Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anju JainYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I got married 2 years Gon. Still no baby, I considered doctor they told I have pcod. Still I took treatment, 3 times doctor did IUI for me there's no use. Last month I not going to treatment but I use some neem leave medicine, now this month there's no periods now 35 days till today. Now what I have to do? When I want to check pregnancy test.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
I am 23 years old lady. I got married before 3 yrs. Mood is not coming to do sex . .Plz suggest me some tab.
Hi doctor, I am tharani got married since 3 years. No baby yet. Taking treatment from past 1 yr. Irregular periods. Started taking ovacare tablet from last cycle. This month I didn't get my periods still, it's 40 days. Will ovacare tablet helps me to get pregnant or it delays the period. Pls help me.
Recently I had my pregnancy test nd it was positive. Nw i'm in 15th dy of my pregnancy but nw i'm observing white vaginal discharge. Is der any side effects of vaginal discharge during dis early days of pregnancy.
I am 23 years female, non vegetarian I have started to go to gym since last one week. And I want to know the do's and do not s of gym. For eg- how many days of gym and how many days of rest for muscles? What to eat in pre workout and post workout? What to eat in dinner? Timing of workout? And which exercises to do basically? I gained 10 kgs in 1 one year. And now I want to loose my body fat as soon as possible. Please help me.
I am 4 days due to period, but m feeling cramps in lower abdomen and feeling wet down is that sign of pregnancy or periods.
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
Last periods 14 nov ko aaye the and 29 nov ko we hv foreplay not sex and abi tk periods ni aaye h 45 days ho gye h and pregnant b ni h mere wife What does this mean plzz tell.
Hi Actually My Last period is 20th March. That is first day of my period. Till now I didn't get period. I never get delay in period. Mind is regular period. But now I thought I am pregnant. So I tested through kit on 5/5/2016. But it was negative what is the reason?
I am pregnant I check up and the result is its around only a month so I do not want this child this child will be destroy by medicine?
Hi I am 29 years old female last year diagnosed with endometrioma in both ovaries (5 cm and 3.5 cm).Recently I got my other test done reports are (Day 2 of cycle) Fsh: 5.5 Lh: 5.3 Tsh: 1.96 Amh: 6.8 prolactin serum: 8.5 My Amh levels are bit high now I want to know do I suffer from pcos along with endometriosis or these amh levels are fine. Now I want to start my family what are my chances of conception? Should I go for laparoscopy?
I am 30 year old and have one baby girl 1.5 yrs old. From past 6 months m suffering from right shoulder pain. I have consulted my phycian but the pain remains the same. Even though I have taken pain killer it remains the same otherday. Also have used balms like idodex n moov, but that is just for temprory use. Please suggest me the needful. Thanks
I am having vaginal infection. There are blisters at the corners of vagina, pain burning sensation while passing urine. I am taking norflox400 since 1 day and using nuforce kit. Please suggest treatment.
Dear doctor: My wife is 29 years old and she is polio attacked person and she is pregnant now. Her LMP was 03/02/2016 and we got married on 10/02/2016 and by now she feels more than 10 weeks pregnant, but the transvaginal ultrasound shows she is only 5 weeks pregnant and doctor says the egg has just formed. Is there any possibility that the ultrasound be wrong and if yes what could be the reason?
Last night I have a sex with my husband but i'm not ready to become pregnant now, so what to do now.
I am 23 yrs I have pcod problem and bad acidity problem and my weight is 65 I want to reduce it wht can I do?
My legs are swelling and getting little pain. I am 7th month pregnant. How to get relief from pain. thanks.
It's anything but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. And if you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy at whatever time a period is late, it may be the case that — or one of the numerous different conceivable outcomes. Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- PREGNANCY: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think- you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- STRESS: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and nonessential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes the body to produce more of the male hormone, androgen. Cysts form on the ovaries as a result of this hormone imbalance. This can make ovulation irregular or stop it altogether. Other hormones, such as insulin, can also get out of balance, due to insulin resistance, which is associated with PCOS. Treatment of PCOS focuses on relieving symptoms. Your doctor may prescribe birth control or other medication to help regulate your cycle.
- EXCESSIVE EXERCISE: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- ILLNESS: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- WEIGHT: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over-production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.