Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur GuptaYour feedback matters!
After I wake up in the morning I have a lot of urine to pass out. It may take even 10 minutes. Other times no such issues. Is this normal or what can I do?
My father age 65 suffering from kidney diseases with creatine 9, blood sugar under control, hyper tension, thyroid problem, and nimoniya. Pls tell me that haw many chances for his survive or how long he will life pls help me.
I am 60 years old with bypass heart surgery and diabetic for 30yrs. At present my two kidneys have failed and taking dialysis treatment weekly thrice in hospital. My creatine level is 5.3 and urea is 79 and other electrolytes are normal. please suggest me medicines so as to forgo the dialysis. With regards, k. Subbarao 8971694254.
I am 25 years old unmarried female, having burning sensation while urinating since a week. I had to travel to some other city. And I developed these symptoms after the journey. There is a light greenish discharge plus itching genitalia. What to do now?
My creatine is 1,7 how to reduce it in ayurvedic allopathy homeopathy way and little prostate problem is there. Please guide me. Thanks.
I have infection in my intestines and kidney. A slow pain I keep on feeling every time in my stomach. I have to go to motion 3 or 4 times in a day. What should I do?
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.