Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama KhannaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 20 year old we got married one year back while we have sex she does not any feeling what would be the problem.
I have a question for my period it is not regular my age is 22 I m unmarried my cycle is some time 32 day some time 40 day.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
If you wish to discuss about any specific joint or bone problem, you can consult a specilized orthopedist and ask a free question.
I am 19 years old and my boyfriend is 24 years old we both feel to do sex is it good for me to have sex.
What can b the best diet for post delivery lady. As I have delivered 9 days baby boy. I want to know what more important I should consume for my health and baby. As I have been confused with lot of traditional Indian myths.
There are certain glands in the vaginal walls and uterine cervix of a woman, which cleanse the vagina by producing a small amount of fluid. This clear or milky white coloured vaginal discharge is normal for a healthy woman if it doesn’t smell unpleasant. But if you observe that the colour, consistency, odour or amount of your vaginal discharge differs from usual, it may indicate an infection or a disease.
Here are 6 common factors behind abnormal vaginal discharge.
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a medical condition characterised by agray discharge, which has a lingering fish-like odour. Moreover, if you experience irritation and burning sensation in the vagina, which is increased by intercourse, it’s a strong indication of bacterial vaginosis.
2. Yeast Infection
It often happens that your vaginal area’s natural bacterial balance is disturbed due to certain factors such as use of antibiotics, decreased immunity, stress, uncontrolled diabetes or consumption of excessive sugary foods. This results in yeast overgrowth in the vagina, known as simply yeast infection or candidiasis. It’s characterised by a thick and whitish-grey discharge from the vagina.
Caused by the bacteria Neisseria Gonorrhoea, this sexually transmitted disease (STD) is an infection, which causes vaginal discharge of an intense odour. Other symptoms of this disease include feeling of pain while urinating, chills, fever and irregular discharge of menstrual fluids. If left untreated, gonorrhoea can transform into a pelvic inflammatory disease and can even lead to infertility.
4. Genital Herpes
Genital herpes, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that leads to formation of small watery blisters on the vaginal area, and causes irritation, itching and pain while having intercourse or urinating, may also be the cause of a vaginal discharge of watery texture.
5. Atrophic Vaginitis
After menopause, there’s a considerable decrease in oestrogen levels of the body along with the occurrence of changes in tissues of the vaginal cavity. This medical condition, known as atrophic vaginitis, can lead to a watery vaginal discharge, which can sometimes get bloody. Some other symptoms of this disease are vaginal inflammation and thinning or atrophy of tissues.
6. Infected IUD
In some situations, it may happen that the intrauterine device (IUD- a form of contraceptive) inserted in the body of a woman can get infected. This results in a purulent discharge (pus) from the vagina. Getting the IUD removed as soon as possible is the best thing to be done in this situation.
I am 31 weeks pregnant, i am taki ng tab.Methyldopa,250mg from my 20th week tid ,but still my b.P remains 140/90, no albumin in urine. Plz tel my pregnancy outcome
Hello, for the very first time I performed cunnilingus on my girlfriend last week. I kept doing it for 30 mins. We did not do intercourse. Is there chance I could get STI infection from just doing oral sex alone ?
My friend she had done marriage before 3 year back. But she is not pregnant .she is very upset. All the reports are good .can you suggest me anything its can be helpful for her.
Hi doc,i am 29 .i hv most of the time regular period, in some months 2-3 days late period. Now we hv planning for kid. That's why we r trying from feb 2017. Last month my period was 6 days late.
My wife is pregnant with 5 months and we want to visit this hospital for checkup. So I want to know that which day and what timing doctors are available for gynaecologist. Thank you.
Hi, This is regarding my sister, who is pregnant of 9 weeks. She has thyroid from past 15 years. She has two kids and 2 miscarriages. Now, she has TSH 14, so taking 125 mcg dose daily. Along with that doctor has given ecosprin 5 mg with folic acid tablets. Now, she is facing many health problems. She is not getting sound sleep. During sleeping she is getting different thoughts and waking up. She is getting her neck heavy and paining .She feels like gas is blowing out from her neck to head feeling hot. Is it a gastric trouble? Please help her.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
Running is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of exercise as it has a ton of benefits attached to it. For instance, running helps you in maintaining your body weight by cutting down that unwanted or extra body fat, and helps in keeping you slim and trim. It also aids in improving your metabolism. Regular exercising will keep you energised, and increase your stamina.
Before starting with this physical activity, there are certain things you should know about. These are:
- Be patient: Patience is key! Now, we all know that that nothing can change in a day. You won't notice any signs of improvement on the first day. So, the best thing to do is work out every single day with dedication, and you'll notice the results in a month or so.
- Be Comfortable: It is very necessary to feel comfortable before you start your exercise. If you are going to run with your high heels or slippers on, it's never going to work out. So, it is very important to dress in your most comfortable attire before you start running.
- Eat well: A healthy diet packed with all the essential nutrients is an absolute must if you plan to take up running as a regular exercise. Do not starve yourself at any cost or skip any meal. Running will take up a lot of your energy and a healthy diet is a must if you intend on being fit and strong.
- Drink lots of water: It is very essential to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Pro tip: Gulp down some water after your run, as we tend to lose water and minerals from our body in the form of sweat.
- Run with music on: Recent studies have proven that running with music on is the better alternative. Music helps us focus more on our goal and also helps us stay calm.
- Consistency: You have to be consistent in your workout and only then will you be able to notice a significant change in your health. Running at least once a day is recommended. Some people tend to run twice a day too, but that depends from person to person. Do not burden yourself too much. Running is an exhausting exercise and you should not force your body too much.
- Calm your body and mind: Running or jogging in the morning can have a positive impact on you as it reduces stress and keeps you calm and sound throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.