Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anju GoelYour feedback matters!
Sir I had unprotected sex with my friend after 2 days of her periods which get over 19/10 and on 20/10 I gave her pill (i pill) bcoz I didn't understand wt to do. After taking pill its going to 12 days she didn't have periods yet. And her next date is on 9/11. I am tooo worried wt to do.
I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am 26 years old. I have 2 very early miscarriage in past. I am not a diabetic earlier. But during pregnancy I checked my sugar 2 hour after taking 75gm glucose, empty stomach in morning. And it shows 186 mg/dl. Is it high? Should I need medicine to control it? My Dr. Told me to take cetapin xr 500 2 times a day. But from past 1 week I stop to take medicine. And my sugar level remain between 110-160 after 1 hour of eating lunch&dinner. So should I continue medicine or not? Is cetapin safe in pregnancy?
Hello Sir, I have two children. Recently for my wife family planning operation also completed (3 months). Now can I participate with my wife in sex or not.
PCOD, one tube removed due to ectopic. Embryo freeze since more than a year. My endometrium not growing beyond 6 mm and triple line not coming up. Tried ayurvedic for 1 year. Did 3 vasti and therapy. In allopathy tried many cycle with progynova, estradiol and Viagra tablet. Have One small fibroid. hysteroscopy and tbpcr done. Its normal. Kindly help, how ET can b grow. I don't want to go for surrogacy.
My partner had an ipill 10 months before so is it ok to give the ipill again now or its is harmful? We had unprotected sex on 7/05/17. What can be the side effects of the pill if given after 10 months.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common disorders of digestive system producing a spectrum of symptoms such as persistent and recurring abdominal pain associated with passing of motion, change of bowel habit (diarrhea, constipation, or alternating diarrhea and constipation), etc. without any apparent cause.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is the disorder of function, which means that the bowel doesn't work, as it should. If one visualizes the bowel, it appears perfectly normal without any inflammation or other structural changes. In people with IBS, the intestines squeeze too hard or not hard enough and cause food to move too quickly or too slowly through the intestines.
What are the symptoms of IBS?
People with IBS have symptoms that can include:
- Diarrhea (often described as violent episodes of diarrhea)
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea
- Belly pains or cramps, usually in the lower half of the belly, that get worse after meals and feel better after a bowel movement
- A lot of gas or bloating
- Harder or looser stools than normal (pellets or flat ribbon stools)
- A belly that sticks out
- Stress can make symptoms worse.
How does homeopathy treat IBS?
IBS can have significant impact on individual's social, personal, and professional life. Homeopathy offers proven treatment for the IBS which treats the Mind and Body connections. IBS calls for the treatment which should address the emotional stress, the stress coping system and the intestinal hypersensitivity. This is what homeopathy attempts doping exactly. The scientific and documented study shows that the homeopathic treatment helps achieve:
- Soothing of mind
- Slowing down of negative emotions such as anxiety, sadness, frustration, hyperactivity, anger, restlessness, etc.
- Helping body's stress coping system
- Alleviating the abnormal hypersensitivity of the bowels
- Relieving the symptoms of bowel hyper-motility
- Enhancing level of joyous state of mind
- Individualistic approach whereby every patient is treated based on one's case
The Homeopathy medicine works at the deeper level, bringing the deviations of harmony among various systems of body back to normalcy. The homeopathic medicine establishes a good communication between the brain and the gut, thus ensuring proper relay of signals. The positive outcome of this is that the motility of intestines becomes regular and rhythmic, thus relieving complaints of either diarrhea or constipation or both.
Moreover, Homeopathy improves the pain threshold of individual, thus alleviating symptoms of pain and cramps associated with IBS. Homeopathy medicines work at deeper level of an individual to root out root causes. The two factors that are triggering causes of IBS are emotional stress and exaggerated sensitivity to food items.
Homeopathy has very well perceived the influences of psyche on the physique of an individual. Homeopathy medicines positively influences the emotions and thinking of an individual so that the person can cope with stress optimistically. Homeopathy medicines have proven efficacy to manage mental stress and its offshoots like IBS. Homeopathy medicines aid in minimizing food sensitivities and allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Dear doctor. I am 52 year old. Had my menopause since 45 years. Bp low to normal. More of bad cholestrol. Less of good. A bit high triglycerides. Pre diabetic. Always on the high borderline. No medication whatsoever. However, I have constant heel pain. Ortho said flat foot. Suggested surgical slippers. Yet no relief. Standing for long. Walking and moving around for long. Particularly in malls and bnarefoot in temples etc, aggravates the problem. Weight wise. Slightly on the higher side. Did allopathy cum ayurved, accupuncture. Diet control like avoiding all night shade vegetables etc, all in vain. I also have this trigger finger problem on my right hand ring finger. What could be my problem. I also find difficulty climbing. Short breath. Please diagonise my problem and suggest effective remedies. Thanking you. Sincerely.
Now these days Laparoscopic surgery is commonly performed. Traditional surgeries / open abdominal surgeries are decreasing in number due to few inherent advantages of laparoscopic surgery over traditional / open abdominal surgeries:
- Smaller incisions: During open abdominal surgery, the usual length of incisions vary from 3 cm upto 18 cm, depending on the indication of surgery. Incisions given for laparoscopic surgery are small (usually 0.5 cm – 1.5cm).
- Lesser pain: After surgery, in post-operative period pain is minimal due to small incision size.
- Early Recovery: Lesser pain after surgery fastens the recovery process and faster return to everyday living.
- Lesser Pain Medication: Reduced pain after surgery amount to lesser medication for pain after surgery.
- Shorter hospital stays: Because of early ambulation and faster recovery average hospital stay remains 1 to 2 days for laparoscopic surgery (versus 5 to 7 days for open surgery).
- Lesser wound infection and hernia formation: Smaller incisions decrease the risk of wound infection and chances of hernia formation.
- Cosmetically acceptable: Smaller incisions result in less scarring and hence cosmetically acceptable scars.
- Reduced chances of Infections: There is reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants which reduces the risk of acquiring infections.
- Reduced hemorrhaging: The amount of blood loss is lesser during laparoscopic surgeries which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Less metabolic derangements: Medical literature supports the fact that there are lesser metabolic derangements after laparoscopic surgery compared to open abdominal surgery.
- Better postoperative pulmonary function: Pulmonary functions i.e. capacity to breath in and out is least affected after laparoscopic surgery which help in faster recovery from the procedure.
1). Processed meat
Different kinds of methods used for preserving and processing the meat, including pickling, curing, salting, smoking, chemical usage, etc, can also become source of cancer diseases. These preservatives have nitrate and sodium nitrite which are proved carcinogens.
2). Gmo foods
Gmo stands for genetically modified organisms. It includes all kinds of plants and their products which are developed using modern techniques from biotechnology and inter disciplined sciences. Nowadays, most of the fruits and vegetable crops are being developed using some or the other kind of genetic modification. Hence, it is good option to buy foods which are non-gmo verified and certified organic foods.
3). Smoked/burned foods
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are produced when the foods are smoked or barbecued. Such chemicals create increased risk of cancer. In the recent studies, it has been found that eating smoked or burned foods increases the chance of pancreatic cancer by nearly 60%.
4). Foods having artificial sweeteners
Those who are in misconception that artificial sweeteners are healthy compared to normal refined sugar, will have to come out of their misleading opinions. Otherwise, they would have to pay huge. Foods & beverages having these artificial sweeteners are rich in saccharin, aspartame, sucralose, etc are very much dangerous as they can cause cancers.
5). Sweetened beverages
Recent studies have shown that those who consume more amounts of soda will have more chances of getting cancers. The excess sugars accumulating in the body will form best medium for the growth of cancerous cells.
6). Fried food items
Fried food items are tasty and they also posses the risk of health disorders including cancers. Frying the food items in pre-heated oil will produce toxic aldehydes which have the ability to cause health hazards like cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, etc.
7). Contaminated foods
Usage of pesticides will contaminate fruits and vegetables. The residues of these pesticides are found on fruits and vegetables even if they are used at the time of cultivation. These chemicals increase the chances of getting cancers and also reduce iq levels in children.
8). Microwave popcorn
Popcorn bags should not be kept in microwave as the perfluoroctanoic acid (pfoa) present in these bags will have all the potential of causing pancreatic, testicular and hepatic cancers. When the popcorn is microwaved along with the bags, the toxic chemical vapors will be absorbed by the popcorn, thereby reaching our body.
9). Hydrogenated oil
Most dangerous aspect of hydrogenated oils is that they have the capability to change the cell membrane structure. Because of this reason, cells become more susceptible for cancers. Make sure to purchase foods which are labelled to be free from hydrogenated vegetable oils.
10). Canned food items
For keeping the food items intact and fresh for longer periods, canned foods are mixed with different kinds of preservatives and chemicals. Sometimes, these chemicals react with the metal of the can, thereby becoming fatal. Such chemicals can disturb normal hormonal levels in the body leading to wide range of health risks like cancers.
Hi m a married woman 24 years staying in Dubai. I have been trying to get pregnant for 7 months but I couldn't achieve and m having regular periods cycles of 29-32 days vary between each cycle's. Now started taking folic acid also a month ago. Will I need to get fertility test to achieve pregnancy. Is that safe to take clomid 50 mg to increase chances of conceiving.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"