Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anuj GuptaYour feedback matters!
Previously I had pimples after using a cream. Now that I have got dark marks. How do I get clear scar free skin?
I am 35 years old and have few marks on my face and mole on my neck which seems to be growing is it cancerous. Can this mole be removed and how ?
Hi. I am getting skin tags. I had no problems as they were on body but now I am getting on face as well. Are there any remedies to cure naturally?
Dark tan had formed on my face and neck and hands, as these are parts that gets exposed to sun. What is the most effective ointment or cream to remove the tan or are there any effective home remedies.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
Sir from last few months I got some white circles behind my both eyes. It is like small white funsi andd these are around my eyes. Please tell me any medicine or tube. So that these white funsi can be gone. These are very small white funsi and a lot are grown behind my both eyes.
Wat should we do for getting clear and white skin of face, My skin is getting little blackish because of sun tan and cheeks are having black spots and pores.
I am suffering with over heat of body I think because blood is coming out of motion so what are the steps to be taken to overcome it?
I am a construction engineer and most of my time I am at site. Due to this my exposed body parts have tanned and there are dark patches on my forehead. Kindly suggest me something which I should do to clean previous marks and avoid anymore in future.
I am 32 years old fair in colour my problem is I have brown patch on both side of cheeks and become dry and it seems more darker in shadow I didn't used any kind of makeup on face in my life. I used Kojivit but not useful. Please help me sir it makes me very disappointed in my life.
Because of spending a huge time outside. My skin is becoming dark day by day due to sunburn. How can I recover it naturally.
In the era of information overload, the internet is filled with thousands of beauty advices, most of which tend to do you more harm than good. It is extremely essential to do a thorough and reliable research about the pros and cons of a beauty tip that you intend to utilize.
The following are some of the most common beauty myths that have been passed down through generations:
- Myth- Shaving makes your hair grow back thicker: You must have heard a number of times that shaving tends to make your hair grow back coarser, thicker and darker. Scientific evidence proves this notion as a myth; it states that shaving neither affects the rate of your hair thickness nor its growth. Hair shafts are often thicker than the hair ends, which makes them appear thicker.
- Myth- Toothpaste aids in getting rid of pimples: Applying toothpaste on pimples is among such beauty remedies that have been doing rounds for a long time. Application of toothpaste on a pimple tends to dry your skin and irritates it. Instead of using toothpaste on pimples, it is advisable to utilize medications, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and are designed to treat pimples.
- Myth- Trim you hair to make it grow faster: It is one of the most common beauty myths that everyone is aware of. Hair does not grow from its end; it grows from its root. The appearances of split ends arise due to severe hair damage, which slowly make its way towards the top of your hair. Trimming your hair on a regular basis gives your hair a healthier and fuller appearance, but it does not accelerate the rate of your hair growth.
- Myth- Cocoa butter helps in preventing stretch marks: Another widespread beauty tip, which is unfortunately a myth is that application of cocoa butter on a pregnant woman's belly throughout the course of her pregnancy will prevent the appearance of stretch marks. According to research, cocoa butter has no role in the prevention or control of stretch marks' appearance.
- Myth- Is it possible to shrink your skin pores: No matter how much you scrub or cleanse your skin; it is not possible to shrink your pores. In fact, you cannot close or open pores even if you want to. In order to give your pores a more refined look, use cleaning devices while cleansing your pores.
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.