Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anju GoswamiYour feedback matters!
Baby potato barbecues:
Barbecues play a very important role in our traditional Indian authentic cuisine, it's not just a recipe, in fact it is an age old cooking procedure, all in all, it is a treasure.
Here's a healthy version of this delicious cute baby potatoes, I guarantee fussy eaters like kids will run at the back of you, it can be a lunch box item, chatpata picnic cherish, or a spicy starter at a friends' get together, or kitty party show stealer,
Once again I am reminding you, healthy food need not be tasteless.
Menstrual cycle is an integral part of a woman's life. Isse mahilao ki reproductive shakti ka pata lagta hai. A typical menstrual cycle has a timeframe of about 28 days. Lekin kuch ladies mein yeh timeframe 35 days tak bhi ho sakta hai. Every female has different cycle. Usually, it is 11th to 14th day, counting from 1st day of the period, are the most fertile days.
Periods are important because it signifies the childbearing age of a woman. In a normal menstrual cycle, the innermost lining of the uterus starts to thicken to prepare itself for embedding of a growing foetus. In the absence of a foetus, the lining breaks down and results in periods.
Aap periods ke baad kitne din mein pregnant hote hain ye aapke menstrual cycle ki length pe depend karta hai. Typically, in a woman with a normal menstrual cycle length of 28 days, ovulation happens around the 14th day.
Ovulation ke waqt aapki ovary ek mature egg release karti hai. The released egg sits in the Fallopian tube to meet a sperm for fertilization, jiske turant baad aapki pregnancy start ho jaati hai. While a sperm can survive in the uterus of a woman for up to three to five days, female egg sirf 12 to 24 hours ke liye available rehta hai.
Yadi is timeframe ke beech sperm, egg se mil jaata hai toh aapke pregnant hone ke chances zyada hote hain. While it may not be a great idea to try getting pregnant after ovulation, egg release hone se pehle agar aap koshish karein toh pregnancy possible hai.
Therefore, periods hone ke baad se 12th to 16th day pregnancy ke liye kaafi crucial hote hain. In case you have unprotected sex during these days, then there are bright chances that you may get pregnant in this window.
There are certain signs of ovulation that indicates that your body is the most fertile in those particular days. For example, ovulation ki date ke aaspaas aap abdominal bloating, pet ke ek side mein dard aur increases sense of smell mehsus kar sakte hain.
In addition, there is an excessive production of clear cervical mucous, which closely resembles egg white. Agar aap ye symptoms experience karein to iska matlab hai ki your ovulation date is near and you can try and get pregnant around this time.
One way to determine your individual fertile period is to keep a record of your menstrual cycle (for eight or more months, if possible). Select your shortest cycle (say 27 days) and subtract 18 from it. The resulting number—nine—is your first potentially fertile day. Subtract 11 from your longest cycle (say 30 days) and you get 19. This marks your last potentially fertile day. So if the cycles you measured over several months were between 27 and 30 days long, you would be most fertile somewhere between days 9 and 19.
This is still a very wide window of opportunity. You can narrow it further by charting your basal body temperature (your morning temperature before getting out of bed). For most women, it ranges from 96 to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. When your temperature rises slightly (four- to eight-tenths of a degree), it usually means you have ovulated within the past 12 to 24 hours.
I had unprotected sex on the first day of my menstruation, the next day it stopped coming and I waited for 5 days yet to result on the six day I did pregnancy text and it was negative. What should I do? What can I take to make it come.
Missed femilon pills on 19th day of having it. That is week 3 and only 3 more pills left and I want to stop having pill and opt for another contraceptive measure. What should I do now?
How my friend can have sex with his girlfriend without using any protection yo avoid pregnancy of his girlfriend.
Must-haves before Holi:
- A bottle of oil (Coconut/ Sesame/ Mustard/ Olive)
- Nail Polish (Colored or clear)
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Pair of spectacles, no contact lenses please
- Protect your skin and hair
It is extremely important to apply at least two generous layer of oil to your hair and scalp, face, neck, shoulders, arms, legs and any exposed area of your body, especially the insides of your ears and navel, and the area between fingers and toes. Make sure you moisturize your lips as well. I recommend coconut, olive, mustard or sesame (til) oil. Applying oil will help get the color off easily when you bathe after Holi. It will also protect your skin and hair from dryness, fizziness, roughness and irritation.
Girls, make sure you tie your hair after applying oil. Braid it or tie it into a bun to protect them from getting damaged in case someone pulls them while playing Holi.
Guys, don’t shave for 2-3 days before Holi. This would protect your pores from color granules and chemicals.
Protect your eyes
Do NOT wear contact lenses. This is because color can get trapped in the layer between your eye and the lens causing corneal infection or other eye diseases.
NOTE: In case color gets in your eyes, do not rub. Wash it immediately with cold water.
I took abortion pills and I started bleeding within 3 hour and now I don't feel any symptoms of pregnancy but I scare about my period what should I do.
I'm 30 years my problem is I'm suffering from white discharge problem with blood comes in that not to much little only but same times burning also but not much .please any medicine for this problem.
I would like to know more about anal sex, I want to perform it safely. Please guide how to do it comfortably for the first time. Also tell us what are the steps we should follow to make it very ease and very comfortable penetration like in we see in the movie. If fishers problem was there in the past, will it affect now. How to eliminate initial hurdles? Ejaculate in anas is harmful?
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I bleed too much at the menstruation time and have lot of pain in back and in stomach and bleed up to 6 or 7 days so please help me.
Hello I am 24 years old female, it's been one year trying to get pregnant, visited gyno and she prescribed me some medicines and I am using medicines from 5 months and no pregnancy yet. I would like to ask you shall I continue this med course or I should quit becoz I can't contact the same doctor now so I want to go to other doctor for treatment and I on which day of my cycle would be better to visit for all the tests?
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.