Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anshula Mittal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anshula MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female. My last period date 7th Feb I confirmed my pregnancy by HCG test, contrakit tablets misoportal 2 tablets at 16th April and 17th mor again 2 misoportal finally 1 mifepristone at 18th April mor almost 5 days over but still not bleeding kindly advice for further.
During periods one can take curd and lemon water. As both are acidic properties. Some said yes and some says NO. If they are acidic then in that case can they be taken after 3 days of periods? They affect the periods also?
Here are tips of Homeopathic treatments
Hello, friends, I am Dr. Meghna Gupta. I am a homeopath the sweet pill doctor. Today we will talk about homeopathy. Homeopathy is a medical science development of Dr. Samuel Hanhnemann, a German physician. The principle behind the science is similia similibus curantur that is like cures like. In simple whatever substance can cause disease in large quantities can also cure the disease in small quantities. This is the principle behind this science. You must have seen that homeopathy is getting popular day by day. What is the reason behind this? The reason is that you try to treat the patient as a whole not only disease part. Try to give as less medicine as possible in minute doses in the gentlest way with least suffering and we try to treat the person as a whole, he feels better as a whole.
Sometimes the person comes to me ma’am this also, this problem which I didn’t even tell has also been cured that is the beauty of homeopathy. What I have seen in my practice in nowadays that most of the problems are psychosomatic disorders that are the disease first comes in the mind and then travels to the body. Though this is not true for all the cases that come to us yes it is appropriate for most of the cases that come to us. Why? Because we have so much stress relationships in life nowadays, such busy life, such sedentary lifestyles but very busy lifestyles, high-pressure jobs, competitiveness.
So many people are having problems like gastrointestinal disorders, acidity, acid reflux, hypertension, Blood pressure, thyroid, PCOD’s, diabetes, hair fall, sinusitis, headaches, migraines and so on and homeopathy has shown wonderful results in all these things. Apart from these, we have very good results in female disorders, in child disorders, allergies from pollens, cold, dust, obstinate children and so on the list is endless and we have actually treated very well the patients of Dengue, malaria, typhoid, and jaundice. What I try to do in my clinic that I try to take very detailed case history of the person like his likes and dislikes his past family history, his own family history, and his relationship with his spouse, the relationship between his own parents, his birth history, his reaction to temperatures, his work life, the kind of work he does.
Why do you take so many questions? Why? Because we want to individualize the patients to an extent as possible so that we are giving him only one medicine which can take care of all the problems like you must not have seen in every case every side has its own limitations so homeopathy has its limitations but still it has been a very wonderful science and we are blessed to have such a nice science in our own reach. It’s a boon for us, the mankind. When I see the wonderful results of this science I fall in love with this science every day.
If you want to know more about homeopathy and wonderful results it has you are very free to come to my clinic at MediEval or you can connect with me on Lybrate for online consultation. Thank you. Stay healthy.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!