Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anju MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My husband went fo routine executive check up. And a nodule has been detected with. A nodule in prostrate. But p. S test is normal.
Ultra sonography report: normal in shape & size with protuberant nipple there are no sub - areolarductal dilatation. Parenchymal echo-textures appear to be homogenous. Reveals few, more or less, well defined cystic s. O. L of varying sizes in both the breasts. Cyst in right lower outer quadrant: 0.61cm*0.27cm. Cyst in left upper inner quardrant: 0.80cm*0.74cm. Cyst in let lower outer quadrant: 1.24cm*1.26 cmcm. Another ill-definedhypoechoic s. O. L of size (1.21cm*0.72cm) is also seen in right upper outer quadrant. Thereare no axillary lymphadenopathy. Impression: breast cyst (bilateral) s. O. Lin right breast.
I am a 26year old women (not married). I am feeling slight pain over my left breast sometimes and it seems to be slight bigger than the right one. But I am not feeling any lumps on the breast. Whether it is a sign of breast cancer?
Did Hukkah is good for health? And did hookah take daily is dangerous for health I mean any cancer or other disease? please help me.
I want to know about the treatment of prostate cancer . His age is 85 years . Please provide a well effective treatment for this prostate cancer?
What are the reasons for getting cancer and what are it symptoms and prevention and treatment methods?
I am 21 years old female. I have a doubt regarding the consumption of caffeine (through tea or coffee). Does caffeine have any affect in breast infections or cancer because I am a bit addicted to coffee.
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.
Soon after ovulation I have pain in my legs and breast. Does this mean i'm pregnant or r these PMS? How do confirm if im pregnant before I miss my periods?
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
1. Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18.
However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
2. Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
3. Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
4. Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina