Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anoop Kumar DiwanYour feedback matters!
My son is 3 and half years old. He is suffering from cough and cold for last few months. I am treated my child for allopathic and homeopathy doctor but he didn't recover. He is very week. He is very slim but active. Last summers he is suffering from typhoid. Please suggest the medicine pls.
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Can I use pure coconut oil for daily use cooking to my one year old daughters food? Is it healthy for her?
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from Respiration problems from 2010. Is there any cure for this problem. I have to take Cipla - Montair LC twice in a day. And sometimes have to take levolin capsule inhaler. I want a cure of this problem.
My baby has cold & cough before 15 days treated with antibiotics, antihistamine till he having cough what shall I do?
ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a condition characterized by an inability to concentrate and sustain attention. It is a biological problem of the brain.
Due to poor concentration the child feels bored easily and may become impulsive and appear to be mischievous
He may answer out of turn and will talk even when not spoken to.
He may have difficulty sitting at one place.
He maybe restless, fidgety and jumping about.
This will hamper his ability to remember things and may become forgetful and lose things.
This is something the child does not do on purpose and feels guilty and unhappy about, making the child feel low on self-esteem which may manifest as aggressive and rebellious behavior.
Tips for the teacher and parents
1. Keep the child close to her in the classroom
2. Keep the child away from the windows
3. Shower praise when he behaves appropriately.
4. Write important information down where the child can easily read and reference it
5.Divide big assignments into smaller ones, and allow children frequent breaks.
6. Incorporate Physical movement into classroom teaching.
7. Working with interruptions:
Reducing the interruptions of children with ADD/ADHD should be done carefully so that the child’s self-esteem is maintained, especially in front of others. Develop a “secret language” with the child with ADD/ADHD. You can use discreet gestures or words you have previously agreed upon to let the child know they are interrupting. Praise the child for interruption-free conversations.
8. Dealing with Impulsivity:
Give consequences immediately following misbehavior. Be specific in your explanation, making sure the child knows how they misbehaved.
Recognize good behavior out loud. Be specific in your praise, making sure the child knows what they did right.
Write the schedule for the day on the board or on a piece of paper and cross off each item as it is completed. Children with impulse problems may gain a sense of control and feel calmer when they know what to expect.
9. Dealing with Hyperactivity:
Ask children with ADD/ADHD to run an errand or do a task for you, even if it just means walking across the room to sharpen pencils or put books away.
Encourage the child to play a sport—or at least run around before and after school.
Provide a stress ball, small toy, or other object for the child to squeeze or play with discreetly at his or her seat.
Limit screen time in favor of time for movement. Your child will enjoy fast games like Subway Surfer and Temple Run.
Make sure a child with ADD/ADHD never misses recess or PT period.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.
Hi 3.6 years daughter having cramp in stomach and thread like appearance in stool. Pls suggest what to do.
Hi sir. My daughter age 3 yrs. Now a problem no 1 enlarged adenoids. Doctor will do operation, And another problem doctor telling to get mucopolysaccharides problem tell what I can do. Please help me.
I have a grandson who has just completed 13 months. We give him along with mother's milk in the morning and in the evening (his mother works), he is given rice, dal,leaves, curds. And also juices and fruits. The problem he often farts with bad smell and also his stools are are often give foul smell, Doctor gave Lacto bacillus sol. but we dont see much improvement. We find the above condiion atleast one or two times in a week.
My son is 23 months old and he is fussy Eater. Can you suggest multivit. Or iron supplements. Problem is that he likes to eat white things like egg, milk, manner, curd, he hates veggies.
My baby is 1 and half tear old. She has congestion in her chest since yesterday. She became very uncomfortable with this. What to do to cure her.
My baby is 7 month old, I started solids on mrng and eve, is it true that digestion will not smoothly done if we give foods after 6 pm? When is the correct time?
On average, kids under age 3 catch six to eight colds a year. "We think that since most children are encountering viruses for the first time, their immune systems aren't able to kill them as quickly as when they encounter them again. What's more, because kids aren't overly concerned about having a runny nose, the virus tends to end up on their hands, clothing, and toys--where it can live for 30 minutes. When another child touches an infected toy and then rubs her nose or eyes, she can catch the cold.
However, having lots of sniffles early in life may protect kids later on. Researchers have found that children who develop frequent colds in preschool catch fewer colds during their school years--presumably because their immune systems have learned to recognize and fight off the bugs. And a German study has found that babies who have more than one cold before their first birthday are less likely to develop asthma by age 7.