Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam BhargavaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old have teeth and gum problems my gums are weak and bleeds and I have gap in front teeth.
Hi I'm diabetic since 20 yrs, it is seems to be under control, please diagnose my main problem asper Doctors advice I have GEOGRAPHY CAL TONGUE it was from last 15 yrs, All home, allopathy, ayurved.
Hi Sir, my daughter is one year old. She got one teeth on top and one in bottom. She has done back color at back side of upper teeth, it's not a hole. Pls let me know what should I have to use do. Is there any chance birth mole can be back side.
Hi, while spitting I could see some blood in that. I used to smoke before. But I stopped smoking before 2 years. While smoking I got twice. After stopping, 1 year I don't have any problems. But in the past 6 months I got it twice. I always don't have my breakfast. I used to have lots of cool drinks ice creams.
I am a 23 years student. I have a major problem in my teeth. What should I do. Prob is hole in my teeth.
I am 20 years old girl my teeth is burning I have so much pain I cont eat anything I shown a doctor he give me a tablet zerodol-p and he said to do cut or operation so please give me a suggestion.
Your teeth are the most underappreciated part of your body. If you don’t give them proper care, there is a very good chance that you will develop severe dental problems, the most common being tooth decay. Tooth decay is caused when the bacteria that are present in your mouth churn out more acid than is necessary, gradually eroding the teeth. The acids bore a hole in the tooth, causing cavity.
You might be suffering from tooth decay if you experience:
- Teeth discoloration
- Tooth infection
- Tooth loss
Causes of tooth decay
Tooth decay occurs when the bacteria that reside in your mouth start producing excessive acids which eventually erode the tooth.
How does it happen?
Your teeth have three protective layers: an outer layer called enamel, middle layer called dentin and an inner layer called pulp. The bacteria in the mouth along with acid and broken down food particles attack the tooth and erode it layer by layer. Tooth decay worsens as each layer is eroded.
Here are some common causes behind tooth decay:
- Poor oral hygiene i.e. not brushing or flossing your teeth regularly
- Eating foods that help bacteria grow, such as sugary foods and foods rich in carbohydrates
- Dry mouth refers to very little saliva in your mouth. Saliva helps countering the effects of the acids
How to prevent tooth decay
Most cases of tooth decay can be prevented by a healthy oral hygiene regime and having a balanced diet. Here are some steps you can take to prevent tooth decay:
- Regularly brush your teeth. Brush your teeth after each meal and especially before you go to sleep. Using a fluoride-rich toothpaste will help keep tooth decay at bay.
- The space between your teeth is where food particles get lodged. Keep them clean by flossing regularly.
- Make balanced diet a part of your life. Avoid food high on sugar or carbohydrates. Also, avoid eating too much sticky food, as it is more likely to cling to your teeth than anything else.
- Mouthwash regularly using a solution rich in fluoride. Fluoride has antiseptic properties that help kill the bacteria,
- Lastly, visit your dentist regularly for checkups
Tooth decay is one of the most common lifestyle-based problems. The right combination of dental hygiene and a balanced diet goes a long way in preventing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.