Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello doctor, I have a doubt, Is first dnc leads to infertility or create any problem to getting pregnant for second time.. Please clarify my doubt..
I had tubactomy one year back n my period is regular nw this month only I have less period only 2 3 drops my husband live with only 2 days before my period. please why it's happening it never happen before. I check by scan not have pco not have a thyroid then.
My girlfriend is a virgin ,age is 22, but milk is coming from her one side of her breast. Is she pregnant? Or she have any other problems? What should we do! Pls explain.
I am 18 years and I have a boyfriend we had been quite intimate but I found out that I was not getting turned on many people suggested me that I might not be mature enough but I do not think so I am highly depressed am I asexual?
I'm 28 years old and since 3 years married and waiting for a baby. I had a baby in 2013 but due to some problems during delivery, baby is no more. Please advise.
Hello mam, I had sex with my partner on 29 may and my periods is started on that day Now my date is 30 june but still I can't get my periods is there is a chance of pregnancy Pls help me I don't want this If am pregnant then suggest any tablet pls.
I have my periods in 40 days for the 2 months before that i got my periods regularly what to do to get regular periods? and what is reasonfor that?
The catechins and caffeine in the green tea fight fat.
Green tea assists in breaking down fat from fat cells.
Green tea also burns calories.
Green tea will also reduce your intake of calories.
Green tea targets the bad fats.
I am 23 years old. I got married before 3 yrs. And I have 2 kids. When doing sex, I have no feeling? Doing sex before my hubby touches my breast. But feeling is not coming. Is there any tablet? please suggest me.
Hello. I get severe pain during my periods. I have a problem of white water discharge also. My sonography report says Uterus-50x34 mm in size there appears to be fluid collection in cervical area endometrial thickness is 7 mm. Please doctors suggest me, what should I do?
I am 26 years old girl I am 21 weeks pregnant. Due to my short cervix length (3.4cm) I had put cervical stitch. Is this safe to travel by car or flight?
If you are thinking of adopting one of the effective birth control measures, you can try an intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD is a small plastic device which is placed in the uterus and it helps in preventing the pregnancy. A plastic string is attached to one end for ensuring proper placement and for removal. An IUD can be removed easily and is a reversible birth control method. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using IUDs.
There are two types of IUDs which are commonly used. They are as follows:
- Hormonal IUDs: In case of hormonal IUDs, a small amount of progestin is released into the lining of the uterus. This hormone is similar to the progesterone hormone. This hormone helps in thickening the cervical mucus, thereby, making it difficult for the entry of sperm into the cervix. The growth of the uterine lining is slowed down, which makes fertilised eggs inhospitable.
- Copper IUDs: In this form of IUD, a tiny amount of copper gets released into the uterus. Sperm is prevented from entering the egg as they get immobilised on the way to the fallopian tubes.
- Most women who have used this contraceptive device are satisfied with them, according to surveys.
- A woman using an IUD is protected from pregnancy totally and no other preventive measures such as taking a pill every day is required.
- These devices start working as soon as they are fitted and can easily be removed.
- They can be implanted in the uterus four weeks after giving birth to a baby or after an abortion.
- Breastfeeding is safe for women using copper IUDs.
- Using IUDs enables a woman to smoke cigarettes and high blood pressure is prevented.
- Women who use hormonal IUDs experience less blood loss during menstruation and less pain.
- IUDs can be used for several years.
- IUDs are quite expensive.
- IUDs can only be removed by a health professional.
- These devices do not provide protection from any sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
- The insertion of IUDs can cause a genital infection in the uterus and lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- There are chances of an IUD getting misplaced in the uterus, which may lead to pregnancy and injuries as well. The wall of the uterus may get punctured upon insertion of this device, leading to cramping, backache and excessive uterine bleeding accompanied by pain.
It is important that you must consult a doctor before thinking of getting an IUD fitted. Several screenings and tests need to be carried out before deciding upon the IUD that would work best for you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Exams, work, parties, stress, worries – there numerous reasons because of which we do not sleep well and begin the next day sleep deprived. At times, this extends to multiple times in a week and before we realize, it poses bigger health health hazards than you can imagine.
10 health hazards sleep deprivation can lead to-
1) Induces Accidents - If you haven’t slept well the night before, you are bound to be drowsy. It is extremely unsafe to drive when sleepy, as this puts you at a high risk of meeting with an accident. Not just while driving, there are known to be more accidents inside the office, when one is sleep deprived.
2) Makes You Dumb - When sleep deprived, our senses are not alert. And when our senses are not alert, our brain slackens. Lack of sleep impairs attention, reasoning, concentration, and reasoning. It takes us time to grasp situations and facts, we tend to be dumb.
3) Poses Serious Health Threats - Sleep disorders are known to cause heart attack, heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, stroke, diabetes, insomnia and high blood pressure.
4) Dip in Sex Drive - Sleep deprivation depletes one’s energy and increases tension in the mind. This leads to lack of concentration and a massive dip in one’s sex drive. Both men and women are known to express lowered interest in sex when they are sleep deprived.
5) Ages Your Skin - We all know that one sleepless night gives us puffy eyes and sallow skin. However, chronic sleep disorder also results in fine lines, dark circles under the eyes and lackluster skin. Human growth hormones are released while we sleep. So the lesser one sleep, the lesser is the hormone released. And thus affects our skin.
6) Leads To Depression - Depression feeds on insomnia and vice versa. While good sleep at regular intervals is known to calm the senses and helps treat depression, lack of sleep at times aggravates the symptoms of depression.
7) Makes You Forgetful - When sleep deprived, one tends to be forgotten. Not a surprise since due to lack of sleep, one is not alert as it is. Scientifically explained, one needs to be in deep sleep for the sharp wave ripples to occur and sharpen one’s memory.
8) Causes Weight Gain - Studies say that the more one sleeps, the more weight they lose. And in instances of sleep deprivation, exactly the opposite happens. Sleeping less than six hours a day increases your risk to be obese, according to studies.
9) Increases Risk Of Chronic Diseases - Lack of sleep increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It is very important to sleep the required amount of hours, every night, to assist all organs to function smoothly.
10) Impairs judgement - Sleep deprivation affects focus and other senses. This in turn impairs judgment as one might find it difficult to focus while taking decisions. You might start sleeping lesser than 7-8 hours and find that your body has adjusted to it, however in the long run, it will start showing adverse effects on your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.