Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Anu SinghYour feedback matters!
In spite of our good relation my wife very often develops relationships with doctors in the hospital she works, here matter of discussion is very much personal and physical, when confronted she admitted her mistake but started it again, is there any guarantee she will not go physical with any of her doctors? I can not understand how the educated doctors also behave like that in spite of having their wife and children, they will argue it as natural friendship, but they immediately turn their faces if they are asked to tell it to their wife, tried to coerce my wife in building extra marital with my wife, when I intervened he threatened me with legal steps, can I trust mt wife?
Sir my son study 1 years BE. Now he say want to discontinue his study .his mobil was stolen one day back in hostel. His inmates are often teasing him. And also he has one or two friend only. His marks are not satisfy plz help me.
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
- It helps reduce your blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Helps by releasing your happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burn calories: Does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi i am a 37 yrs old lady working as a accountant in a pvt. Firm i have lot of work pressure at home and in office, sometimes i feel broken. Thr is not co-operation with my partner and colleagues. Sometimes i cry a lot when iam alone. Iam going through a bad time. Please help me.
I am ex smoker quit about 1 month now I am felling sudden increase heart rate anxiety tension shortbretness can I go for nicotine replacement therapy.
Sir, I have a problem that I always make imaginary condition and keep thinking about it. Its keeps me apart from real situations in life. And I think this is the reason I am always nervous in my real life. I always try to avoid to talk to peoples.
Problems facing in prioritsation of work, completing the task, organizing the task eventhough aware of consequences. Distracted easily with less important work or issues. Fighting hard to control. Lost my job last year. Am I suffering from add-pi attention deficiency disorder - predominantly inattentive. I am not hyperactive. Please help. Need to get it diagnosed systematically & improve myself for survival of my family of four.
I am 24 years old, I am having anxiety disorder and my heart beats like it will pop out and I thought too much and can't relate to what is going on and having unknown fear and zero excitement.
Sir actually I smoke weed and want to leave smoking but I can't. Actually I tried alot but I can move on from smoking weed. How can I quit smoking weed? Please help me out of this. Thank you.
Hi Doctor, Actually I have one problem with my husband, he is heavy drunker like he has 2 days holiday then he will start morning drinking till the night, and when he has first shift he come home and start drinking and I have problem with his drinking habit can you please suggest me any madison or etc.
I have a problem with me when I goes high and high and then look at downside I become fear too much. Sir please give me recommended solution for it.
I cannot concentrate on my studies due my my love situations problems I cannot concentrate how can I solve this problem?
Hi Doctor, I am 22 years old. Usually I am very cool. But in some situations I get tensed and get angry. Please suggest me how to reduce the anger.
I am very depressed that my boyfriend is making distance with me, he says I hurt him I tried not to every time , he didn't call me since a Month , whenever I tried to talk to him on text he gets angry n fights , he is not sharing his problem s how can I make him talk again , kindly give some suggestions.
Pathological gambling is a situation in which a person is unable to resist the impulse to gamble and this leads to harmful consequences on the personal and social front of an individual. Pathological gambling is repetitive in nature, and a person cannot stop gambling by any means. The person would try to get money anyhow to gamble and he would feel uncomfortable or irritated at the idea of quitting gambling.
In order to control pathological gambling, it is advised that a person should quit gambling totally. Here are some measures which you can follow to control pathological gambling.
- Rehabilitation Programs: Both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs can curb pathological gambling in a person. The program of a treatment center, if followed by heart, can cure the gambling problem. Moreover, by staying at a rehab for a period of time, a person will also stay away from gambling and will not get a chance to do so. Outpatient rehabilitation programs like group sessions and classes or one-on-one therapy sessions can also prevent gambling addicts from gambling without staying away from home.
- Twelve-step Program: The twelve step program by Gamblers Anonymous or GA may help a person overcome pathological gambling. For people who cannot afford long term rehabilitation programs, the twelve steps are ideal. Based on the same principles of the Alcoholics Anonymous, this program helps you to build a support group comprising of other recovering or recovered gambling addicts. Meetings are held every day, and you must attend these meetings to get help and encouragement.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Other than group therapies and support groups, psychotherapy also helps in dealing with pathological gambling problems. A one-on-one session with a therapist is very essential as gambling addiction arises from deep emotional issues. Clearing these issues would benefit the affected person. Treating the underlying issues may stop pathological gambling. Opening up to a therapist may be effective.
- Medication: In certain cases, medication is required to help get over pathological gambling. Gambling addiction may result on account of other underlying mental health conditions such as bipolar disorder. Treating the underlying causes with proper medication will cure the pathological gambling problem. Your impulse must be taken under control.
- Changes in lifestyle: Pathological gambling causes extreme loss of a person’s financial condition. A recovering pathological gambler must hand over all his financial responsibilities to a trusted family member or friend. Places such as casinos or gambling events should be avoided to restrict relapse.
Pathological gambling is a severe situation, which can cause great loss and harm to a person from many perspectives. One must take all necessary measures required to bring pathological gambling under control.