Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankit ParakhYour feedback matters!
I am 62 year old person ,suffering from day time chronic cough due to GERD/COPD due to which I feel that my throat is rapture due to acid re flux. I am also a hypothyroid patient. You are requested to kindly suggest the diet so that I can get rid of constant cough during the day time. With sincere regards
My 12 year old son always has dry lips at the ends What should be done He had asthmatic problem till age of 7 Is that be the reason of it.
Since 2 years I have pilonidal sinus on the below tail bone, I have taken 6 months ayurvedic medicines. But no improvements, still boil is not going, sometimes its increasing, n little puss, n blood comes out, do you have any guaranteed treatment for pilonidal sinus? please advice.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
My father is 70 year old he has asthma last 10 years Dr. Sir give me some suggestion for best treatment.
I have Diagnosed wid apthalus ulcer on tonsil took medicine but now again it is coming back with mild pain in throat. Done CBC High MPV platelet count normal, ESR 15 mm/hr.
Hello Doctor, I have done ultrasound KUB, It states. Kidneys: Both the kidneys are sonographically normal in size, shape and echo pattern. No Back Pressure Changes Seen, Central Sinus Echoes appears normal with CALCIUM SEGREGATION. Ureters: Are not Dilated. U Bladder: Shows normal contour and outline in distension, No Echogenic Shadow, Suggesting Calculi Seen. Bladder Wall is Slightly Thickened suggesting CYSTITIS. Prostatic Wt 19gms/ PVRU 28 ml d/d prostate Can you Please help me 1) To interpret this report in common language. 2) What problem report suggest? 3) What can be Treatment for this?
I have Asthma/COPD and would like to know if consuming milk/yogurt/milk products will increase phlem in my lungs. Can you please also suggest some home remedies for asthma/copd.
I have asthma can it be cured completely? and what measure I will took so that it can be not getting worst.
I have dry cough on regular basis. It's sudden for half an hour and relieved for the next two days. What should I do?
Me and my husband are suffering from tb, we both are under medication fr the past 2 months, we wnt 2 conceive. Should we conceive aftr d medication is complete?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
The symptoms of tuberculosis (TB), which is active might vary and depend on which part of the body is infected. Diagnosing TB just from its symptoms can be a difficult, as the symptoms are not for TB alone meaning the symptoms can be of other diseases as well. For the confirmation and diagnosis of TB one must get a test done for TB. However, the general symptoms of TB are tiredness, weakness, weight loss, loss of appetite, fever, chills and night sweats.
- Symptoms of Pulmonary TB: Pulmonary TB is the TB of lungs. The symptoms of this are bad cough, which might have lasted for more than 3 weeks, chest pain, blood or phlegm might occur on coughing.
- Extrapulmonary TB: The TB of any body part other than pulmonary is called extrapulmonary TB. This type of TB does not affect the lungs with the exception being the extrapulmonary TB also known as Pleural TB. General symptoms of Extrapulmonary TB are same as general symptoms of Pulmonary TB.
- Symptoms of Lymph Node TB: Lymph Node TB also known as lymphadenitis is basically the enlargement and the inflammation of the lymph nodes. This is a response to the infections especially in children. The symptoms of this might be painless slow growing lymph nodes. These swollen lymph nodes can be in the neck area, though they might also be present in the groin. Lymph node TB of the neck is also called as Scrofula or TB adenitis.
- Symptoms of skeletal (bone and joint) TB: The common and the first symptoms are pain and depend on the area of the joint or the bone affected. Often it is marked with the loss of movement and curving of the affected bones and joints. The affected area also weakens and is prone to fractures.
- Spinal TB is also called as Pott Disease or TB Spondylitis: The symptoms of this depend on the affected site and the stage of the disease. However, back pain is one of the earliest symptoms.
- Symptoms of Meningitis TB: The meningitis TB starts with classical symptoms of meningitis. It usually starts with symptoms of pains and aches, fever and vague and unwell feeling. These might last for 2-8 weeks and then the evident symptoms like headaches, seizures, vomiting and stiffness might occur.
- Symptoms of Gastrointestinal or Abdominal TB: This is marked with diarrhea, abdominal pain and bleeding from rectum and anus, though the symptoms depend on the exact site.
- Symptoms of TB in children: The symptoms depend on the type and site, though the common ones being weight loss, fever and cough.