Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anju KumarYour feedback matters!
Which age is best to wean off breastfeeding? How much food have to giving while they stop breast milk?
My daughter is 9 years now, but her development neither in weight nor in height is proper. Please advice ,taking milk 300 ml daily and other food normally.
I am 14years old male and I have asthmatic problem so when I walk I can't take breath so what can I do.
Sir My child who is 7 years old is not responding normally. At the time of bathing he oppose to apply the soap and start crying. Similarly at the time of applying cream or oil on his body he treated in the same way. He became irritable. Please give advise to treat him.
Hi sir. My daughter has allergy from wheat. She is 5 year's old. Give me advice. You have any treatment for him. What should I do?
Sir my baby is jus 1 month old. He wen thru a lung infection treatment. N treatment for convulsions too. Nw he quite cure. But he not able to suck milk n not interested to take milk wit spoon also. So m very scared sir. We gave milk wit help of a tube. So when. He will start to drink milk directly. Ths my question. I mean in hw many days. .tube will b removed by doctor.
Hi doctor. My 2 year daughter has habit of thumbsucking. Somebody suggested femite. Are these medicines safe? any safer alternative. Thanks.
My son is having loose motion from 4 days. In night he is crying in colic pain. Seems he have decent ry. His stool also makes spots on floor like acid make.
My 2 year son baby urine colour is not coming as normal from morning where it is coming some what pinkish reddish. .he has not eaten anything out of his normal routine although from last few days we have started given hime threptin biscuit in milk. Pls help and guide..
My son is 11years, he is finding difficult to digest food. He is not feeling angry. I should force him to eat. liquid food he take. But not sold. Please suggest.
My two years old child is very small, and appears to be underweight for his age. What could be the cause, as I look after him very well?
My daughters (twins) 2 months old is refusing to breast feed after introducing them to bottle a week back (for supplement). What r the ways to make them breastfeed again?
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.