Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
You can continue breast feeding till 2 yr of age but after 6 month of age you can add supplementary food in addition to breast milk..
1) rice water. Dal water
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fresh vegetable soup
5)pasteurized top milk
Consistency of above mention food should be liquid initially and then gradually switch over to semi solids as age advances..
Give with spoon & bowel..
Bottle feeding must be stopped..
Hiii doctor My baby boy is approximately 4 months old. I want to asked you that in this hot weather can we give water to the baby or not. please tell me.
Hi doctor. My 3.5 months old daughter catches fever every 25-30 days. And she has got little cough too. I give her P125 drops (8 drops 3 times a day) and for cough sinarest (10 drops 3 times a day and keflor (half spoon 3 times). What should I do? I am worried since she is too small.
I have a baby girl of 9 months. She is very lean. Please suggest some food to gain some weight to the baby.
My six years old son has been passing stool in clothes in day as well as in night. We have consulted more than doctors but no result. Please tell us the possible cause of this?
My daughter is 6 months old and weighs 10 kg. She is in good health since birth. Feeding on mother's milk. Have started solid food 2weeks back. Does her weight need any concern? Also tell me if we should give her any kind of supplements.
My new born baby (13 days) is crying wen I lay her in bed. She is showing irritations. She is also crying while passing urine. Is dat is a pblm pls rly.
My children 11yr boy and 6yr girl take 1 glass milk daily after wake up. Without brushing. Is it ok.
My brother is now 8 years old but some of his teeth is not growing but the baby teeth fallen 3 months ago.Please help sir .
My 18 month baby has cough and fever since a week I visit pediatrician. Also but there is no improvement her condition I give het nebulization thrice a day also.
My son 8 months old suffering from cold and mild fever and also having motions at least 5 times a day from the last two days. Please help us sir.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.