Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankana Daga
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankana DagaYour feedback matters!
My son is 8 months old, just started showing his two teeth. But sometimes startled, shivers his body. Is it natural or else. Please advise.
I have 7yrs old son and he is suffering with adenoid transcle since 3yrs and he is taking prescribed medicines, now doctor advice is to go for surgery. Is it compulsary for the children. Once our doctor said that these transcles will cure automatically when the boy grows. Doubts ------------- 1) if the surgery is necessary how much it cost 2) after the surgery throat is effected or not 3) does it effect the other child.
Want to know about PCV vaccination for my 2 month baby.Is it is an important vaccination? ?what is the cost?
Hi, My child, is around 9 months old. He was exclusively breast mild for first 6 months. Now weaning. I do breast feed and give homemade cerelac and other homemade food. Do any formula milk is required in additional? If yes, please suggest what is good.
My son is two years old. He is qhis weight is approx 12 kg. He eats chapat & dalia but doesn't eat vegetables. What should we try for his food so that he can have all vitamins, calcium, iron etc.
My nephew is 8 months old (born on 10th August, 2017). Till date he had undergone four blood transfusion since his birth. haemoglobin comes down every 30-40th day to 7-9 level. We stay at Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh) where no treatment is available for this disease. Doctors has suggested that he should be undergoing blood transfusion throughout his life for survival and he can survive maximum 25 years like this. Please find the attached report of cough. I would be really thankful to you if you can examine his report and help us in any possible way to treat his disease, I would appreciate your confirmation. Father and mother have minor Thalassemia Infant name as in prescription- Baby of Archita (Thalassemia major) Thank You,
Me and my 3 yrs daughter are having cold and cough from more than 2 weeks.. Tried medicines given by doctors. For both of us. Still the situation is the same started pain in ears also with sore throat. i am sure my daughter is also in uncomfortable time. Can any 1 help us both.
We have 3 months baby to used the Johnson's product soap to the baby. But, few weeks ago using that soap to affect ovarian cancer to the human. So, please clear me which soup is best to the baby?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.