Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Anu SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir I think I'm patient of depression and stress because I get worried too early like fast heart beat, cool skin, Rapid Breathing, dry mouth and most important have headache these symptoms I feel. Can you guide me what is this ? How to lead a normal life ?
I am 30 years old lady, I have pimples with itching and redness on face for last 2 years, which comes n go. Some says it is rosacea, it is relief with allopathy medicines but after stopping medicins, problem occur again, I am very depressed.
My elder brother's son, is suffering from mental illness. He often says that he wants to sit alone for peacefulness at the top of the building terrace. Some times he feels to get pains of hands and legs & some times he get pain of headache. Recently if he hears sounds then he cant bear. For last 2 months he couldn't attend school for 6th standard. So Please. Give guide to recover the way earlier his studies also good. From last 8 yrs. He is suffering from asthma too. For this he is using Montelukast sodium singular 5mg. My elder brother was expired in the year oct. 2009. At the age of 49. By heart attack.
My grandmother has trouble walking, but she refuses to get a walker or cane. I worry about her. How can I convince her to get some sort of walking aid?
Hello sir, I have a problem in speaking, for Ex- If I want to say Relay then I say that Reray. So what I do, Please just give me suggestion.
Hello everybody. I am Dr Ashish Kumar mittaal. I am MD psychiatrist and I am practising in Gurgaon
Today we are here to know the management of stress and anxiety and its treatment.
The first question is what is stress?
Stress is that how our body and mind reacts to the life situations. So it may be Eustress or Distress.
Sometimes it helps us to move forward in our life. For example, during exams, we develop stress but due to that stress, our attention, concentration increases and we are able to finish things fast, we can learn fast and we can perform well. So this kind of positive stress is called Eustress.
But when the stress level increases, suppose, you have a capability of 10 and you have given work of 13 magnitudes, then your performance will go down and you will not be able to work or concentrate properly. So, this excessive stress is called Distress.
We can do something with our lifestyle to help reduce stress.
- Switch off television and the internet at least one hour before sleep so that your mind is at rest before sleep.
- Don’t use excessive caffeine. Caffeine is there in tea, coffee, cold drinks and chocolates.
- Do not take more than two cup of tea. If you are taking more cups of tea there will be more anxiety, lack of sleep which will further increase your anxiety.
- In student we see such a thing. In exam they remain awake, take excessive caffeine in the form of tea and coffee develop excessive anxiety which reduces their concentration and disturb their sleep. So we need to watch it over.
- We need to take some exercises like cardiac exercises in reducing stress and anxiety, some yoga technique we can follow.
- Fix your meal timings and engage in some sports activities.
- Many people think ayurvedic and homoeopathic treatment bring a cure. So I am not denying their role in managing these things but if you are not getting benefit then switch to allopathic treatment. There is no harm in that and it brings great relief within one or two months. We have many patients who have improved like anything.
The third barrier in the treatment is stigma. People think if we are going to the psychiatrist for treatment we are mad. Actually you are not. The person who develops stress and anxiety problems actually are smarter than other person and that is why they have developed anxiety problem, that is why they are worrying and anticipating more. Whenever you will go to the treatment you will see with good doctors huge number of persons are coming for treatment. So you can rely you are not alone. Others too are seeking treatment. But what happens is nobody tells each other that we are seeking treatment. Don’t worry about stigma. Worry about your health and seek the treatment. Treatment is easily available. If you will search you will get good doctors nearby.
If you want to consult me you can consult me through lybrate.