Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
10th of the June 2016, we have lost our baby at 21 weeks. Because liquor has raptured , after keeping my wife for three days in hospital, they advised to go for procedure. They gave injections to cause labour, my wife delivered a baby, sadly baby is no more now, doctors also done cleaning. But after 15 days we went to a different doctor for routine check and she advised to have tvs ultrasound, now doctor says part of the placenta left inside. So my question is how we can make that part out. My wife is diabetic, just had D&C 20 days back. As my wife is insulin dependent. We are in great need of your precious advise. Kindly tell us what to do?
Is there a need to do semen analysis or check the health of reproductive system before planning a baby. What food we both should start for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
I just got my preconception tests done and it shows prolactin levels 51 AMH 0.891ng/ml and TSH 6.15. Please tell me can I conceive naturally?
Hello Dr. I was pregnant and got my thyroid tested. 1. T4 free FT4 - 0.76 ng/dL TSH 1.222 uIU/mL Started taking thyrowel on daily basis. Rechecked my TSH 1.52 uIU/ml Continued thyrowel till due date. After delivery I got it checked again 2. TT3 - 1.18 NG/ML TT4 - 8.98 UG/DL TSH - 1.64 UIU/ML so I stop taking thyrowel After 2 months in got my thyroid profile done. 3.T3 - 97 NG/DL T4 -5.1 UG/DL TSH - 2.61 UIU/ML I am a nursing mother. Should I start taking thyrowel again? Is it safe to take thyrowel while breastfeeding? Do I have to start thyronorm? What mg?
I am 26 years old but my breast size it not proper. When I attained puberty I founded a ball kind of thing in my right breast but with time it disappeared. But till now the size has not grown properly. Can you suggest me some remedy?
I use I pill after sex on but it is safe to use ipill once again after 20 days is there any problem or should I take another alternative to avoid pregnancy please suggest me what should I do it will be great full to you thanks.
She is not getting periods properly so doctor is enquiring about PCOD. I want to know what PCOD is and how it is related.
Man should never kiss or lick with tongue her wife vagina because it can cause infection. True or False. If I wanted to do so, how can I go for that without having infection. What had to be done by my wife for achieving above objectives.
I have a gynac related concern. I am having dark brown clotting discharge instead of normal periods. My period are due. I have same spotting in last week. I am worried now. Should I go to consult doctor immediately.
My friend is in live in relation ship with his girlfriend. He wants to do sex with her and she too. He is of 31/08/1994 and her d. O. B. Is 12/08/1995. He is worried if condom failed during sex or any kind of pregnancy issue occurred. Which type of condom is more reliable? She doesn't want to take any i-pills. What should be the correct time of their 1st sex. What may be pros and cons?
Miscarriage is termed as the loss of the fetus in or before 20th week of pregnancy. Medically, miscarriage is known as spontaneous abortion, though the word spontaneous is more of a keyword as it is not an abortion.
Symptoms of Miscarriage
Miscarriage happens due to weakness, back pain, fever, abdominal pain along with severe cramps and bleeding, which starts from slow to heavy.
Cause of Miscarriage
Common cause of miscarriage is when the fetus is known to have fatal genetic problems and these are not related with the mother. The other causes are infection, medical problems like thyroid and diabetes, immune system rejection, hormonal imbalance, abnormalities of the uterus, and physical problems of the mother. If a woman is over 35 years of age, has thyroid and diabetes and had an miscarriage earlier then that woman is at a high risk of getting a miscarriage.
Sometimes a miscarriage might take place due to the cervical insufficiency. This is due to the weak cervix, also known as the incompetent cervix, which is unable to hold the pregnancy. A miscarriage in this condition usually occurs in the second trimester. Though there are a very few symptoms in this, but there might be a feeling of sudden pressure that the water is going to break and tissues from the placenta and fetus are released without any pain. This can however, be treated by a stitch in the cervix at 12 weeks. This stitch helps to hold the cervix until the full term is completed. If it is first pregnancy and cervical insufficiency is diagnosed, then also a stitch can be applied, thus resulting in full term and avoiding miscarriage.
Diagnosis of Miscarriage:
- The doctor does a pelvic test, an ultrasound and blood tests to confirm a miscarriage
- Blood tests are done to analyze the pregnancy hormone hCG. This is monitored regularly if miscarriage is suspected
- Genetic tests, blood tests and medication are important in women who have a history of prior miscarriages
- Pelvic ultrasound and hysterosalpingography are tests, which are done when there are repeated miscarriages
- Test like hysteroscopy is also done. In this the doctor observes the inside of the uterus with a device, which is thin telescope like device. This is inserted in the vagina and cervix.
- If the cervix is dilated, then the woman might be diagnosed with an incompetent cervix and this can be corrected by cerclage, a procedure done to close the cervix.
- If the blood type of the pregnant woman is Rh negative, she is prescribed a blood product called Rh immune globulin (Rhogam). This prevents from forming, antibodies which could turn to be harmful for the baby.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.