Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anubhuti KohliYour feedback matters!
I am 65 year working male. For 4 year I have suffering by speech disorder. Neuro physician diagnosed my problem as dementia but allopathic medicine not give relief. Is any treatment in ayurveda?
My son is 2 years and 6 month old, he is very active, he can says words, identify color, since then he can't speak in sentence form. Could you suggest any ideas to speak as ours.
I am suffering from stammering for almost 9 yrs. I used to get stuck in the mid of sentence and cant speak fluently. How can I treat this?
I feel pain in my throat and at the time of cold environment I feel more pain and my voice become very heavy please suggest me what to do because its unbearable.
He thinks his voice is like a female. Any one recognize him as female over the phone and he has mind set of being female personality's in his body. He is not depressed about this. And avoiding marriage as marriage has no sense to him.
I had an severe road accident on 27th February 2016. After the accident I was admitted in the hospital for 8 days. My all wounds were sutured by surgeon. At that time I was not being able to speak at all. My voice was not clear at all. Doctors said I have swelling in my throat as I had deep cut on my neck. Now it's been more than two month and my voice is still not sound proper. I can't speak loud. I can't talk too much. I can't talk on public place as my voice is so soft. Doctors what do I do.
How to cure stammering? I do not have speech therapist, psychologist in my vicinity. Suggest some proven ways to cure stammering?
Hi To All, I am suffering from stammering and dry mouth any medicine to cure or I shall take Brain MRI scan for best results please I want to your guidance and in other aspects I am fine.in internet I search for stammering it shows Vasa syrup is it good to use. I hope I will get reply from best doctors here. Thanks in Advance.
I, currently have a problem in fluent speaking due to the development of hard and bubbly emergent rashes (sort of huddles like) on the throat surface, inside. The touch exactly feels like the inner surface of a corroded metal pipe. It turns out to be like I feel etching, dryness and lack of control and coordination while speaking. It makes me put a lot of effort to initiate the words of sentences for to be fluent. So please do let me know some instant corrective measures regarding this. Thank you.
Hi, I want to ask that is there any pills or drugs treatment for stammering. My brother try many suggestion but he has no change in stammering. Please suggest some. Thanks.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.