Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Annie Shawl
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Annie ShawlYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am Dr Shobha Gupta. I am a director at Mothers Life IVF centre and here at Mothers Life IVF centre, we are treating the infertile couples.
So, first of all, we want to tell you, what is infertility?
Of the couple is unable to conceive after one year of unprotected sex and they are unable to conceive and pregnancy is not happening you must go to a specialist and infertility specialist basically an IVF centre, where all the facilities are available.
What are the causes of infertility in females?
It might be a tubal blockage and the tubes are not working and they are blocked, irregular menstrual cycle. Ovulation is not happening at the proper time and the couple is unaware about the fertile period and certain myths are there. In males, the basic problem is in the sperms either the decreased sperm count or the decreased motility is there. Lifestyle plays a vital role in causing infertility these days and stress is the main problem and also the diet and us after seeing lot many cases of PCOS i.e, Polycystic ovarian Syndrome, where the cycles are very irregular and the females are getting obese. There is hirsutism, that is unwanted facial hair and unwanted hair on the body and irregular menstrual cycle and they are not ovulating at the proper time. So these are lifestyle disorders. So you have to manage your weight. You have to improve your lifestyle. You have to manage your stress and then you have to consult an infertility specialist and go to an IVF centre so that all the tests are being done at the single time and where the problem is diagnosed and you are treated properly.
What are the treatment options available?
Suppose, the lady is not ovulating at the proper time so we do certain medications so that you can ovulate and then we do the follicular monitoring and then we tell you the fertile period. If the sperm count is less and the ovulation is not proper, then we can give you certain injections so that the egg ruptures and we can do IUI i.e, Intra Uterine Insemination . The Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is second option if the tubes are blocked and if the infertility is more than 3 to 4 years of duration. You can go to an infertility centre like an IVF centre we can do an IVF i.e, In vitro Fertilization, where we extract your eggs, match with your husband’s sperm and create an embryo and transfer in the uterus of the patient and they can conceive.
These days the success rate of IVF is very good and especially at our centre, it is brilliant because we treat you. Basically, we modify your lifestyle also we modify your stress level and then we treat you and the success rate is very good. In cases of male infertility, the Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is a very good technique to be opted for. In this, we inject the sperm directly and then we create embryos into the wife’s womb and they conceive very easily. So Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is the basic technique which should be used in like olygospermia where the counts are decreased and motility is decreased.
So, I am also available at Lybrate . If you want more information and any help our center is having all the facilities available.
You can consult me at lybrate , you can take appointment. You can consult me online; you can give a phone call.
All the best and stay healthy.
Dear sexologist, my wife not like anal sex. She like that I licked her anus in my tongue regularly. .how I clean her anus to licked her anus. Please give me strong recommended methods to clean. She like very much. So I want to give her happy. Its her wishes.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.
Doctor said I am 4-6 Weeks Pregnant with a BHCG Value of 324. On the day of testing morning I had One drop of Blood. Later in the evening again one drop and next day morning also I had one drop. Kindly Suggest, Is this normal to have such or it could be dangerous.
My wife has cyst in ovaries and fibrgolia in uterus. My doc says it is because of hormonal changes in females I hope it is not caused by masturbation in females and secondly it is uncommon in female as compared with mens.
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.