Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju Gomber
Submit a review for Dr. Anju GomberYour feedback matters!
An injury by pen-prick occurred on my left palm some years back and since then sometimes cramps set in in my both hands and legs.EMG AND NCV of both hands done,nothing found.Had had PREBAGALIN AND METHYLCOBALAMIN.Please advice.
Gm all. My aunt 35 years old is hypothyroid since 6 years .she has body pains on and off since the same duration. Last year she had plantar fasciitis. Now since few days she is having bluish fingers while having morning walk. Whom to see her and what investigations and medicines do I need to have? Ty.
I am suffering from a regular body pain specially in my legs and my lower back pain. I don't have any physical activity because of my work schedule can you please help me with this?
My baby is fourteen months old. She has temperature 99.9f. She has body pains. I am giving p125 and mega cv to my baby then temperature was down. Giving p125 stopped. Then temperature will raised. Used two megacv Syrup bottles. Again temp was 99.9f. Urine is yellowish. Is it fever or urinary infection?
My body is paining even though I took medicines. I think this is because of load of work in my sister's marriage. So please give me some solutions.
Pain can be a debilitating condition if it is not managed in a timely manner and on a constant basis. One can experience pain in various parts of the body due to a variety of reasons. While the main reason includes conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis and another nerve, joint or muscle problems, there are many other kinds of pain that may occur due to accidents and sports injuries. Disc herniation and conditions like diabetes may also give rise to pinched nerves which can cause pain.
It is not possible to constantly pop pills and get injections for the pain that lasts for a prolonged time. Yet, this does not necessarily mean that you will have to live with the pain. There are a number of ways in which you can manage pain without having to take medicines at the drop of a hat. Here are a few measures that you can take in order to treat pain.
- Weight Loss: In case you are on the overweight side, it would be a good idea to lose those extra pounds and kilos. Excess weight usually puts pressure on the affected area and creates even more pain. Therefore, if you are more fit, there is less chance of suffering from extreme pain.
- Exercise: While rest is a good thing, being on your feet and moving at regular intervals is also required in order to deal with the pain. If you are constantly lying in bed in one position, then there will be pressure on the joints and the nerves, which can create even more pain. Therefore, you should keep changing your positions and take mild to moderate exercises like walking and swimming, in keeping with approval and recommendation from the doctor.
- Rest: Taking rest is just as important as exercise. When you are going through pain, it would be a good idea to give rest to the affected area so that there is less pressure on the same. You should rest in the proper position so that one does not twist or elevate the area in a wrong way.
- Physiotherapy: This is another method that most doctors recommend. Getting the right kind of physiotherapy is important as it can help in creating core strength for the surrounding muscles and joints of the affected area. This will keep the pain, inflammation and stiffness away.
- Hot and Cold Remedies: Heat therapy and ice therapy are two recommended ways of treating pain. If the injury is new and the pain acute, then one may resort to the use of ice packs to gently bring down the inflammation. Hot showers and heat packs can also bring relief to the area so that the pain is soothed away. One should be careful while using either method so that the temperature does not cause burns and rashes.
- Maintain Good Posture: Most people have poor posture when going about their daily activities, putting unnecessary strain on their backs. Little things add up. Keeping the right amount of curvature takes pressure off the nerves and will reduce pain. Get into the habit of sitting correctly. It may not feel comfortable initially because your muscles have not been conditioned to support you in the correct position.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!