due to inaction and lack of lubrication of the bones and joints. Exercise also helps in working up a healthy appetite.
- Small Meals: Eat five or six small meals in a day in order to ensure that the metabolism that works on time, and in an effective manner so that your food gets digested properly.
With these tips, you can ensure that you fall into a normal routine of eating, resting and exercising, which will in turn help you maintain a healthy and happy life.
My son is 2 yrs old . He is having my feed till now . Now i want him to feed not any more bt my breast are full of milk and if i dont feed him i feel sever pain in my breasts . Wt should i do ?
Hello Dr. my wife is in period from 7 days and tonight we have done sex we both enjoy but I was cum inside in vagina, so I am in tens what should I do, she is angry on me.
Why is my vagina tender? I am experiencing menstrual cramps but I have never had my vagina be tender or have a throbbing sensation in it. What is happening.
I am 25 years old female since I got married I am suffering from vaginal infection stomach ache. Backache and legs ache . I am not able to conceive also it as been since one years please help I also got operated taller bladder stone also. Please help in conceive my husband family is forcing me please help.
A healthy mind is responsible for a healthy and relaxed body and both are imperative for attaining better orgasms during intercourse. Orgasmic dysfunction, or inhibited sexual excitement, or simply anorgasmia, is a condition whereby, a woman fails to attain orgasms even when sexually aroused. This can prove to be a major sexual problem and is the cause of disputes and conflicts in a relationship because of the lack of sexual intimacy and satisfaction.
In order to be sexually excited, both mind and body are involved in a series of complex processes, which finally result in a peak sexual response. Thus, both need to be functioning well in order to stimulate an orgasm.
Causes that may lead to orgasmic dysfunction:
- Boredom or lack of interest in sexual indulgences
- Hormonal disorders or changes brought on by menopause
- Chronic illnesses that affect sexual interest
- Acquired negative attitudes (usually from childhood or adolescence) towards sex
- Previous traumatic experiences relating to rape or sexual abuse
- Certain prescription drugs like antidepressants
- Stress or high fatigue
- Medical conditions affecting the nervous system around the pelvis
- Medical conditions causing chronic pelvic pain
Symptoms of organic dysfunction may include:
- Inability to attain orgasms
- Taking longer than normal to reach an orgasm
- Not having satisfying orgasms
It is important to note that when treating problems associated with orgasmic dysfunction, you must maintain a healthy attitude towards sex, in addition to having sufficient knowledge pertaining to sexual stimulations and responses. Learning how to communicate and how to express your needs and desires clearly is another important step in the treatment of anorgasmia. Here are a few other ways to improve your sex life:
- Eat well and get enough rest
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol, drugs, or smoking
- Engage in Kegel exercises which involve tightening and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis
- Use birth control methods that both you and your partner agree to
- Engage in other sexual activities apart from sexual intercourse
- Educate yourself more about reaching orgasms by focusing on clitoral stimulation or directed masturbation
- Take up sexual counseling to learn helpful exercises
Related Tip: "5 Mind Reasons You're Might Not Be Getting An Orgasm"
Me and my gf had sex on 3 July . She had a Ipill within one day only but still no sign of period as her periods used to come on 21 only . Do we need to consult a doctor. After how many days normally pregnancy gets detected. Please hlep.
I had sex on sept 10 I took ipill after 2 days and my last menstrual cycle is 28th aug. after taking ipill we had sex everyday but I did not took ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnant. Because still I did not had my period.
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.