Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anju BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 25 years old unmarried girl. I have a period problem. My periods have never been regular. sometimes my periods will skip 2-3 months or just be a few weeks late. What could be causing this and what is a safe way to regulate my periods?
What steps to be taken if I'm planning a baby, precautions n methods of how to successfully conceive, please suggest.
My cousin is running in the 8th month of pregnancy and her BP is 150.The doctor has adviced her to get admitted to get the baby delivered. We are in doubt and not convinced.Waiting for your opinion.
I have miscarriage before 2 months. I'm trying for pregnancy. Doctor given fertomid 50 tablet .Can I get pregnant with this and how to use this.
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Post period itching and slight sharp pain in clitoris. Is it due to friction from pads? I am 22 virgin.
She did not had sex just simply sheer boyfriend rubbed his penis on her bum on 21 may and se got periods on 26 may now today 24 is her expected day to get period she has not got it is there a chance that she is pregnant should last period be compared to the implantation ka bleeding there was no sperm ejaculation please help.
I took a pregnancy test which turned out to be negative from the day after the missed period and another test from a week after missed period and another blood hcg test 10 days after missed period, finally I took a home test 13 weeks later all are negative. She missed 1 period but other 2 months she bleed normally. Is it pregnancy or not pregnant. I hope to seek a answer from a doctor, please be kind enough to help me, I cannot visit a local doctor.
Hi all, I had protected sex using condom on Oct 15 2016 and I varied about hiv and I tested hiv1 and 2 with p24 fourth generation tes after 60 days ,90 days and 110 days after having sex. All reports are non reactive. Is any further test required. Can I conclude no hiv for me?
ERA (Endometrial receptivity assay)
If you have had implantation failure, we can help you
It is a state-of-the-art diagnostic method, to evaluate ,from a molecular point of view, the status of the endometrial receptivity.
ERA indicates the window of implantation (WOI), increasing your chances of successful transferThe endometrial receptivity is the status in which the endometrium is ready for embryo implantation to take place. This occurs around days 19-21 in each menstrual cycle of a fertile woman. Until now, the only study done on the endometrium was an ultrasound scan, and there was not analysis method available to help doctors in their clinical practice.
Now, during the process to treat an infertile couple, the ERA test (Endometrial Receptivity Array) leads to the evaluation, at molecular level, of the endometrial factor. This molecular tool allows us to diagnose whether the endometrium is receptive or not by analysing the expression of a group of genes related to endometrial receptivity. For that, an endometrial biopsy must be performed at P+5 (hormone replacement therapy cycle) or at LH+7 (natural cycle), and after its shipment to our installation, the expression of 238 genes is analyzed. According with these expression values, the endometrium is classified as receptive or non receptive by a computational predictor.
After viral fever pot of weakness in my wife body, face looking dark and lose glow, pain in her legs. And she is pregnant so during pregnancy can women take homeopathic alfalfa tonic.
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination