Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha AroraYour feedback matters!
My wife 11 weeks pregnant she is working staff nurse, last week she doing night shift duty (8 days). because of night duty she lost 2 kgs weight, and she start coughing from last one week. Any problem?
After tubal realisation how many percent will become pregnant after tubal reverse after tubactomy I have already 3 sons by cesarean.
I am a 31 years female .i m recently diagnosed with non functional adrenal adenoma rt with size 22*17 mm. I am taking thyronorm since 6 months. I went to my gone for longer days of menstruation for two months and was advised for whole abdomen ultrasound. I was suggested for ct n that was incidental finding. My menstrual irregularity is treated by novelon. Tb screening and endometrial biopsy negative. Please suggest me how this adenoma to be treated.
Hi I am 33 year old female I want to know that which is the safe time for sex without any percussion. If we r sex together without any percussion after one day of my monthly date that is safe or not please reply my question with full detail I want the right time for sex with out any percussions.
I have missed my mc period from last month and before this period was one or two days in a month. I feel tired and swelling on my legs specially left side.
Hello can you tell me how birth control pills work? And do I have to get prescription to get it in Nepal.
I am 29 years old. I had a miscarriage one year back. When doctor did ultrasound she said there is no heartbeat of baby. So I abort a baby. Its one year passed I am not able to conceive again. I consulted a gynae she gave me fertomid 50 but no output so she said now I should go for tubes test. Might be doctor who aborted has blocked the tubes. I am bit confused. What should I do now ?
My friend had unprotected sex 1 week before with her boyfriend. She got her periods on 19 April and she had sex on 13 April. She is concerned because the flow of her period is very light after 1 day. From second and third day it is very light. Is she pregnant? Should she consult a doctor or wait check by home pregnancy test.
I am from india, I wanna prepare my periods because I am in doubt about pregnancy. My next dates are in next 15-17 days. Is it right way. Please tell me in brief. Thank you.
Had miscarriage after 4 years of marriage since there is no heart beat for baby almost 6 months has gone trying for baby. PostDNC USG is normal without treatment got conceived and after 2 months got aborted. Is there any chances to get pregnant IUI done 3 times before becoming pregnant and it resulted in failure. Tube test done and there was no blocks. Doctor again asking to do IUI can I wait for some months.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?
I am 30 years old .I m pregnant with seven months .i have diabetes .I treated from many doctors they give m insulin but no result. My sugar is gain day by day its 400 today.
Is mandate a contraceptive pill? I am having a regular period but less flow so my doc gave me mandate 10 for 20 days .my LMP-6JULY 2017 .from 7 july I started taking tab. After 2 days of last dose I had brown spotting i.e on 28 29 july and even today I feel my vaginal area lil bit wet. My marriage date-6 march 2016. I had one misscarige 19 june16 (1.5 month) and dne on 22 june 2016. Doc please let me know what is this brown spotting ,is it because of mandate 10? And also I had unprotected sex with my husband. What is mandate meant for .please help.
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place.
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.