Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anshu Sharma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anshu SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 weeks pregnant and am using electric kettle to heat milk and boiling it once on gas stove. Is it safe to drink milk heated in kettle during pregnancy. Does it effect on baby? Am worried and I have no other option to take the milk.
I have done with my ultrasound n I have an ectopic pregnancy its the beginning of the 3rd month of my pregnancy. Do I need to have D&C.Is there D&C possible in case of ectopic pregnancy? What should I do? And I am 21 years old.
I am 5w 3d pregnant. I hv seen some yellow clots while cleaning my private part. Is it normal or not. And is Internet or wifi using during pregnancy is safe or not. What is the symptoms of earlier pregnancy. And what type of diet I have to follow.
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps to release endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note that the medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynecologist.
If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Eating a well-balanced diet is the first step towards staying healthy. Among the thousands of healthy foods that our planet provides, the majority contain at least several of the nutrients our bodies need but there are some that can be included in the list of World's Healthiest Foods. Here are the 10 most nutritious foods in the world.
- Salmon: Salmon is a fatty fish that contains plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids along with other nutrients. These are essential for the optimal functioning of the body. It also lowers the risk of dementia, heart disease, depression and a host of other common diseases.
- Kale: Kale is a leafy green vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and a number of other antioxidants. It has a very low calorific value and is considered to be even healthier than spinach. The Isothiocyanates and other bioactive compounds in kale can protect a person from some types of cancer.
- Garlic: Along with vitamin and minerals such as calcium, copper, potassium and manganese, garlic also contains Alicen. This has the ability to lower blood pressure, cholesterol and can fight cancer. Garlic also contains pathogens that help it fight against bacteria and fungi.
- Shellfish: Shellfish includes foods such as prawns, clams, oysters etc. they are loaded with vitamin B12, Vitamin C, iron, zinc, selenium, and copper amongst other nutrients. They are considered the most nutritious organism in the sea.
- Blueberries: Blueberries contain flavonoids known as anthocyanins. These have the ability to protect against cancer, heart disease, memory loss and age-related blindness. The epicatechins in blueberry juice also lower the risk of urinary tract infections.
- Broccoli: Sulpher compounds such as sulforaphane can fight against certain types of cancer such as lung cancer, stomach cancer, and breast cancer. These compounds pass a signal to genes to increase production of enzymes that detoxify the body. It also contains beta-carotene that safeguards your brain cells and protects your eyes from cataracts.
- Chocolate: Dark chocolate is considered an indulgence but is in fact very good for your health. The flavonoids and anti-oxidants contained in it help lower blood pressure, keep blood clots from developing and slow down the cholesterol oxidation process. It also has the ability to lower insulin resistance.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich in fiber and lignans. These compounds block estrogen receptors and help reduce the risk of cancer caused by hormone fluctuations. They also contain alpha-linolenic acids that are used by the body to produce omega 3 fatty acids.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of calcium and probiotics. This helps keep the gut healthy and in turn boosts the immune system. It also lowers the risk of urinary tract infections, yeast infection, and ulcers.
- Avocadoes: Avocadoes can help lower cholesterol and are effective ways to reduce the risk of heart diseases. they are also rich in antioxidants such as glutathione.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am delivered baby on 1st of 2017 by C section. Rite now Me and my baby both are fine. When it is safe to have sex again. And when it is safe to conceive again for a baby.
I am 23 years old female. I have a history of pcos problem. Now I got to know that I have a cyst in my left ovary near adnexa with 46*40 mm size. I would like to know whether it is curable by medication or is there any need of undergoing surgery?
I had a NovaSure done on July 11th and I'm wondering what can happen if had intercourse 5-6 days after the procedure. I see my surgeon on August 2nd for follow up. I have had intercourse a total of 3 times since procedure and oral once. I'm having watery discharge that's slightly red and cramping in lower stomach on the right. Also some back pain in upper back. Thanks.
The uterus or womb is a strong structure that is held up by the pelvic muscles and tendons. In case that these muscles or tendons extend or get distinctly powerless, they are no longer ready to support the uterus, bringing about prolapse. Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus hangs or slips from its ordinary position, into the vagina or birth channel.
Uterine prolapse might be fragmented or complex. A deficient prolapse happens when the uterus is just halfway drooping into the vagina. An entire prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina.
The danger of having a prolapsed uterus increases as a woman ages and her estrogen levels diminish. Estrogen is the hormone that keeps the pelvic muscles solid. Harm to pelvic muscles and tissues during pregnancy and labor may likewise lead to prolapse. Women with more than one vaginal birth and in their postmenopausal period are under the most significant risk. Any action that puts weight on the pelvic muscles can expand your danger of a uterine prolapse. Different variables that can increase your risk for the condition include:
Women who have a minor uterine prolapse might not have any side effects. Direct to serious prolapse may bring about side effects, for example:
- Having an inclination that you are sitting on a ball
- Vaginal bleeding
- Expanded discharge
- Issues with sex
- Feeling the uterus or cervix leaving the vagina
- A pulling or substantial feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
In case that you experience these symptoms, it is important to see your specialist. Without appropriate diagnosis, the condition can weaken your vagina, bladder, and sexual capacity. Treatment is not generally fundamental for this condition. In case that prolapse is serious, talk with your specialist about which treatment choice is suitable for you. Nonsurgical medicines include:
- Shedding pounds to take the strain off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a strategic distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel works out, which are pelvic floor exercises that strengthen the vaginal muscles
- Taking estrogen substitution treatment
- Wearing a pessary, which is a device embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up and settles the uterus and cervix
Surgical medications include uterine suspension or hysterectomy. During uterine suspension, your specialist puts the uterus once again into its normal position by reattaching pelvic tendons or utilizing surgical materials. During a hysterectomy, your specialist expels the uterus from the body through the stomach area or the vagina. Surgery is usually successful; however, it is not suggested for women who anticipate having a baby later on.
Sex is not only a physical need, sex is a great way to emotionally bond and get closer to your partner as well. Any dissatisfaction in the bedroom can affect other aspects of your life, and can lead to fights, squabbles and general unhappiness. The inability to orgasm can become a major bone of contention. There can be various reasons behind the inability to climax. Some of the common ones are detailed below:
1. Lack of stimulation
Studies show that only 25% of women reach climax during sexual intercourse. The remaining 75% of women require more stimulation, like fingers or even toys and tongues to reach orgasm. Amongst this is a subset of 10-15% of women who never reach orgasm. Thus, a large number of women require extra stimulation to achieve climax during sex. You must talk to your partner about putting in some extra effort and providing the extra stimulation you need to achieve climax.
Many men and women over-think their actions in bed. From their expressions to how they are reacting and how they are making their partner feel - everything is under constant scrutiny and revision. This leads to a lot of stress, which can hinder your ability to reach orgasm. You need to relax in the bedroom, because whatever you do will feel good in some way or another. Your anxieties can also distract you from what is going on, which means you don't get the chance to fully experience the pleasures of sex. If it helps, speak to your partner about your anxieties and tell them what you are stressing about during sex.
3. Differences between men and women
Men are visual creatures. This means that what they see turns them on. A woman's orgasm, on the other hand, happens in her head. Thus, men and women have different roots to their stimulation. Lack of an orgasm might mean either of these needs isn't being fulfilled. A great way to work around this and make sex more fun is to include a lot of foreplay in your love-making session. You can do this by trying out role-playing or using sex toys. Make sure to take it slow for a great build-up to your orgasm.
Porn has an impact on your sex life. It can increase your expectations to a considerable extent, which may not be fulfilled, thus hampering your experience in the bedroom. A lot of people become so focused on reproducing that experience that they forget that its real life. The focus on performance overwhelms their actual experience of sex, which results in an inability to reach orgasm. Try to accept the fact that you don't really have to perform for your partner. Your partner appreciates you for what you are, despite everything.
5. Mental blocks
A problem in the relationship, certain health conditions like depression, past trauma and negative social conditioning can all have negative impacts on your ability to orgasm. Talk to your partner about past trauma if you have any, and what your triggers are. Consider speaking to a sex therapist as mental health issues should never be neglected. Depression hits the libido hard, and the problem is only compounded by antidepressants. Negative social conditioning can only be helped by therapy, so try to reach out to a mental health professional. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.