Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Nanda
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur NandaYour feedback matters!
He is very soft spoken familiar and very convincing to the patient and his family...I could not compare him with “Good “ but he is more then ...” Angel” I had lumbar canal stenosis since last many years, I could not walk even 10 meters and forgotten walking..! I got operated by him and within a day I walk nicely and do day to day work
I have an back problem I am very fatty and my wait is 90 kg I want to loose weight it and losses my tummy give me answer frm my back pain.
Middle back pain indicates a discomfort or pain in the junction of the rib cage and the spine. This area is also known as the thoracic spine. The level of pain can vary from chronic, acute to mild depending on the nature of the underlying cause. With a right diagnosis, there are plenty of treatment options available to arrest the pain and aiming at a permanent cure.
Probable reasons for middle back pain?
- The lifting of heavy objects repeatedly or improperly can cause damage to the blood vessels and muscle tissue resulting in frequent pain in the back area.
- Discs are located in between the spinal vertebrae. They act as a cushion against shock and help in physical movement. An injured disc results in leaking of the liquid nucleus in its outer casting. This results in a strain in the surrounding tissues, ligaments and nerves pose a serious threat to the spine. A disc injury poses severe pain and discomfort in the middle back region.
- Often high impact accidents or violent falls can result in a vertebrae fracture. This kind of fracture necessarily has a co-relation with spine fracture and can result in intense middle back pain. In certain cases, a fractured vertebra can affect the spinal cord as well.
- Patients with osteoporosis can suffer from middle back pain too. This is a condition where the failure to regenerate old bone by the body poses a threat to the individual.
- People who are aged often faces middle back pain due to a condition such as the spinal stenosis- narrowing of the spinal cord.
- A condition known as the spondylitis that leads to inflammation of the spinal joints might lead to pain in the middle back area.
- Problems such as scoliosis can result in middle back pain. This happens due to the disruption of the weight distribution of the spine.
- Even tumors can upset the basic architecture of the spine leading to pressure on the tissues, nerves, and ligaments that result in middle back pain.
Symptoms of middle back pain:
Some of the typical symptoms of middle back pain include muscle spasms, sleeping problems, the stiffness of muscle in the morning, fatigue, weakness, tenderness, numbness in the back area, headache etc.
Probable causes, detection, and cure:
Some of the probable causes of back pain include obesity, family history, pregnancy, sedentary lifestyle etc. Over the counter medicine, heat and ice treatment, massage etc can be initially tried to get relief from the pain. If this does not fetch any result, a doctor must be immediately consulted. A Doctor first goes for a physical exam to understand the origin of the problem. He can recommend imagery tests such as MRI scan, CT scan etc. to further ensure the root cause of the problem. Once this is done, a doctor might suggest minimally invasive procedures such as fusion, discectomy, and microdiscectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!