Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anshula GuptaYour feedback matters!
Water forms major part of the components in human health for its metabolism
As it drives oxygen in the circulation it helps for the therapeutic properties and hence it is very vital in dehydration of the body for proper balance of body temperature
Hello I'm three months pregnant and we had unprotected sex. I wan to know whether it's ok or not. please help.
I am 24 years old female (not married), I have urine and vaginal infection, how can I get relief from these two as it is frustrating me often, even I am being hygienic.
I'm confused I'm having Bleeding from the clitoris in the middle of the menstrual cycle. I'm worried please suggest me.
Hii doctor I'm pregnant 8 month is passing now my baby weight is 2 kg now and its good but my hb level is low 8.3 even daily I'm taking ABC juice apple, beetroot,carrot and dried apricot altogether juice daily morning im taking still now its not increasing what shall I do for increasing my hb level please reply me.
Hello doctors, I want to know that, which medicine is safe during positive news in pregnancy, I have already 2nd half year old baby, so I don't want to take chance before four years, today I checked nd the report goes positive So pls help to get out of this position. What I do.
Smoking in pregnancy is harmful to both the mother as well as her unborn child. Women who smoke or are exposed to secondhand smoke during pregnancy are at greater risk for spontaneous pregnancy losses, preterm births, preterm premature rupture of membranes, placenta previa, abruptio placentae and still births.
Most of these risks can be reduced by avoiding secondhand smoking,
The IMA campaign on Tobacco cessation will continue till 31st May, 2015 with a Tableau, which will go around Delhi/NCR to create awareness on how to quit smoking.
Quitting smoking during pregnancy has beneficial aspects but most benefits occur if one quits smoking or avoids exposure to secondhand smoke during the first three months of pregnancy.
In pregnancy, there is nothing like reducing or cutting down on smoking. It has to be a ?Zero Smoking Policy.? For women who cannot quit, drugs are not contraindicated.
About 50% of women who quit, restart within 2 months. Therefore, continuing counselling is required.
1. It counteracts the effects of weight-promoting genes. Harvard medical researchers looked at 32 obesity-promoting genes in over 12,000 people to determine how much these genes actually contribute to body weight. They then discovered that, among the study participants who walked briskly for about an hour a day, the effects of those genes were cut in half.
2. It helps tame a sweet tooth. 15-minute walk can curb cravings for chocolate and even reduce the amount of chocolate you eat in stressful situations. And the latest research confirms that walking can reduce cravings and intake of a variety of sugary snacks.
Walking for 2.5 hours a week — that’s just 21 minutes a day — can cut your risk of heart disease by 30%. In addition, this do-anywhere, no-equipment-required activity has also been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and keep you mentally sharp.
3. It reduces the risk of developing breast cancer. Researchers already know that any kind of physical activity blunts the risk of breast cancer. But an American Cancer Society study that zeroed in on walking found that women who walked seven or more hours a week had a 14% lower risk of breast cancer than those who walked three hours or fewer per week. And walking provided this protection even for the women with breast cancer risk factors, such as being overweight or using supplemental hormones.
4. It eases joint pain. Several studies have found that walking reduces arthritis-related pain, and that walking five to six miles a week can even prevent arthritis from forming in the first place. Walking protects the joints — especially the knees and hips, which are most susceptible to osteoarthritis — by lubricating them and strengthening the muscles that support them.
5. It boosts immune function. Walking can help protect you during cold and flu season. A study of over 1,000 men and women found that those who walked at least 20 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, had 43% fewer sick days than those who exercised once a week or less. And if they did get sick, it was for a shorter duration, and their symptoms were milder.
I have a missed periods for 5 days and then 6th day I have a period, Could you tell me Still I Pregnant, If Not, Please Tell me the tips for fast pregnancy.
1. Aids in digestion: Suffer from indigestion? well, drink a glass of jeera water every day to help you deal with it. This is because jeera water not only stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes but also speeds up the digestion process, thereby helping you fight indigestion. Moreover, as it clears out toxins from the body, drinking jeera water provides relief from stomach related problems like acidity, abdominal gas, morning sickness and nausea.
2. Treats water retention: One of the common causes of water retention is the intake of high salt diet and drinking less water or dehydration. And hence, drinking a glass of jeera water every day might help as jeera is rich in potassium, which helps in reducing and preventing water retention. The mineral potassium plays a key role in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body thus, helping you treat water retention naturally. Here's more on causes of water retention and expert tips to prevent it.
3. Boosts immunity: Not just potassium, jeera is also packed with iron, which is important for normal functioning of the immune system. Iron is the key mineral required for the production of red blood cells. Jeera is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in fighting free radicals and lowers your risk of infections. Hence, make sure you drink a glass of jeera water to boost your immunity.
4. Helps in treating anaemia: If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia, then including iron-rich jeera in your diet can help. And what s best than sipping jeera water all through the day to make the most of it. Due to lack of iron, the blood supply to various parts of the body is hindered, which leads to fatigue. Hence, drink jeera water regularly to prevent anaemia.
5. Maintains blood pressure: Jeera water is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure. So if you are at risk of high blood pressure or suffer from a heart disease, then drinking a glass of jeera water on an empty stomach might do the trick. The mineral also helps in maintaining heart rate along with improving your heart function.
6. Helps in weight loss: Yes, it is one of the few healthy drinks that can also aid in weight loss. Jeera water can help you lose weight by boosting the metabolism. It is rich in fibre which not only subdues your appetite and prevents you from cravings but also acts as a powerful detoxifying agent, thus helping you lose weight.
7. Nourishes the skin: The antioxidant property of jeera water is responsible for clearing toxins from the body, which can aggravate acne and blemishes. And hence, drinking jeera water not only aids in the absorption of nutrients but also detoxifies the skin helping your skin to glow naturally. The presence of vitamin e and a exerts anti-ageing effects of jeera water making your skin smooth and clear.
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.
Related Tip: "Wounds Vs Bruises"
My age is 24 years I missed my period it was on 25 jan but it did not happened. My abdomen feels tender. What should I do to get instant periods?
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
5. Bring back rice on your plate. Not brown not white but handpounded. Eat rice at night too if you have grown up eating it. Leave the quinoa to the south americans
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)
I did my usg scan at 22 weeks. My HC 196 MM, AC 156 MM, FL 37MM. Doppler flow is normal. Doctor told ac is low. What does it mean?'ll it affect fetal growth?
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Are you looking to spice up things in bed?
1. Keep fit
Sex is a bodily function. That means a healthy person is more likely to have successful sex than an unhealthy one. Having good cardiovascular health is especially smart, given that the vasculature down there is easily affected by poor conditions. Just having high cholesterol can trigger ed or fsd. Just taking a 20-minute brisk walk can benefit you immensely releasing all the endorphins (the happy hormones) and building your muscle and bone health, giving you a positive mood thereby boosting libido.
2. Relaxation is critical
Stress has a way of ruining sex lives through psychological and physical means. Not everyone can have the luxury of taking time off work and heading to the bedroom, but there are little steps everyone can take to get themselves more in the mood of a pleasure-focused evening complete with music, a couples bath or shower, and sensual massage with essential oils, followed by simple home cooked food with candles instead of electrical lighting.
This is utmost important for anyone who wants to get the most out of their sex life — or their relationship in general" communication is key" if you don't have communication, you're not going to get anywhere sexually. Talking honestly about sex can be difficult but any awkwardness will be well worth it. Of course, communicating sexual desires during the deed should be done delicately and any serious suggestions should be saved for a discussion later.
4. Making it emotional
For women, being spoken to in a romantic way is an important part of sexual arousal. Same applies to men too. Just basic compliments sprinkled throughout the day can make any partner feel more desired, which often translates to increasingly passionate reciprocation.
5. Educating the self
This can be a challenging task for long-term couples if they've never done it but nearly everyone benefits from some sexual education. Dvds that explain more advanced and exciting sexual techniques. In particular, recommend are couples-based films.
6. Hug romance
As relationships age, the people in them often settle into a comfort zone. There is plenty that's great about the comfort zone but feeling desired and loved should not be sacrificed. Whether it's flowers, an at-home dinner, or dancing to a favourite song, planning a special night of romance is a pretty simple way to spice a relationship.
7. It's not just the orgasm
Overthinking sex is a nearly guaranteed way to take all the fun out of it. This can be a particular problem for men with a female partner because women tend to have a tougher time climaxing and some men see sex without orgasm as a failed effort" the objective is to find ways to give each other pleasure" focusing on the journey rather than the destination is going to give more pleasure and cut off pressure on the couple.