Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anju AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have a 2.5 year old nephew he is able to speak few basic words like mama ,mummy, Nana,Didi etc but he is not able to speak whole sentence or some difficult words as well can you help me with the problem and solutions.
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My son is 9 years old and studying in 4th standard. He hates school and home work. Unable to concentrate. Do not enjoy playing or making friends. Very stubborn and angry. Loves watching T V and eating. Psychologist says he is intelligent and highly energetic. Pl help to create interest in studies and sports.
Dear sir, I am 25 years old mother. I am having 2 years old daughter, she is not ready to eat food like dal-bhat and chapati. She eats with her mood. For health we are normally soaking 2 almonds at hall night and in the morning we are pealing almonds with milk and boiling the same until almonds get mixed very well. Twice in a week we are doing this. But is this ohk in this summer weather? Because of hot weather should we need to stop or having no problem. Please let me know doctor.
My baby born on 20.04. 15. She feeding through bottle. Due to mother breast no milk. Every time she crying. So whats I do.
Mera baby 4 months old h kal raat se wo sahi se nhi so paa raha sota h phr ro k uth jata h usko jab god mein uthao or agr wo hilta h to b rota h kal usko god mein uthate hue wo peeche ki taraf hya maine usko jhatke se aage ki taraf kiya kahin usko neck pr ya back pr jhatka to nhi lg gya please help me I sooo worried. please give me some home remedy also.
My son is having leg ache frm last 4 years and now a days he is suffering from headache. What should i do?
My 3 years old son is having high fever (104 degree F) for the last two days. His blood test showed leukocyte count as 32, 500/cu. Mm, neutrophils - 86%, lymphocytes - 8%, monocytes - 6%, eosinophilia & basophils - 0%, platelets - 4.03 lakhs, ESR - 47 mm (1st hour Westergren method), with reactive lymphocytes present and a CRP of 62.8 mg/L and no MP found. His urine test showed no pus cells and red blood cell (RBC). Last month also he had fever, which went up to 102/103 degree F and was given Paracetamol and Taxim -O and he was cured. What should be the line of treatment now.
Hi Doctor, My daughter is 22 months old. I have a question over her diet. As summers are at peak, my baby is not eating or drinking any thing, she only takes Lactogen- Stage 4, which is a cause of worry for me. She is becoming very weak now a days. As she is not eating properly, she is getting irritated and crying all the time. I request your help to get a solution for her healthy diet during summers. Thank You!
My son is 5 month old, we feed him by breastfeed and NANPRO 1 both. Weight 8.1 kg. Don't have cold. He has been going dark-green poop with smell after every 2 days from last 2 weeks. His pediatrician told that it's normal. Please suggest.
My baby is 2.5 month old. He feeds with bottle. please tell me what are the side effect of bottle if I properly sterilize the bottle before feed him.
Asthma is a respiratory disease that takes place with a variety of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing and coughing. It usually occurs when the airways get obstructed, which in turn leads to inflammation of the tubes. So how can you recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma? Here is a list of ways!
- Risk Identification: It has been observed by doctors and medical science that there is no specific reason for the onset of this ailment. It can be caused due to genetic as well as environmental factors. So, in order to recognise the symptoms, you will first of all have to take stock of both these factors. Find out if you have any blood relatives who have suffered from this ailment and try to find out how it started and at what age, so that you can watch out for the same warning signs. Also, if you are more prone than others when it comes to allergic conditions like rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, then you are at risk. Other risk factors also include living in a high pollution zone, as well as being overweight, smoking, working within close range of exhaust fumes and other chemicals, and other such factors.
- Symptom Identification: To be able to identify whether or not you are at risk, you must identify the potential symptoms including persistent shortness of breath, which may strike regularly. Also, another symptom is not being able to sleep comfortably due to excessive coughing and breath shortness as well as shallow breathing and wheezing. You may also experience some amount of chest tightening or constriction. These symptoms will usually get worse if you happen to be suffering from the flu or a cold.
- Respiratory Health: If you are suspecting the onset of this disease, it would be a good idea to watch your respiratory health by observing the rise and fall of your breath when you are doing energy consuming and strenuous activities like exercising or other such tasks. Sports induced asthma is an actual condition that can get worse when your lungs are faced with cold and dry air. Also, if you are facing exhaust fumes and chemicals as a part of your job, then you are at risk of occupational asthma, in which case you should watch your respiratory health very closely. These symptoms can also get worse when you are around animals and pets due to the allergens that may trigger wheezing and coughing. A lung function test can be conducted by the pulmonologist in case you are suffering from any of these symptoms and conditions on a persistence and prolonged basis.
Knowing and reporting your symptoms to the doctor is important for getting timely treatment.
Hi, My child, is around 9 months old. He was exclusively breast mild for first 6 months. Now weaning. I do breast feed and give homemade cerelac and other homemade food. Do any formula milk is required in additional? If yes, please suggest what is good.
Hi doc. My daughter is 5 months old now. She is totally on formula feed. Can I start fresh milk or amul or mother dairy milk for her? and when I can start semi solids and what yo start the in semi solids?
My son is 14 months old n he has a problem that as soon as he eats any sort of food he vomits ; he can" t take in food. So Dr. Suggested me to give him junior lanzol 15 and also a thick feed. But prob is he's not taking in any sort of feed. What should I do?
The problem of early childhood trauma refers to disturbing experiences that take place in children during 0-6 years of age. The traumas that young children experience can be the effects of natural disaster, war or accidents or that of intentional violence like sexual abuse, domestic violence or physical abuse.
How Does this Condition Impact Childhood?
Traumatic events have a significant impact on your child's life and can break his sense of safety. The problem has been linked with a decrease in the size of the brain cortex. This is the part of the brain that controls several complex functions like thinking, consciousness, memory, attention, awareness, and language. The changes that occur as a result can affect your child's IQ as well as his or her ability to control emotions. As a consequence, he or she may harbor feelings of danger and become more afraid or it may manifest in other personality issues which are not very obvious.
How do you identify this condition?
Generally, children who suffer from traumas face problems in regulating their emotions and behaviors.
They may display signs like:
- Fear of new situations
- Being clingy to their parent(s) or somebody close
- Become easily frightened
- Display aggressive and/or impulsive behavior
- Are difficult to comfort
- Display deterioration in behavior and functioning
- Easily forget newly attained developmental skills
- Difficulty in sleeping
Depending on the age during which your child may go through a traumatic event, he or she can exhibit signs relevant to his or her age.
Children aged 0-2 years may also display reactions like poor verbal skills, memory problems, excessive temper, experience nightmares, etc.
On the other hand, children aged 3-6 years can face difficulties in learning as well as develop poor skill and learning disabilities, face problems in social interaction, may be unable to trust people and so on.
If this condition remains unattended or unresolved for longer, it may create personality issues and can deeply impact the individual's relationships, or equations in the society, as they grow up and even after they become adults. In fact, many behavioral problems can be traced back to childhood trauma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.