Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hi I had abortion pill as described by doctor three days back I am still bleeding and I am having right abdominal pain Let me know if this symptom is normal or not.
After completion of period within 3 day we was meet together closely is it possible baby will be come?
I am a 19 years old male and I have eaten my own sperm today. I want to ask is it is harmful and dangerous for my health to eat my own sperm?
Sir my wife anjali and me newly married. Hamne abhi tak sex nhi kiya he bcz uska kahi pain hota he ek baar Hamne try bhi kiya but kafi pain hota he anjali ko Bahot aaram se bhi try kiya but result is negative hi he kya karo pls advise me.
I am 20 years old male, I can't sex with my partner. Even those it's our first time sex. I can try 3 or 4 times but I can't do sex, her whole is too small, its our first time sex sir please give me tips sir.
My age is 46, my periods are erratic. I feel sick in the morning and afterwards normal. No sugar or thyroid. White discharge sometimes. Suffering from hip pain.
I am not getting menstruation cycle from last 2 months. I had physical relation with my husband before 2 months and use tablet unwanted 72. Nd before 10 days again I use that tablet. There is no periods since last 2 months. I take a pregnancy test but it is negative, so I am worried. Is it due to that tablet?
I'm 24 years old and suffering lower abdomen pain on the RHS. Last two month period missed, pregnancy test negative. Consulted gynecologist and two surgeon suspected appendix but reason for back pain at kidney area not detected. Test done KUB 2 time. USG,blood test. Barium meal x ray done report negative. RHS lower abdomen pain always existing, increased when consuming food and excess water. Vomiting happened last 3 days. Kindly suggest.
I had protected sex with my boyfriend. I did the pregnancy test too. It's negative. Then am I not getting my periods. I did the pregnancy test thrice.
I m pregnant. My pregnancy is 37 weeks 1 day old. I have low AFI 5.5 in my ultrasound report done on 37 week. Should I deliver my baby now through induction or wait because chances of normal pregnancy is higher now. My due date is 25 feb. Baby weight is 2.6 kg now.
Hello Dr, Please tell me if I will take apetamin while breastfeeding is it safe for my baby and me Because I eat a lot of food per day but I can't gain weight please help me.
I had bleeding before 3 days my period is due. (period should be on 25th may but it started on 22nd may itself) now it my fifth day. It was in brown and faded red colour for 4 days. But today that is on my 5th day it little bit high not heavier. What is it am pregnant? but I took home test it was negative.
Hi I am 20 years old I had sex 2 days back with my boy friend he cum inside after releasing sperm inside of my vagina the sperm came out between 2 minutes from my vagina he did only one time like that I am getting scared that I will get pregnant can I take I pill medicine or is it okay please tell me what should I do for this do I become pregnant or I should eat I pill please suggest me.
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Dr. Meri beti 25 years ki h aur first time pregnant h uska 34wa week chal rha 2 din se bahut thoda thoda bleeding ho rha ultrasound k report me aaya h ki bacche k neck me nal fas gya h.pr baccha phle ki tarah hi movement kr rha h aisa kaise ho gya aur kya ye dwa se thik ho jata h.
Hi doctor I am 23 years old girl I want to know that is there any changes in body or walking style occur after having sex first time and also I want to know the right age at which a girl can do sex and one more thing is anal sex safe. Lastly I want to clear my doubt is fingering safe.
I am 30 years female, its my 1st pregnancy after 5 years of married life. I am in 30th week, I am feeling very weak and tired, please suggest me the best diet.
Reasons for spotting during pregnancy and what you can do about it
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting.