Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Annie ShawlYour feedback matters!
I had uti 30 days back and took taxim o 200 mg twice a day for 5 days and got cured, on visiting a doctor. Now again i got uti, can i take taxim or same dose ? is it okay to take antibiotic again in a gap of 30 days?
What could be the reasons for a 16 year old to have extremely dark red (blackish) bleeding during periods? There are symptoms of irregularity too & the patient doesn't drink water at all. The patient has complex sexual abuse history.
I'm 24 years old. Before my periods I always get painful discharge. It's like white cottage cheese. I have painful intercourse during this time. And every time it happens like this. Please help me.
Hi, I'm 26 years old. Mere last periods may last me hue to jo k June first tak the uske baad se meri dates nhi aayi. maine pregnancy test bhi kiya. Its negative or ek meprate naam ki dwa bhi li last five days tak but nothing happened. Kindly help me with this.
I m suffering from pcod from 2 years. Now I want to conceive. But my periods are not regular and pregnancy test also negative. Now my Dr. suggest mi Meprate for 5 days. Please suggest any medicine to regulate my period and pregnancy.
I am a 4 months pregnant and I want to know that what is the diet I need to follow? And I am also having pcod problem. Do I need to use any medication for pcod?
Hi am 26 old male from Delhi, mt question is one week back I had sex with prostitute and while having sex the condom got tore nd I immediately taken out penis from vagina, but am getting fear that I may get effected with any sexually transmitted diseases or HIV ,I request you to advise me proper precautions or suggestions so dat I may not get effected with the diseases.
My wife is 6.5 week pregnant and no heart beats are seen yet, 2 months earlier she has gone through a miscarriage followed by a curating and heart beats were seen that time at 6.4weeks. This time we meet the Dr. at 5.1week and he call us after one week, when we visited the Dr. the size was 158mm and the week was showing 6.5 instead of 6.1week, the doc is saying you can't keep baby for 6 months after curating, so he is saying I can't say anything, please guide me.
It's not that you feel the same responsiveness while having a sexual relationship with your partner like you used to have earlier; impotency in women can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain your relationship with your partner.
If you know what impotency in women is, it will be helpful for you to get it treated:
- Inhibited desire disorder: Most women who are impotent in sex have almost no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are illness, tiredness, depression, anxiety, stress, relationship disharmony, and drug or alcohol abuse. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they lose the sexual desire. Medication and child birth can also be another cause for this. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also sometimes leads to impotency among women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. The main cause of the pain is that the womb is not able to lift up, and the discomfort for this does not allow the walls of the vagina to swell and allow the penis to enter the vagina. Mainly lack of lubrication and endometriosis is an important cause for such a pain. You will have superficial pain when there are issues like genital herpes, muscle spasms and other such problems. With experience of such pain, many women fear the feelings of intercourse, and they start lacking the sexual desire in total.
- Lack of ability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm with the penile penetration. The truth is that it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women while having sex do not reach the climax! Women who love their partner without getting orgasm during sexual intercourse may feel different. And gradually they lose their desire for having sexual relations. There are a few factors like poor blood flow to the vagina, hormone imbalance that create this problem.
If you are facing any of the above problems, you may be suffering from impotency. However, do not get threatened as you are not alone, and getting to your doctor will help you out of such problems.
My wife is having thyroid. T3. T4. FT3. FT4 are in range. But TSH is high. It is 6.3. What should be done? Is it hypo or hyper. What care should be taken? Is it OK to have baby in this condition.
Hi, I has unprotected sex during middle of my last cycle as ovulation occurs then and was expecting to be pregnant. But my period started on the planned date and the flow is slightly less but not much. Can I be pregnant or can there be some other complication around? Please suggest.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.
I am not getting periods in correct time. Can I know reason? After 2 months only I am getting periods.
Sir/ma'am I had foreplay with my girlfriend, it included oral sex by both of us. But we didn't had an intercourse, my gf is scared that what if my finger has entered her vagina and got pregnant. Its been 8 days this happened. I gave her plain mifepristone tab 100mg. Shall I tel her to take the tab. N does t help? As far as I know it was safe but wat if my fingers had sperm. Her menses ar b\w 21-25th of every month. This was happened 8days back I.E on 5th of thz month.
Dear sexologist, how we will be do anal sex without pain. We used condom but also my wife deeply got pain. While sex how she control pain. Kindly suggest me notes.
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.