Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anju SharmaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant by two months. She has severe gas problem such as burning chest and time to time she is vomiting also. Suggest medicine and is pan 40 is safe medicine?
My wife loose her virginity loose after 1.5 years. But when it break no bleeding come from vagina . Why 1.5 years require to loose virginity. Why bleeding not come what is the reason behind that.
Hello doctor. This month I hv a imp function on 21 and I ant to postpone my period date. As last month on 20 I had periods. I ll be taking primolut n from 16 two tablet a day ie mrng and night. But I am very tensed coz my period never extend then my date. So can you pls tell me with tablet did my period extend. So that I attend function on 21.
Hi I'm 28 years old house wife. I don't have menstrual from last 2 months and I have check I don't have pregnancy also. I've thyroid problem and pcos problem. What can I do now?
I am 25 years old female. Got married in 2015 in the month of September. After 2 months I come to know I am suffering from pods and taller bladder stone . So I took treatment and it is operated properly. Both the things are cure now. But from last 6 to 7 months I am suffering from vaginal infections like small boils or itching and burning and I took several creams and medicine but it is not going .every month I suffer from this problem which is very is irrationg and restless for me. And I am not able to conceive also and my husband family is demanding for the child pls help and get out of these issues please.
I am 30. We are planning for family. Last month we tried from the 8th day of my periods to 22nd day but this month I again had my periods. I am very depressed. Please advice us.
Getting a relaxing massage can do wonders to your overall well-being and health. Whether you want to reduce stress or simply obtain respite from aches and pains, these DIY massage techniques can help you out.
1. Massage your feet with a tennis or rubber ball
To massage your feet after a hard day’s work, all you need is a small rubber ball or a tennis ball. Place the ball of your choosing under your foot and move it backwards and forwards using gentle pressure. Repeat as needed.
2. Reduce muscle stiffness with a neck massage
If you are one of those people who sit in front of a computer all day long, you can try this massage to help loosen up the muscles of your back and neck.
Begin by dropping your shoulders, making sure they are not in a hunched position. The next step is to slowly bring your chin close to your chest and stretch your neck as much as possible. Follow this step with a pressure point application on the point where your shoulders and neck meet by using only two fingertips. Release the position once you feel your muscle is relaxing.
Lastly, in a very slow and gentle manner, roll your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat as many a time as you deem necessary.
3. Opt for a head/scalp massage to rejuvenate yourself
This massage is perfect for your head or scalp and you can do it anytime, anywhere. To give yourself this relaxing massage, you need to use the heels of your palms. Place them near your temples and follow this up by giving a gentle push to the scalp in an upward manner. Hold the pose for a few seconds before releasing. Finally, repeat the motion across the entire scalp or head section.
4. Treat your headache with a face massage
When you feel like you may be coming down with a headache, this massage can help in providing you with instant relief. Using only the tips of your fingers, draw small circles along your cheekbones, hairline, eyebrows and jaws. Follow this up with a gentle rubbing of your earlobes and ears by only using your fingertips.
5. Give the muscles of your back a rest with a back massage
To relieve your lower back from the stiffness that usually arises from sitting too long, this easy to do massage is all you need. According to your preference, you can either place a tennis ball between your back and a straight hard surface (wall) or simply place it on the floor and lie on it. While putting pressure on the ball, move it around your lower back so as to release any kind of muscle stiffness you may be feeling. Do this only for a few minutes and do not overdo it as that could worsen the pain.
Whether it’s your head, knees, feet or shoulders, there’s always an easy and relaxing massage that you can give yourself to de-stress and relax.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am a 23 year old newly married women. I have itching in my vagina and for last 4-5 days. What should I do??
dear dr. have a problem of disturb menstruation cycle. from last 3 i think because of this gaining weight and unable to reduce weight by doing proper exercise please tell me proper solution for this illness.
Regular use of amla particularly in the form of the triphla churan (patanjali) prevent you from increasing cholesterol and also risk of heart disease.
I seriously can't gain weight, I am a female but I don't have well develop breast. I have lots of hair fall. What am I suffering from?
I am 19 years old girl. N I am getting irregular periods frm 2-3 months. I took advise of a gynecologist. She gave a pill bt tht only help whn I too it. M dependent on tht pill. please help me.
Hi doctor I am 23. I am pregnant n it's 3rd month ending. Can I drink amla juice or consumption of it during empty stomach? Will this affect to my pregnancy? Coz my hair fall is too much.
Hi im 37 weeks 4 days pregnant is it a right time to operate. Im not feeling much movement now in my womb im a bit worried should I consult a doc for that to operate it.in my 36 week ultrasound the baby was 3222 grams and the body of the baby was developed upto 37 to 38 weeks. My stomach is tightening a bit lot that why can feel the kicks. please suggest me what to do.
Pain during labor is different for every woman. It ranges widely from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
It is caused by contractions of the muscles of the uterus and by pressure on the cervix. It's often not the pain of each contraction on its own that women find the hardest, but the fact that the contractions keep coming and that as labor progresses, there is less time between contractions to relax.
To help with pain during labor here are some things you can start doing before or during pregnancy:
- Educate yourself: Take a birth preparation course class. Ask questions to learn about the different stages of labor so you know what to expect. The better prepared you are the more choices you have during labor.
- Regular exercise: Learn several effective techniques to manage pain during childbirth such as position changes and different breathing methods. Prenatal yoga helps strengthening the entire body, increases flexibility, gives you stamina and relaxes your mind. Join Lamaze classes being conducted at your hospital to educate yourself about the ways you can decrease your perception of pain during childbirth through relaxation techniques, breathing exercises or massage. Exercise regularly, but do not over do and stress yourself.
- Find support: Ask your husband to actively participate along with you in the birth preparation classes. Take his support while you exercise. He too would feel involved.
- Stay well nourished: Pay importance to your diet. Include all the necessary nutrients in your diet and avoid foods which are not recommended during pregnancy. Get in touch with a professional nutritionist to get your ideal diet chart designed.
- Stay calm and positive: Negative thoughts make labor stressful and intensify the pain. Labor transforms you, but you need to harness your mental strengths and stay composed. People may push all kinds of suggestions on you during labor; listen but don't feel you have to go along with them. Choose what you feel comfortable with and find the best option for yourself.
Remember, your ability to endure the pain of has nothing to do with your worth as a mother. By preparing and educating yourself you can be ready to decide how to manage during labor and childbirth.
Think Diwali and you can’t help but think of firecrackers. The festival of lights is synonymous with the bursting of firecrackers all night long. But stop a minute to think: are burning firecrackers really good for your health? The answer would be a resounding ‘No!’ Bringing out the fireworks is not only bad for the environment, the old and the infirm, and the animals all around, but it is also bad for you. Here are 5 deadly effects of firecrackers on your health that perhaps we tend to ignore every Diwali!
1. Harmful for your ears: First and foremost, you can’t deny the loud booms and bangs of firecrackers; and considering the trend these days, the louder the better. An average human being can bear noise levels of up to a maximum of 85 decibels. Sound produced by firecrackers can go as high as 140 decibels! That’s way beyond what human ears can handle, and such high levels can cause hearing impairments and even permanent ear damage. Increased heartbeat and high blood pressure are other things you can suffer from due to excessively high noise levels.
2. Injuries and burns: This is something you do know. A lot of burns and injuries take place due to unsafe practices used while bursting firecrackers. Burns on the hands and legs are pretty common, especially among children. In fact, in some serious cases a misfired rocket or a chocolate bomb can lead to massive fires, which is, needless to say, definitely not good for you and your health.
3. Respiratory and skin troubles: When you launch the fireworks one after the other, you give rise to excessive smoke. This smoke contains miniscule metallic particles, which produce very dense and foggy smog. A lot of road accidents take place because of this obstruction in visibility. The chemicals in this smog are specifically harmful for those suffering from asthma and other respiratory diseases. In fact, these chemicals can also give rise to skin rashes, sinusitis, eye infections, headaches and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD). Children and pregnant women seem to fall into the high-risk zones.
4. Stomach Problems: While lighting firecrackers, or by simply holding them in your hands, your body absorbs the chemicals they are composed of. Even washing hands is not enough to get rid of these hazardous chemicals entirely. Minute traces of these are left in your hands, which are ingested while you have your meals. This can lead to indigestion, and other digestive problems. Even the water you consume becomes tainted with the pollution in the air at this time of the year, making it unfit for consumption.
5. Other health hazards: Nausea and mental impairment, and even heart attack are some of the other things that can happen to you while indulging in the fireworks fun. Sleeping disturbance is another common problem faced at this time of the year. The loud noise gives rise to sleepless nights for many, and results in fatigue the next day.
Before watching the sparkles, colours and magical lights of fire crackers this Diwali, be sure to ask yourself, is it really worth it?
WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SAFE DIWALI!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Does Masturbation contribute to Hairloss?
Yes, during sex or masturbation testosterone levels increase and at the point of ejaculation, some testosterone is converted into DHT. If the DHT makes it to the scalp and the scalp is sensitive to DHT, the result could be increased hair loss.
Solution: You can stop masturbating or having sex (at least to the point of ejaculation.