Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnupamaYour feedback matters!
I am having burning sensation while peeing. This is happening to me from past 4 months. consulted the doctor so when I take medicine it stop and the day I stop infection occurs. Its on the vaginal end. Somebody suggested me to have a garlic in vagina should I do that?
My friend I suffering form period and her stomach is paining to much which precaution to bhe take at the time of period.
Am 23 years old and have irregular periods problem. Last period was on November 2016 .even I have thyroid problem.
I took abortion tablets in april 1st week we took this decision as we are not yet settled with a good job still I have bleeding and mild stomachache can I know the reason or treatment.?
I had sex with my bf on. 30th March. We had protected sex but my bf asked me to take pill for extra protection. I took pill on 31st march at around 11 am. I had period on 15th April. Much lighter than usual. I bled next day for sometime and then stopped. Again I bled today in the morn. Flow of period is not like usual. Is this implantation bleeding? Am I pregnant? Is. Thr any possibility of getting pregnant after all this? Or is it due to the pill? Pls help me.
We are trying our 2nd baby from last 5 month but yet my wife doesn't got pregnant .all the my sperm comes out from her when we have sex. Is this a problem? My wife is also overweight & having diabetes.
Had unprotected sex one day before my period. Got my period on time, should I take an I pill. Am I pregnant.
I am a breast feeding mother, shall I eat mangoes, Jack fruit etc. If yes, what are all the nutrients in it for my baby?
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
My wife was pregnant of 1 months but she has done abortion but now she is suffering from bleeding please advice him.
Hi, I am of 21 years unmarried girl, my regular days are from 21-27 of every month and I got my periods on 23rd sep which ended on 27th and on 28th sep I had sex without protection but within 72 hours I took that unwanted 72. On 5th and 6th of october I again had periods but this time it was brown blood. On 16th october I again had sec without protection but he ejaculated outside on that time I didn't took any medicine. Now its 7th november till now their is no sign of periods. And I did the test also today in the morning but the result was negative only one pink/purple line appeared in the box. Can the results be false? Or something else is the reason of not getting my periods on time? Pls answer.
How can one stabilize hormones to treat PCOS condition naturally . Rather than supplement with hormones for regularizing menstrual periods at the age of 14.
I am 29 years old. Before 6 month I aborted a baby due to no foetal cardiac pulsation. Now I was trying for a baby what are the precautions I have to do.
After maternity first time periods came and after that I felt so much bleeding and weakness so I wanted to ask is it normal or I need to visit doctor?
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal