Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi, I am a 24 years old married lady. I hadn't got my periods for 3 months. But I was not pregnant. I visited a gynecologist, he gave me medicines called meprate10, folic acid and zincovit. Doctor told me that after consuming 10 meprate10 for 5 days, I will definitely got my periods. But till now I don't get. I have completed my medicine course for 3 days. Please suggest what to do?
I get irregular periods. Sometimes after 1 month. Sometimes the flow is not proper as always. Can I get trouble in future due to this in having baby? I do masturbation too. Does it effect my periods?
I'm 27 years old female having a 7 year old boy who is still breastfeeding. I got a pain on my left breast at the side of the breast near the armpits for 2 days. Is it serious? Do I seek medical attention for this?
My wife is feeling like vomiting every month before arrival of periods, is it natural or something is behind it?
I am 25 year women. Today I went to toilet. Too difficult to coming stool from anus. Finally I saw blood and small blood clot (like menstruation time) in toilet. What is the reason? if any problem? my last menstruation cycle may 21.
Hi Intercourse last on 14th july. Was on pills. Pill pack ended on 28th july bleeding from 1-6 aug. No pills or intercourse after that. Next period due on 1st sept as it did not occur till 8th Did a serum beta hcg on 8th sept (last intercourse was on 14th july) Usg showing pcod same day. Usg on 21st sept also showing pcod only. As I was feeling shortness of breath and gassy. I did several hpt. At 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks from last intercourse as well as today. Also. I always used hpt with first morning urine and checked with 2 brands prega news and ican Prega news had always shown negative. But ican from 11th weeks (may be have not noticed earlier) showed very white line on test area within thw manufacturer time limit. It was their on 11 weeks, 12 weeks and now 13 weeks from intercourse. Sometimes their is a single white or grey line on test region or their are 2 lines on test region. No intercourse after 14th july. 2 bleeding which continued for 5-6 days. Is their any risk that m pregnant? Do I need to repeat the test? Moreover in the store the kit is store in refrigerator but I generally store in bag coz its not possible for me to store in refrigerator. Will it affect the result?
After 3 months of pregnency in my scan i came to know that there is a septum in my uterus is there the chances for miscarriage in future
She is getting pain in her stomach since last 2 months. Every day she is getting pain in her stomach. This has happened after our first sex encounter before 2 months. After than she is getting pain continuously. She has proper periods but unable to find the reason of her pain. After that we both have never been in sexual relations as of this pain. Please suggest something Thanks a lot.
be active. don't be lazy in doing regular exercise
Here are danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist:
1. Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
2. Abnormal vaginal odour - Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
3. Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
4. Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
My wife age is 27 year old and she is 1 baby (2.3 year. After operation her bely is so big, how it reduce the belly.
hello. I have pcod my age 21. I took deviry 10mg for 5days since I do not hve periods since 3months. I got periods aftr 10days stopping tablet. Bt the problem is when I go to bed its ok when I get up from sleep there is an heavy flow. Is this any problem please suggest me.
Hi. Am just married and in first night I have inserted my finger to my wife but there was blood. Is this normal? Should I consult doc?
My period date is on 25 th of this month and on 18 th I had a vomiting after my break fast. Is this a symptom of pregnancy?
I am 20 years old unmarried I did not. Get my periods last month is there any medicine in this please help me.
Does lifting heavy weights in gym and doing weight training for 1 year along with huge weight loss make the vagina loose? I am a virgin.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.