Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama KhannaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am married and trying to conceive from one year all our tests are normal and my problem is I get heavy hip pain before one week of my period whether it is normal but it unbearable whether it will affect my pregnancy.
When a persistent lack of sexual desire inhibits your life, causing personal distress, you may be diagnosed with 'Loss of Libido' or 'Hypoactive sexual desire'. Low levels of sexual interest, which characterize this condition, leads to failure in responding to sexual intimacy. However, disinterest in sex does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sexual dysfunction.
If your desire to have sex is less often than your partner's, it does not necessarily render you dysfunctional, as you might be at such particular stage in life where several factors may contribute to a lack of interest in sex such as stress, work pressure, trauma etc. However, a notable difference between you and your partner, known as desire discrepancy, can cause distress.
Although cases of hypoactive sexual desire vary from one to another, certain common signs are apparent. They are:
- Having little or no interest in any kind of sexual intimacies, counting self-stimulation
- Seldom or no sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being bothered by your own sexual inactivity
These symptoms can have several causes behind them. Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction, medications, diseases, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and fatigue are some of the causes behind this sexual disorder. Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also be responsible; although psychological problems like stress, anxiety, poor body image and low self-esteem, or a history of physical or sexual abuse chiefly cause hypoactive sexual desire disorder in affected patients.
The treating physician and sexual therapist need to consider all above points to identify the root cause of the issue and find a comprehensive stepwise approach is a consensus with his patient after counseling the patient and doing necessary investigation.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
Me and my gf did make out on 13th sept 2017. I did not had intercourse. Bt I rubbed my penis on her vagina from out side. I did not even cum outside her vagina. Bt she missed her dat which was on 17th sept. And she is Virgin. She is having pmsing but did not bleed. Is there any chance for her to get pregnant?
After periods with in 15 days I had sex 3 times is there any changes of getting pregnant. I have headache from yesterday and night I had vomiting to,am i pregnant.
What is ECMO?
Like dialysis for unfunctional kidney, Ecmo for unfunctional lung.
Ecmo stands for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. It is a method of giving oxygen for the body when icu pateint lungs and/or heart are not able to supply oxygen on their own.
Why ICU pateint put on ECMO?
Doctors place ICU patients on ECMO when patients are not able to supply oxygen to the body.
ICU patients’ lungs fail for a number of reasons including pneumonia, lung cancer, pulmonary edema, pulmonary embolism and COPD.
When a patient’s lungs fail, he/she first is intubated (breathing tube) and hooked up to a ventilator (breathing machine).
However, sometimes lungs are so damaged that providing oxygen through intubation is not enough.
This is when doctors turn to v-v ecmo.
A heart can fail for many reasons including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, bad valve disease, or worsening heart failure. When a heart fails, doctors try to fix the underlying problem. They may also start medications (called ionotropes) to help improve the pump function of the heart. If medications are not enough, doctors will turn to v-a ecmo.
How long can someone stay on ecmo?
That is a complicated question. Due to the risks of ecmo discussed above, doctors try to keep patients on ecmo for as short a time as possible. Often patient will be on ecmo for several days up to 1-2 weeks. Every day, several blood and imaging tests are done to determine if a patient is ready to come off ecmo. As the technology of ecmo improves, hopefully side effects will decrease and patients can remain on ecmo for longer periods of time.
What is the difference between ecmo and a ventilator (breathing machine)?
Both ecmo and a ventilator aim to provide oxygen to the body when the patient’s own lungs and breathing are failing. The ventilator assists the patient’s own lungs by pushing oxygen with pressure into the lungs. Ecmo instead provides oxygen directly via a catheter placed in a patient’s vein or artery. We almost always try oxygenating a patient with a ventilator first. However, when a patient’s lungs are too sick for this, we turn to ecmo to assist in providing oxygen to the body. V-v ecmo provides oxygen through a vein. This blood then has to travel to the heart and be pumped around the rest of the body through arteries. Therefore, with v-v ecmo or with a ventilator, a patient must have a well-functioning heart to get the oxygen pumped throughout the body. V-a ecmo has the additional advantage of pumping blood directly to arteries. This “by-passes” the heart and is therefore the method of ecmo we use when a patient’s heart is failing.
I AM 30. I AM PLANNING FOR A BABY FOR LAST 2 YEARS BUT NO SUCCESS. FOR LAST 1 YEAR MY BLEEDING REDUCED FROM 4 DAYS TO 2 AND HALF DAYS. Flow is also not regular during these 2 and half days. WHAT IS THE REASON AND ANYTHING PROBLEMATIC?
Aged 73 years, is a retired male living in Madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having the problem of passing urine.I am passing urine very little in day time and lot during nights. I have to getup every one and half or 2 hours. It disrups my sleep very much. I do not experience any pain whie pssing urine or otherwise.I will be glad to have your valuable adivise in this matter.
I am a 20 year old girl. I am having PCOD since last 2 years. I am fed-up of consuming the medicines every time and just want to get rid of this disease. Kindly suggest a permanent solution.
I had c section 3 months before. I want to loose weigh nd return to pre pregnancy shape. Kindly suggest what to do.
Is there any chances of pregnancy" if I release my sperm inside her" after 17 days of periodic cycle. Kindly rply me as soon as possible.
I was with a female escort on 07.06.2017 and had a vaginal and oral intercourse, both for the first time. The very next day I consulted a doctor online and asked for any issue of STI and he recommended Cap DOXYCYCLINE, 100 mg for 2 weeks at bedtime. I took the medicine for the said time skipping 1-2 times. Today is 03.07.2017 and for the last two days I have noticed a burning sensation in urination and increased number and urgency in urination. I doubt Gonorrhea. What shall I do ?plz help.
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My gf is 19 years old she is 2 weeks pregnant we can't consult to anyone we don't want pregnancy can anyone please help us.
Almost all women with the ability to reproduce develop ovarian cysts at some point or the other but not all of them suffer from PCOS or have infertility issues. PCOS affects only around 10% of women of reproductive age. It is important to note the PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome does not cause cysts but leads to the development of follicles. This causes a hormonal imbalance. The results of this hormonal imbalance can be noted in many ways including infertility.
- Infertility can be described as the inability to conceive and reach full term despite having unprotected intercourse at the right time of a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year. One of the main ways in which PCOS interferes with fertility is by disturbing the natural ovulation cycle. Normally, a woman ovulates once a month. At this time an egg is released by either one of the ovaries. As a result of PCOS, these eggs are not released. This is because the ovaries of a woman suffering from PCOS are much larger than normal and have a number of small antral follicles that do not allow the egg to mature. Without an egg, sperm cells have nothing to fertilize and hence a woman cannot conceive. PCOS also causes irregular menstrual cycles. This makes it difficult to determine the period of ovulation.
- PCOS can be managed with medication but there is no cure for this condition. Thankfully, infertility caused by PCOS can be treated and these women can have healthy pregnancies. For this, you will need to consult a fertility specialist. There are two forms of medication to treat infertility caused by PCOS. Birth control pills, with a combination of synthetic estrogen and progestin, can help regulate the menstrual cycle. In some cases, a doctor may prescribe progestin-only pills. These pills need to be taken daily for two weeks for up to 2 months. Medication may also be prescribed to stimulate ovulation. This medication may be the form of pills or injections.
- Lifestyle changes can also help improve your fertility. For example, being overweight or obese can aggravate hormonal imbalances. With a healthy diet and regular exercise, you should be able to reduce your weight. This, in turn, can make menstrual cycles more regular. In addition, you should quit smoking, meditate and reduce your exposure to stress and pollution. This makes your body healthier and increases your chances of conceiving a baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is having a period cycle of 22 days normal? if not then what can be problem area? my thyroid is normal. I would like to have homeopath treatmnt
For thousands of years, breathing practices were believed to improve our health and wellness.
Modern research has shown that this is still the case: proper breathing can help us boost our immune system, lower blood pressure, accelerate healing and much more.You may be wondering: “why would I need to learn how to breathe? I was born breathing!”
Well, yes, apparently we were all breathing professionals as new-borns.
According to Don Campbell, author of Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath At A Time, we were born with a natural ability to breathe. If you ever watched a baby breath, he says, “you will notice that they inhale naturally and deeply and their stomachs expands like a balloon with each breath”.
Sadly, however, this ability doesn’t follow us for too long: modern life and its usual patterns such as stressful lifestyle and sedentary habits take over our natural ability to breathe slowly. Have you observed your breathing pattern when you are experiencing emotional overwhelm or everyday stress?
As stated in one of Harvard Medical School’s publications on breathing: “one reason may be that our culture often rewards us for stifling strong emotions. Girls and women are expected to rein in anger. Boys and men are exhorted not to cry. What happens when you hold back tears, stifle anger during a charged confrontation, tiptoe through a fearful situation, or try to keep pain at bay? Unconsciously, you hold your breath or breathe irregularly.”
Breathing can help us relax and gain focus by getting rid of the tensions in our body.
That’s why ancient practices like yoga, meditation and Pilates are proven methods for your mind body health.
THE BENEFITS OF SLOW BREATHING
“When we go below 10 breaths a minute we engage the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps the body relax when it has been injured”, states Clinical Psychologist Dr. Meunch. Slow breathing, he continues: “activates the vagus nerve, the primary cranial nerve, which is associated with a recuperative state.”
The benefits of breathing don’t stop here though.
Slow breathing has been proved to regulate high blood pressure, which is one of the main risk factors for strokes and heart attacks.
For this reason, different breathing devices have recently landed to the market, including Resporate. This device first monitors patient’s breaths per minute.
Then it plays musical notes so that the patient can breathe in on one note, and breathes out on another.
The slower the breath, the longer the note will play.
On top of physical benefits, breathing also affects our minds.
With deep inhalation we bring more oxygen into our bodies, with deep exhalation we are removing toxins from our body. Simple yet fascinating process.
SO HOW DO WE BREATHE PROPERLY?
The air you breathe in through your nose should go all the way down to your stomach. Your breathing muscles consist of the diaphragm and muscles in your core, chest, neck and shoulders. For deep breath, 70-80% of the inhaling should be done by pushing your diaphragm away from your ribcage. In simple words, go back to being a baby and fill your belly and chest with oxygen!
Try this breathing exercise out. This can be executed anywhere, at your desk in the office, at home or when on public transportation:
1) Inhale deeply, for 2 seconds. When you do this, think of filling your lungs from the bottom to the top.
2) Hold for 1 second.
3) To help activate your diaphragm, exhale for 2 seconds, as it you were blowing out a candle.
4) Hold for another second.
Once you master this simple exercise, your body will remember this breathing technique and you will start to incorporate slow breathing into your daily activities.
I had a sex with girlfriend at that time she took a pill but she miss the period and period is came after 35 days its thick blood and also white, its a sign of pregnancy or not.
Do you feel your stomach bloat after meals? If you notice, this doesn't happen after every meal? Only at times. And at other times when you eat specific foods. Well, there are foods cause your stomach to bloat, so the wise thing to do is to know about them and avoid them!
Here are a few of the biggest criminals:
1. Cold drinks: Yes, these carbonated drinks have numerous side effects on your health. One of them is that they bloat your tummy. Beer happens to fall in this category too.
2. Dairy Products: For the lactose intolerant, dairy products are almost like poison. The intolerance can be mild, moderate of severe, but one of the symptoms is gas. You can try to limit your consumption of dairy products.
3. Apples: Apples and pears are known to contain a high percentage of fiber. While they are important for us and should be eaten, if is good to know that they can affect sensitive tummies. Eat bit by bit, and if it helps, peel the skin and then eat.
4. Few Vegies: While they are excellent health foods, asparagus, cabbage and broccoli are the vegetables which cause gas in the stomach, which in turn leads to bloating of the tummy.
5. Sodium: Sodium is also another reason for bloated tummies, so it is advised to limit salt intake.
6. Fast Foods: Fast foods like sausages, fried foods, ice cream, sweetened products , etc are known to cause the belly to bloat.
7. Rice Preparations: Rice is known to swell up inside the stomach once it gets water, hence making the stomach feel bloated.
8. Hard Drinks: Alcohol is also said to add weight near the stomach and make it feel bloated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.