Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi, I had sex but she was in periods, there was bit of blood on my penis. Will this situation create problem for me? Should I avoid sex during her periods?
I am 26 years old I am trying for baby since 1 yr. My period is irregular ,my doctor suggests me follicular study .at 10 day my right ovary 8 mm and left is 7 mm and endometrium t/t is 5.2 and 13 day rt ovary nd left ovary is same size and endometrium t/t is 6 mm. After that my doctor giving me hcg5000 I.u injection .Tell me that injection increases my follicle size? And when I am ovulating? Suggest me any medicine and treatment for increase my follicle size soon. And this injection is safe for me or not?
There is very little awareness or action to ensure vaginal health for women. There aren't many public discussions to be witnessed and women basically survive on whatever little they know and experience.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your vaginal health, naturally:
1. Drink lots of water - our body is 70% water. And water alone is the cure to a lot of our basic health problems. To have a healthy vagina too, you should drink a lot of water. The science behind this is that mucous vaginal membranes need a lot of water.
2. Go nuts - almonds, flaxseeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and such nuts should be eaten in plenty. The essential minerals in them regulate your monthly cycle and also ensure that you do not face dryness, itchiness, etc.
3. Have garlic - we all know that garlic has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Eating them raw helps cure infections. Wrapping a clove of fresh garlic into gauze and making a sort of a tampon, inserting it into your vagina and leaving it overnight would actually cure itchiness, dryness and infections.
4. Try cranberry juice - cranberries (the pure form, and not the bottled ones) are known to be beneficial for the bladder. They also acidify the urine and balance the ph in your vagina.
5. Less sugar is good - sugars, wheat and alcohols should be avoided when trying to heal an infection. It is advisable to consume these products as less as possible. The sweetness from all these foods disbalance the ph level of the vagina. If you want your vagina to be healthy, avoid rich, processed and sugary foods, and eat a balanced diet with a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 27 weeks 5 days pregnant. Sometimes I don't feel the baby's movement for 5 to 6 hours is this normal.
I am a single. I just had a break-up with my loved one. My girlfriend. We were in deep relationship. We had immense love. But not she got married. I am missing her every fraction of second. I am hungry for love. Just love. I need that care, love. What do I do ? All negative thoughts are coming to my mind. Since I am cultured I cannot afford to do any stupid mistakes. Please help me, and tell me how to get out of it.
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 5 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 30 years my right tube removed for left tube tubectomy is done but now I want a baby for left tube reconciliation with open surgery or laparoscopic operations which is best what r success rate please tell me.
I am now 39 and my wife is 37. We have one boy of 9 years old. Now we are planning to have the second baby. She was having her last cycle in June last week. We have done her ultrasound last week. Every thing is fine. But after consulting doctor we are now confused whether to keep this baby or not. Please advise.
Homeopathic medicine is the type of medicine in which natural herbs and their extracts are used for treating various health conditions in a person. This type of medication is highly effective for many ailments that can affect an individual's health without causing any side effects. But remember that, doctors who prescribe these medicines generally offer a series of precautions that the patients have to follow so that the medicines can be fully effective.
Precautions for Homeopathy
Once you consult a homeopathic doctor, make sure that you follow the regime and rules that he/she sets for you. These precautions may be related to food, time and frequency of medicine intake, dosage or things you should avoid while undergoing the treatment. Here is a detailed look at what you might need to pay attention to:
- The regime that has been provided for the medicine needs to be followed and you must ensure that the medicines are taken properly.
- People generally tend to take overdose of the prescribed medicine thinking that it would increase the potency of the ingredients and thus treat them faster. This notion has to be definitely avoided, since the medicine prescribed needs to be taken as per the dosage recommended. An overdose can lead to side effect.
- If the doctor mentions that you must report back after consuming the medicine for 10 to 15 days, you should definitely visit the doctor on the particular day and not later. You must never keep continuing the medicine after the prescribed time period.
- In case of morning dosage that are prescribed to be taken right after you wake up, rinse the mouth with plain water and never brush your teeth or use a mouthwash. This will hinder the medicine's action.
- Medicines should be taken at least 20 to 30 minutes prior to or after a meal.
- Most of the doctors advise patients to abstain from coffee and garlic when they are on homeopathic medicines.
- Medicines tend to have better effect if they are allowed to remain on the tongue for a long time. This is the reason why doctors tell their patients to not chew the medicines.
- Never touch the medicine with bare hands.
- In case you have missed a dosage, say for the night, do not compensate by taking it the next day morning and rather take the medicine at the prescribed time.
- The sweet globules of homeopathic medicines make children to have them extra. Thus the bottle must never be handed over to children. Parents should administer the dosage themselves.
- Homoeopathic medicines should not be taken soon after smoking or drinking, if possible it should be avoided.
- Mother tinctures and liquid doses should be added in water in glass or porcelain cup, not in any metallic vessel. There is no need to keep the medicines in refrigerator.
Hello Sir, I have 2 Children. I got surgery for family planning 6years ago. Till now I am getting periods in regular intervals. I. E. 28 - 30 days. But now it is late by 11 days and till now I did not got menses. Could you please tell me the reasons for this delay and what should I do. Thanks and regards. Kumari N.
Powerful Reasons to Eat Slower:
Lose weight- A number of studies by many researchers have confirmed that just by eating slower, you'll consume fewer calories - in fact, enough to lose 20 pounds a year without doing anything different or eating anything different. The reason is that it takes about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we're full. If we eat fast, we can continue eating past the point where we're full.
Enjoy your food- It's hard to enjoy your food if it goes by too quickly. Make your meals a gastronomic pleasure, not a thing you do rush, between stressful events.
Better digestion- If you eat slower, you'll chew your food better, which leads to better digestion. This can help lead to fewer digestive problems.
Less stress- Eating slowly, and paying attention to our eating, can be a great form of relaxing. When you eat, you should eat. This kind of mindfulness, I believe, will lead to a less stressful life, and long-term happiness.
Eating quickly leads to poor digestion, increased weight gain, and lower satisfaction. The message is clear: Slow down your eating and enjoy improved health and well-being.
I have given emergency contraception to my girl friend but after that she started facing problem with irregular periods and back pain. Same times facing problem also.
Goals and attitudes:
Compared with previous attempts, how motivated to lose weight are you this time? score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely&nbsp;
How certain are you that you will stay committed to a weight loss program for the time it will take to reach your goal?
score 1 for cannot, 2 can somewhat, 3 uncertain, 4 can tolerate well, 5 can easily
Consider all outside stress in your life (work, family obligations, etc.) to what extent can you tolerate the effort required to stick to a diet?
score 1 for very unrealistic, 2 somewhat unrealistic, 3 moderately unrealistic, 4 somewhat realistic, 5 very realistic
Think honestly about how much weight you hope to lose and how quickly you hope to lose it. Figuring a weight loss of. 5kg to 1 kg per week, how realistic is your expectation?
score 1 for always, 2 frequently, 3 occasionally, 4 rarely, 5 never.
While dieting, do you fantasize about eating a lot of your favorite foods?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely
While dieting, do you feel deprived, angry, or upset?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely
Scored 6 to 16 - not a good time to diet; inadequate motivation and commitment and unrealistic goals can get in your way
Scored 17 to 23 - think about ways to boost your diet readiness before you begin
Scored 24 to 30 - bingo, your path is clear.
When food is mentioned, do you want to eat even if not hungry? score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Do you have trouble controlling your eating when your favorite foods are around the house? score 1 always, 2 frequently, 3 occasionally, 4 rarely, 5 never.
How often do you eat because of physical hunger?
score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Scored 3 to 6 - try to control the attitudes that occasionally make you overeat
Scored 7 to 9 - dieting will be easier if you try to resist external cues and eat only when you are physically hungry.
Score 1 if you would eat much less, 2 if you would eat somewhat less, 3 if it would make no difference, 4 if you would eat somewhat more, and 5 if you would eat much more:
Although you planned to skip lunch, you are talked into going out to eat.
You go off your diet by eating a fattening, forbidden food.
After faithfully following your diet you decide to test yourself by eating a %u201ctreat.%u201d
Scored 3 to 7 - you recover rapidly from mistakes, but should get professional help if you often alternate between strict dieting and eating out of control
Score 8 to 11 - you have a flexible, balanced program that is not disrupted by unplanned eating
Score 12 to 15 - your reaction to problem-causing eating events can be improved.
Binging and purging:
Have you ever eaten lots of food rapidly and felt the eating was excessive and out of control?
score 2 for yes, 0 for no.
If yes, how often over the past year?
score 1 for less than once a month, 2 about once a month, 3 a few times a month, 4 about once a week, 5 about 3 times a week, 6 daily:
Have you ever purged to control your weight by using laxatives, diuretics, or induced vomitingscore 5 for yes, 0 for no.
If yes, how often during the past year? score 1 for less than once a month, 2 about once a month, 3 a few times a month, 4 about once a week, 5 about 3 times a week, 6 daily:
Scored 0 to 1 - binge eating and purging are not your problem
Scored 2 to 11 - get professional help if these eating patterns arise more often
Scored 12 to 19 %u2013 your potentially serious eating problem needs immediate professional attention.
For each of the next three questions, score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Do you overeat when you feel anxious, depressed, angry or lonely?
Do you celebrate feeling good by overeating?
When things don%u2019t go well with others or on your job, do you eat more than you would like?
Scored 3 to 8 - you don%u2019t seem to let emotions affect your eating
Scored 9 to 11 - monitor your occasional tendency to eat in response to emotional highs and lows and find alternative activities
Scored 12 to 15 - you need to find other ways than eating express your feelings.
How often do you exercise?
score 1 for never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 somewhat, 5 frequently.
How confident are you that you can exercise regularly?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 highly, 5 completely.
Do you have a negative or positive picture about exercise in your mind?
score 1 for completely negative, 2 somewhat negative, 3 neutral, 4 somewhat positive, 5 completely positive.
How sure are you that you can work regular exercise into your daily schedule?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely.
Scored 4 to 10 - change attitudes that are blocking your way to regular exercise
Scored 11 to 16 - to feel more positive about exercise, think of ways that are fun and fit your lifestyle
Scored 17 to 20 - your path is clear to a more active life.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).