Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Bahl
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur BahlYour feedback matters!
I'm a 19 year old girl. I'm diagnosed with Fibroadenoma in my right breast. The size is 54*46 mm. I'm using homeopathy medicines since 4 months and the doctor is saying that the lump will be dissolved in another few months. For second opinion I consulted another doctor who said Surgery is the better option. Should I just wait for few more months or get the surgery done. I personally want to get rid of the lump.
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a Ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through Ayurveda are mentioned here.
- Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many Indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in India since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
- Green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant: Green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is not only used in Ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.
Good morning everyone, my name is Dr Ninad Katdare I am a cancer surgeon and I specialise in gastrointestinal cancers and gynaec cancer and something called as peritonial cancers. So today I will be telling you about ovarian cancer so basically I am a surgical oncologist I work at 5 different hospitals in Mumbai first is Global Hospital second is Raheja hospital at Mahim third is H.N. Reliance hospital at Charni Road and BSES MG hospital in Andheri and SCG hospital at Borivali. So let's start our lecture on ovarian cancer, basic early ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women and you must know about it and it is the most deadliest of the cancers the maximum number of women would die from gynaecological cancer are due to ovarian cancer. So I will speak mainly on the various aspects the staging and the treatment protocols, so to begin with ovarian cancer can be in four stages. There are stages by something called as the Figo staging which you will see in next slide. So the Figo Staging stages the cancer according to where it is localised to the ovary or whether it has spread to the pelvis or out side of the pelvis into the rest of the abdomen and the last stage 4 stage is when it spread beyond the abdomen. So in the first three stages you can potentially cure the patient. So there are very vague signs and symptoms to ovarian cancer they can be persistent distinction of abdomen, wake pain in the abdomen, constipation for a pro long duration of time, vague, aches and pain in the abdomen. So if you have any of this problem you should get it evaluated by a gynecologist or surgical oncologist. The first most commonest test which we do is a tumor marker called as CA 125 and sonography of the abdomen if there are any suspicious finding then the second investigation which is commonly done whether it is CT scan or an MRI. So based on these two test and on the clinical examination you are able to stage the disease, if there are some doubtful findings where the ovarian masses can be secondary to cancer in other organs of the body like the stomach or a colorectal cancer then the endoscopy of the stomach or the colonoscopy of the colon will required. So once the diagnosis of ovarian cancers confirmed for stage 1 stage 2 and stage 3 the first step is always surgery, contrary to the routine treatment protocol which are done in India especially for stage 3, we always prefer a surgery this surgery is called as cytoreduction. Basically, even if there is water in the abdomen which is called as ascitis, but if the diseases is of table which is evaluated by the MRI and by the laparoscopy. So even in statge 3, the chemotherapy should not be given first because if you do the surgery first and we are able to remove all the disease the survival of the patient is much higher. Though cytoreduction is a not possible in each and every patient but in selected patients if you can remove the whole disease the survival live in the stage 3 ovarian cancer is almost more than 50%. So basically what we do in the cytoreduction, is we open the entire of abdomen and remove all the diseases not only the ovaries we remove the uterus and also something called as a omentum we remove the appendix and if required we remove the inner lining of the abdomen called as peritonium and any other diseases which is present in whole the abdominal cavity is removed through very supra major surgery called as cytoreduction which may last for anywhere between 6 to 10 hours. But if you are able to remove each and every part of the disease visible to the naked eye then the cure its even a stage 3 ovarian cancer are very high and once the surgery is done and the patient recovers from that you can give chemotherapy. Even in stage 4 cancer we have new technologies available where in we can try for a cure, this therapy is called as a Hipec therapy. What is Hipec stands for, it stands for Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. In this basically the cytoreduction which I mentioned previously is done and once the procedure is over you have to use this technology and circulate the heated chemotherapy in the abdominal cavity and once this is circulated for anywhere between 60 to 90 minutes and then the abdominal cavity is washed and close like in a normal surgery. So with this Hypec and one more new technology called as Pipec, you can even get better cure its in stage 3 and in somewhere cases of stage 4 cancer. So these technologies are all done by me in various hospitals where ever. So this is how even with the advanced ovarian cancers nowadays we can get good success rates, thank you. If you want any more information you can contact me through lybrate.com.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
I am suffering from breast pain and itching so much for last one week I am only 25 years girl please tell me it reason and what to do.
Is there any permanent solution for blood cancer what are the lowest expense treatment now available in india? Is it possible full recovery in one year what are the simtames of blood cancer.
This is a commomn problem faced elderly males which results in frequent urination, specially during nights. It disturbs sleep and make the following day difficult. Sleep deprivation reslts in lithargy and drowseyness for the whole day.
Yoga and Naturopathy bring a new ray of hope for such patients.
Lie down on a mat or on the bed. Do Kapal Bhathi for 15 Minutes. But the patient has to ensure that the stroke of Kapal Bhathi is felt on the lower abdomen. This can be achieved by a little effort or training. Repeat the process a second time in the evening.
Apply hot and cold water on the point where prostrate is situated. Take a hand shower attached to Geyser and sprinkle hot water shower for 4 minutes followed by cold water shower for 2 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Start with Hot and end also with hot. Follow this twice a day.
Eat lots of Salad and fruits. Drink less water after 7 pm. Donot drink water during night time unless very thirsty. Keep your weight under control.