Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
When I use my righthand for cutting vegetables etc my side elbow pains considerably. What should I do.
I had head ache and back pain when I do any hard work physical work what should be the problem in me and I sometimes come vomit when I feel very tire.
While playing football I landed badly on my left knee and the mri reports said: 1. Tear in posterior horn of lateral meniscus 2. Mild joint effusions 3. Partial tear in anterior cruciate ligament and translation of tibia over femur 4. Marrow oedema in tibia and femur Can you please provide me with the possible treatment options for this? Can it heal up naturally? Please provide me with treatment options!
I am suffering from lower back pain from two years. Now pain only occurs when I do some heavy work for long time. But from few days there is pain in my back thighs. Is it because of back pain or something else and if ihe reason is back pain then what should I do. Back pain started while playing cricket a year ago.
I am suffering from sleeplessness what is the permanent solution for this. Due to less sleep I feel very aggression pain in all joints of my body.
I had polyarthralgia one month back and my esr was 73 and CRP was less than 2. Doctor prescribed me hydroxyquinine BD, defza 6twic ( now tappered to once daily) and mext 10 once weekly. I took hydroxyquinine and defza, but scared to take mext 10 bcse i red its bad side effects. Please suggest me that wether i should take this drug or not, i feel 90% improvement by taking above two drugs. Please tell is autoimmunable disease is very dangerous like cancer?
I have a pain in my Rt Upper arm, not in shoulder, for over 4 months now. Shown to Orthopaedic, I am told it is common now and goes away over time. Warm fomentation was advised. The pain was not continuous till about 2 weeks back but now it is constant. Any stretch is painful. Otherwise, the shoulder has free movement.
Hi My one relative is facing severe pain Dr. Examined and wrote some notation which I am giving here ---->> pain over lower back with radiation in both ll intermittent from two years cns power 5/5, bilateral ankle jerks absent, right l 5, s1 dermatomal hyposthesia, slr-r -60degree l-45 degree doctor adviced me for mri ls spine. Mri report is also available please suggest me.
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.