Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anubha SinghYour feedback matters!
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"
I am thinking of planning a kid within 3 months do I need to take any medications for healthy baby as I was diagnosed for thyroid early so any precautions or dos and donts.
I oral sex today with my gf at that time I masturbate for 4 time and at 5th time I masturbate and some sperms water is dropped on her vagina we do not want to get her pregnant and her periods date is having 20 days soon we want to know now is there any chance of pregnancy or not please suggest.
Hi, While having sex in a short period it is of 3 min it is leaking.Please tell me why it is happening.
The immune system is what gets you going. It protects an individual from various harmful pathogenic and microscopic (bacteria, virus, fungi) organisms. The immunity can be of two types- Innate and Acquired (Adaptive). The Innate immunity is the one that is present in a person from birth. The Adaptive immunity, on the other hand, is the immunity that a person develops over their lifetime. While some people are born with a strong immune system, others have to work towards developing one. The following tips and lifestyle practices can go a long way to give your immune system a much-needed boost:
A dietary immunological boost: Your immunity may be directly related to the food you need. Some foods are like a tonic for your immune system. Fruits and vegetables can do your immune system a world of good. Citrus fruits (orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerines), Berries (particularly blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries), kiwi, and papaya are powerful immune boosters. The vegetables such carrots, broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes, onion, red bell peppers are extremely healthy, especially for your immune system. Garlic (Allium sativum), Turmeric (Curcuma longa), and Ginger (Zingiber officinale) are known for their medical values. These three spices can bring about a significant improvement in people with a weak immune system. Almonds, yogurt, mushrooms (shiitake), and flaxseeds can also work wonders for your immune system.
All work and no sleep: A sound sleep and proper rest can work miracles, especially for your immune system. Stress, anxiety, and fatigue are known to have a negative effect on the health. More than often, they trigger a hormonal imbalance that can wreak havoc, weakening the immune system. No matter how busy you are, never compromise on your sleep. Follow a healthy sleep cycle. An early to bed and early to rise is what should be your motto. Make sure that you sleep for 6-8 hours daily.
Reduce the stress: Exercise and physical activities can contribute significantly to building your immune system. Meditation is a not only a good stress buster but also a great immune booster, increasing the body's resistance to various bacterial and viral diseases and infections. The health benefits of exercise require no special mention. Like meditation, it also helps to increase the immunity by lowering the level of stress hormones in the body. Spending quality time with your family or loved ones, staying cheerful and positive can also help to reduce the stress to a great extent. In the case of professional stress, you can take short breaks or go on vacations to rejuvenate yourself. The lower the stress, the stronger is the immunity.
Lifestyle habits: The unhealthy lifestyle habits such as drinking and smoking (often unlimited) can spell doom for the immune system and are best left avoided if you want to enjoy a healthy immune system.
Also, drinking green tea regularly will go a long way in improving your immune system. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Consuming ginger substitutes like ginger biscuits, ginger beer or ginger lollies helps in settling a queasy tummy during pregnancy.
Maine 3 march ko dimpa enjection liya tha uske baad mujhe 3 month menses m bhut km bleeding hui. Then 15 june ko maibe i-pills li uske baad mujhe 23 june ko heavy periods hua pure 5 days then uske baad fr 1july ko thodi bleeding hui then 10 july se fr period s start ho gye .aisa q ho rha h .ya fr pills ki wajh se .
It is no longer a surprise that instant noodles have gained worldwide recognition as amongst the most popular snack items available in the market. Besides, it being effortlessly simple and easy to cook, instant noodles take no longer than two minutes to be prepared, is adequate for both kids as well as adults, and, needless to say, tastes delicious. Despite the entire controversy raised over the prohibition of the sale of instant products, and the subsequent lifting of the ban, instant products are still available in the market and include a whole roster of nutritional benefits.
However, instant is still criticized as unhealthy and is generally considered to be junk food. As part of the manufacturing process, instant noodles are fried, thereby, resulting in high amounts of saturated fat. This factor, along with the presence of high levels of sodium and relatively low amounts of vitamins, fiber and minerals, together create the need for healthier and more nutritional alternatives to instant noodles. Here are nine healthier substitutes for instant you can try:
1. Dried fruits
Dried fruits such as raisins or figs are good and healthy substitutes for instant noodles. Besides having a host of healthier nutritional benefits, a good serving of dried fruits can also fill you up and are available pretty easily.
2. Wheat flour cookies
Wheat flour cookies, in contrast to normal cookies made of fine flour, are filling and prove to be a good alternative to instant noodles.
Besides being easily available, peanuts are a good source of vitamin and protein and are helpful in fighting off malnutrition.
4. Atta noodles
They provide a similar kind of satisfaction as that of instant noodles, besides being easier to digest and good for your health.
Cutlets, of any kind and variety are filling, and not to mention are equally delicious.
6. Roasted chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas can be easily carried around anywhere, and are a good form of snack to munch on.
7. Potato edibles
Potato edibles have always been a good pastime. French fries can be considered a way healthier alternative to instant noodles.
8. Homemade potato chips
Homemade potato chips are very healthy and can also do the trick.
9. Dark chocolate
Besides, being one of the best mood enhancers because of the presence of high levels of Magnesium, dark chocolate is also very rich in Zinc, which is responsible for improving one's skin tone.
Hello Dr. I am soumya and i am 9 months pregnant my baby bump is low and want to know the gender of my baby. Hbr is 140 at 12 weeks and it is 157 in 6 months scan and in 8th month scan it is 137. Now it is at 142. Baby is in anterior upper segment grade 3. With these may I know the gender of my baby. And I have scan reports also. If we cannot measure the gender with these information. What info is necessary. Thank you.
I am 35 & had a endometrioma cyst in right ovary & I had a cystectomy in Nov 2017, they also found endometriosis in my ovaries, tubes are NOT BLOCKED. I have been on endoreg 4 mg since Oct 2017 & dose increased to 8 mg daily since dec 2017 & to be continued till feb 2018. Now my skin has become extremely dry & I have started having fine lines. 2 questions: 1. Will my skin become normal after stopping the endoreg? 2. Will I be able to conceive naturally after stopping the medicine? (We do not have any children yet)
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
Planning a baby 1
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.
I have ovarian cyst in left. Cyst size 4.3?4.2. 1 year ago I know I have cyst. Cyst size not changed. I have sometime pain in inferior abdomen. What should I do.
Had pid earlier. Taken oflox oz and doxycycline courses. Again after 20 days. Having intense vaginal hole itching with yellowish White discharge. We are using condoms. Husband is not having any symptoms. What is this? Have taken anti fungals also. Having weakness and joint pains too!
My last period is 24/1/15 .I CHECK pregnant test . Test is positive .I had about this by eating tablet .So give name of tablet. Which is easy to avilable In medical
What are the medicines I must consume planning for pregnancy. Have read we must take folic acids. Can you suggest a good medicine. Should I reduce my weight at present I am 60 for 157 cms height.
I am 25 years old. I had medical abortion 1 week before. It's more than 1 week and I am still bleeding slightly. Can I know how long will this bleeding continue.
Abs Are Made in the Kitchen
Every person hitting the gym for an exhaustive workout has the goal of getting into 6 pack Abs or flaunting one.
The Human body has well-toned muscles, however, it's the layer of fat which causes the muscles to hide. Thus, fat loss is the biggest concern.
Daily diet contributes to 70% and workout contributes to about 30% towards your fitness.
What you eat in 23 hours is more important than banking on that 1 hour spent for a workout. Having said that the role of diet is very clear, however, your workout is also an important aspect as 30% missing cannot complete 100% fitness goal.