Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Annie Shawl
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Annie ShawlYour feedback matters!
The immune system within your body is what protects you from all the attacks of various microbes from the world outside. However, the immune system itself can face problems and can defend the body only so much. Thus it is wise to add some homeopathic medicines and help the immune system fight the possible intruders better.Let's have a look at some of them:
- Gelsemium:This medication is extracted from the vine Gelsemium sempervirens, and is known as a very effective remedy when you have flu like symptoms with the cold such as, exhaustion, body ache and fever.
- Arsenicum album:A very well known remedy for food poisoning as well as other digestive disorders, Arsenicum album can be very effective in treating a wide variety of stomach related illnesses caused by the reaction to foreign microbes.
- Oscillococcinum:This medication contains trace amounts of duck liver and heart and is known to be a good immune booster. Effective in the cases of cold and flu like symptoms, oscillococcinum can effectively treat fever with flu and other symptoms, although it may take a bit of time for it start acting. It is thus best to consult with your homeopathic doctor before starting a course.
- Allium cepa:If you have flu like symptoms with teary eyes and nasal congestion, Allium cepa is a very good remedy. You have to take a few doses before the symptoms start subsiding. One dose contains three to five pellets and you might have to take about two to three doses daily for a couple of days for the symptoms to subside.
- Combination medications:There are multiple medical combinations, which can help you boost your immunity as well. Consult your Homeopathic doctor to get the best combination for your specific condition. Some of these combinations are:
- Calcarea Carbonica 30-1 dose, Phosphorus - 1 dose,Lycopodium 30-1 dose:This combination is very effective in treating sensitive colds where fever may or may not exist but causes extreme nasal blockages.
- Lycopodium 30, Sabadilla 30: This combination is very effective when the cold and nasal blockages are due to pollen sensitivity and occur during the pollinating season. This can be used in a regular dosage to not only stop the symptoms but to also stop the allergy from happening in the first place.
I usually have regular menstrual period but for this month I have a prolonged menstrual period can I know the reason. Please suggest.
I am 27 year old and my vagina has enlarged causing sexual problems between me and my husband. What should I do?
In 2 month of pregnancy .How much intake of folic acid in a day, gynecologist advised only 2 mcg daily. And HB 11gm. Please advised me for folic acid and iron daily dose.
My friend age is 43 and has strated menPause early age just fot married last year can she have a child
I'm 29 week pregnant now. Daily I take iron and folic acid supplements. Can you suggest me the correct dose. L'v gone through 3 doctors. They are prescribing different doses of iron and folic acid each time. Confused to take medicines. Does it cause any harm to my baby if I have exceeded dose of folic acid everyday?
Hey am 35 week pregnant. Today I had done my 9th month scanning.in that 1 layer umbilical cord is rounded by baby. Is that is a problem. I was totally tensed. Pls say a rly.
Cervical cancer refers to the type of cancer that spreads through abnormal cells, which may be found in the lining of the cervix. This affects the lower part or the womb of the body. This may also be medically known as the uterine cervix. This kind of cancer is considered one of the most preventable ones. There are various kinds of screening tests that can help in early detection so that the symptoms become clear and the problem can be treated before the cancer spreads or malignancy sets in.
Read on to know more about the various screening measures that can help in treating and preventing the same.
- Pap smear test: This is one of the most recommended and easiest tests conducted for cervical cancer screening. The pap smear test is recommended for all women who have been through child birth. In this form of screening, the doctor usually takes a sample from the cervix of the patient. This will be then be put through a lab test to find any kind of anomalies in the cells of the cervix. This test is also strongly recommended on an annual basis for women who are going through menopause, as this is the time when the cells undergo maximum changes.
- HPV test: The HPV test can be conducted along with the pap smear test so as to find out if the HIV virus is active as well.
- Pelvic exam: In order to conduct screening for cervical cancer, the doctor may also ask the patient for a pelvic exam. In this test, the doctor checks the various areas like the uterus, the cervix and ovaries so as to ensure that there are no anomalies and irregular changes in these areas or organs of the body. This exam can help the doctor in finding any changes that may point at the risk of developing cervical cancer.
- Reading the test results: The doctor will usually take a look at the test results before making a clear diagnosis and recommending a course of medication or other kinds of treatment so as to prevent the spread or onset of cancer. For cases where this type of cancer has already progressed to a great degree, the doctor will usually recommend chemotherapy as well as radiation and sometimes, even surgery.
When should you get a screening test done?
Once you are above 21 years of age or have had a baby, it is imperative to get a screening test done at least annually. It is also important to get this done once a year if you are going through menopause. The doctors may ask you not to go through a test, if your previous three tests have been clear. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!