Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anshuman VaishYour feedback matters!
I am ignorant. I don't know how to gain knowledge. Whatever I read, I forget in few days. I also feel less self esteem.
I am having problem of AMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration) IN MY RIGHT eye. I am having treatment of Injections (Lutein) per month from 8 months. Is there any medicine available in Homeopathy for AMD?
Jaise eyesight week hai mei kya karu green vegetables bhi khata hoon but kuch asar nahi hota meri eye sight bahut week ho rahi hai spectacles ka number bhi bad gaya hai so please mujhe koi solution dijiye .
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as:
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
My 10 year old son is having eye glasses and hardly concentrate on studies. How to improve his memory and remove his eye glass
I am irritating my eyes by last Two Weeks so my request is that plsss give a solution for this problem I m suffering.
I have -4 eye sight for both eyes. One of my relatives said me that. A baaba gives medicine and it will go. Is there any medicine through which eye sight can be removed?
I feel my head getting heavier just after doing a casually stressful task and I also feel a burning sensation in my eyes quite frequently. What do I do?
I have pain in my eyes for last 2 days and sometimes it cause headache please suggest me how to overcome this pain.
Is there any remedy for retinitis pigmentosa? Is it hereditory? What are the chances of transmission to second generation?
My eyes are always heavy. Eyes fatigue ness, heaviness is always there. I only want to close my eyes all the time. I can sleep for so many hours because of this tiredness. I never feel fresh after waking up. What is d reason for this and what to do for this.
I enjoy seeing every healthy women naked. And have sex with them. Is it madness? please answer. Thanks.
I am 45 years old. I have eyelid drooping since last 5 years. This problem is increasing continuously. Can you suggest the best treatment for this problem permanently?
Hi Doctor, I hav longsite and my eye power is -2.00 on both eye I wear both contact lens and specs.Is it advisble to go for Lasik treat .Please advice.I am getting mixed comments if I go our lasik il hav dry eye.So please advise on this
Hi sir I am feeling stress doctor prescribed me refresh tears eye drop I used that for at least for 20 days didn't find any improvement. Now I might feel tired and headache type situation all over day. Basically my symptoms listed below. 1) Stressed and fatigued eyes. 2) Light sensitivity 3) Headache feeling 4) Blurry type vision. Please suggest me what I can do.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.