Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjani SachdevaYour feedback matters!
On a pain scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most severe, labour pain is one of the most severe pain forms. Most women would agree that life after childbirth feels like a second lease of life. Life takes a complete turn after childbirth, with the added responsibility of having to care for the newborn. In addition, the mother herself has a lot to recuperate from, including the stress of pregnancy and the pain that was endured during delivery. The uterus, which expands to accommodate the growing baby shrinks back to its size which causes severe pain.
While there are chemical medications to the rescue, homoeopathy also offers an effective remedy to manage this phase of life. As with all conditions, homoeopathy believes in treating the individual as a whole and not just provide symptomatic relief. Your homoeopath will ask you a number of questions to arrive at a diagnosis and base treatment on that, which is highly customised.
While the following four products are commonly used, it is always advised to not self-medicate in homoeopathy.
- Caulophyllum: Made of Blue Cohosh, this is commonly used during pregnancy and post labour. During labour, it is helpful if the labour is not progressing with the lack of cervical dilation and irregular contractions. Post labour, it is used if the patient has erratic, shooting, or wandering pains that are unbearable. These pains are also coupled with nausea and vomiting. The pain is, however, intermittent and sharp. The patient will be very hungry, chilly, thirsty, weak, exhausted. The woman will also be nervous and excitable.
- Cimicifuga [Cimic]: This is useful in women who have postpartum pains that are intense in the groin area, thighs, hips and back. It helps in cervical dilation and reducing rigidity during examination postpartum. The woman is apprehensive, confused, and paranoid.
- Pulsatilla: Made from the windflower, it is useful in women who are tearful, sensitive, shy, affection, and requires reassurance. When this reassurance is lacking, she might feel sad, alone, anxious, fearful, or abandoned. There is also an expectation of hugs, consolation, and self-pity. The pain worsens around dusk, the patient craves fatty foods and wishes to be out in the open. There could be other symptoms including varicose veins, nausea, chronic chest congestion, runny nose, and headaches.
- Sepia: There is a severe, bearing down pain as if the uterus and everything along with it would just pop out. The patient would have severe depression, indifference to the baby, might have never wanted the baby in the first place. She would be sad, offended easily, and irritable. She might have had children with short intervals.
Talk to your homoeopath and there are definitely ways to relieve the postpartum pains completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy Exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi Took premolut n for 5 days 3 tablets a day still did not got my periods. How long I should wait for periods if still did not got periods what can be the possibilities of getting periods.
I am 22 yes old. I am suffering from irregular periods but from last two months my periods time is not stopping 15 - 20 days and rest a little bit. Overall is 30 days (i mean there is no gap between other, next month period but only difference is that bleeding is more). So please suggest me a remedy for this.
Hi I am Dr. Parul Katiyar. I am a senior IVF specialist in Max Hospital Delhi and in Max Gurgaon. So my interest is basically into preserving fertility and this is what i will be talking of in today’s discussion.
So what is fertility preservation? Fertility preservation is a process of preserving one’s eggs, sperms or any other reproductive tissue, which can be used for child bearing later on in life. It is a very important tool for preserving fertility for individual’s or persons where in child bearing is not likely to happen in near future however they would like to preserve their option of having a biological child in future. People who benefit from fertility preservation are people suffering from cancer because treatment for cancer is toxic to the eggs and sperms and therefore may lead to a permanent damage in one’s reproductive organs. Such people once they are cured would like to have their own biological child and therefore if they undertake fertility preservation before embarking for a cancer therapy, it is very useful for them. It is also helpful for women who want to delay their child bearing because of social reasons, career prospects or because they have not been able to find out the right partner as of now.
Women undergo biological aging and as the age advances the chance or the probability of becoming pregnant with one’s eggs will decline. Therefore, a woman who has frozen her eggs would be able to use those eggs later in life once she is ready to have her own child. People suffering from certain genetic diseases and immune disorders like LUPUS will also benefit from fertility preservation because genetic diseases may lead to a decline in one’s fertility at an accelerated rate and treatment of lupus and other immune disorders may again be toxic to one’s reproductive organs.
How do we preserve fertility? The various tools that are being used to preserve fertility in men are, most importantly, is the sperm cryopreservation or Sperm freezing. In this procedure what happens is that the man will have to ejaculate and produce a sperm sample in a laboratory and that sample is then processed and frozen in liquid nitrogen at -190 degree centigrade and preserved for whatever time they want to keep it. Freezing the sperms or any reproductive tissue has come out in a big way and it is very safe and with very good outcomes whenever those sperm samples or reproductive tissues are thought back and used for fertility.
The other important tool that is used in men is called Gonadal sparing, where in in individuals who need radiation therapy, the radiation is directed in such a manner that the organs that produce the sperm i.e. the testicles are spared in such a manner that there is testicular sparing, and therefore the spermatogenesis is not as badly effected as it would be if we do not take care of that. The tools for preserving fertility in women are first, embryo cryo-preservation; this is one of the most standardized technique for preserving one’s fertility.
In embryo cryopreservation, we inject the women with hormones so that they are able to produce multiple eggs and then those eggs are extracted and then fertilized with husband’s or partner’s sperm and then these embryos are cryo-preserved. However, in women who do not have a partner, they can undergo an oocyte cryopreservation as well. In oocyte cryopreservation, the same process is followed; however, as there is no partner, the eggs are frozen without even fertilization, which has become one of the most successful therapies for women who are undergoing cancer therapy at a young age or women who are not ready to have a child. Another technique that is being used is ovarian cryo-preservation or ovarian tissue cryo- preservation. The purpose of ovarian tissue cryo-preservation is that the entire ovary is taken out and then it is cut into slices and that ovarian cortical l tissue is then frozen in liquid nitrogen so that it can be re-implanted into the body of the women once she is ready to have the baby.
So these are various techniques, it’s an ever evolving field and we will have more and more of fertility preservation techniques that will come and help people conceive at a later stage in life. It is very aware that all of us make ourselves aware. As this is a very interesting field and has got a huge scope for a lot of people, it is very aware that all of us make ourselves aware of such technologies that exists.
Any woman or a man who is wanting to preserve their fertility can consult me, I am available at Max Hospital on all days and you can contact my on Lybrate, you can contact me through an SMS, you can chat, you can video call or you can even visit me at my clinic at Max hospital.
LIKORIA (leukorrhea) is a medicinal term that signifies a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defence mechanism that the vagina uses to keep up its chemical balance. It also safeguards the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It might also be due to irritation or blockage of the vaginal mucosa.
There are such a large number of reasons for leucorrhea, the most common one being increased estrogen. The measure of discharge may really increase because of vaginal disease or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), in which case it turns out to be more yellow and has a foul smell. Here are ten herbal cures for Likoria:
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds enhance the pH level in the vagina and are known to influence estrogen levels. Drench one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following morning, strain the water and include one and a half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Amla Root: For treating leucorrhea you need to take one tablespoon of amla root and absorb it in an ounce of water for eight to nine hours. Strain the root and drink the water each day until your symptoms come down.
Lukol: An ayurvedic concoction, which is a blend of a few intense herbs, Lukol is known to get rid of the pain from the side effects of leucorrhea.
Amaranth root: Amaranth root has antibacterial properties that helps in treating diseases. Its compounds help in the mending of reproductive organs. Grind amaranth root and add to water. Drink twice per day, morning and night for better results. Amaranth leaves and its branches can be added to boiling water for the same impact.
Coriander seeds: Coriander seeds are extremely helpful home cure for leucorrhoea. Absorb the seeds in water overnight. Strain and drink this water the following morning on an empty stomach. This should be taken for no less than one week for better results.
Amalaki powder: Take some amalaki powder and mix it with honey or sugar. Add it to a glass of water and drink. It can also be added to milk or used as a paste to be applied on the vaginal tract for better results.
Asparagus: Blend and boil asparagus with somnifera withania. Drink this for effectively treating this condition.
Turmeric powder and garlic: Blend turmeric powder with garlic. This is effective when the white release is thick and irritating.
Walnut leaves: Walnut leaves have astringent properties, which are helpful in getting rid of infections and treating leucorrhoea. A mix made by soaking the leaves in water and boiling for around twenty minutes. This can be strained and used on genital areas.
Different Herbs: Lamium album, White weed and Tiger lily are different herbs used for the treatment of Leucorrhoea. They should be used under the direction of naturopaths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Does receiving oral sex from a female without condom will transmit HIV to the receiver if she is HIV positive.
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, stir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from roadside vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
दिल का दौरा तब होता है जब दिल को रक्त का प्रवाह, अवरुद्ध होता है। यह आम तौर पर वसा का निर्माण होता है, जो धमनियों में पट्टियां बनाते हैं। बाधित रक्त प्रवाह हृदय की मांसपेशियों को चोट पहुंचा या नष्ट कर सकता है। पुरुषों और महिलाओं दोनों में सबसे आम लक्षण, छाती में दर्द या बेचैनी है। परंतु, सभी दिल के दौरे अचानक, सीने में ज़ोरदार दर्द से शुरू नही होते हैं। हार्ट अटैक धीरे धीरे शुरू हो सकता है और केवल हल्का दर्द या बेचैनी पैदा कर सकता है। लक्षण हल्के या अधिक प्रबल और अचानक हो सकते हैं। भावना कुछ मिनटों से अधिक लंबी हो सकती है।
कभी-कभी लोग "पूर्णहृद्रोध" और "दिल के दौरा" के बीच उलझन में आ जाते हैं। दिल का दौरा, या म्योकार्डिअल रोधगलन, दिल की मांसपेशियों को कम रक्त प्रवाह के कारण होने वाला नुकसान है। यह हृदय की मांसपेशियों को ऑक्सीजन से वंचित करता है, जिसकी आवश्यकता उन्हें ठीक से काम करने के लिए होती है। जबकि, पूर्णहृद्रोध दिल की धड़कन को रोक देता है जिससे आसन्न मौत हो जाती है। मूल रूप से अगर दिल का दौरा गंभीर होता है, तो यह पूर्णहृद्रोध का कारण बन सकता है।
दिल के दौरे के लक्षण
विभिन्न लोगों के दिल के दौरे के लक्षण विभिन्न होते हैं। वास्तव में, एक व्यक्ति को फिर से पीड़ित होने पर पर भी पहली बार से अलग लक्षण हो सकते हैं। आपको इन लक्षणों पर नजर रखने की आवश्यकता है:
1. सीने में बेचैनी:
यह दिल का दौरा पड़ने का सबसे आम लक्षण है। एक व्यक्ति को छाती के बीच में शुरू होने वाले दबाव, निचोड़ने, पूर्णता या दर्द की भावना महसूस हो सकती है। दर्द या असुविधा आमतौर पर कुछ मिनटों से अधिक समय तक रहती है। यह जा सकती है और फिर वापस भी लौट सकती है। यह आगे बांह और पीठ, या सिर और गर्दन तक भी फैल सकती है।
2. जबड़ा दर्द, दांत दर्द, सिरदर्द:
जबड़े, पीठ या बाहों में दर्द दिल की स्थिति का संकेत दे सकता है, खासकर यदि मूल का पता लगाना कठिन हो। विशेष रूप से, अगर परेशानी परिश्रम के साथ शुरू होती है या बिगड़ जाती है, और फिर कसरत छोड़ने पर बंद हो जाती है, तो आपको तुरंत एक चिकित्सक को दिखना चाहिए।
3. सांस की कमी:
सांस की कमी या जैसे आप हवा के लिए हांफ रहे हैं दिल का दौरा पड़ने का एक सामान्य लक्षण है। सांस की तकलीफ या साँस लेने में कठिनाई, चिकित्सकीय रूप से डिस्पेनिया के रूप में जाना जाता है।
मतली दिल का दौरा पड़ने का एक असामान्य लक्षण है। आप अपच की भावना महसूस कर सकते हैं। कभी-कभी मतली के साथ डकार भी सकती है। यह लक्षण महिलाओं में अधिक आम है।
कभी-कभी मतली इतनी गंभीर हो सकती है कि आप उल्टी भी कर सकते हैं।
आप थकान या यहां तक कि हल्कापन भी, बेहोशी के साथ या बेहोशी के बिना महसूस कर सकते हैं। कुछ लोगों को दिल के दौरे के दौरान चिंता या डर का भी अनुभव होता है। अत्यधिक थकावट या अस्पष्टीकृत कमजोरी, कभी-कभी दिनों के लिए, दिल का दौरा पड़ने का लक्षण हो सकता है।
7. पसीना आना:
स्पष्ट कारण के बिना पसीना भी दिल का दौरा पड़ना का संकेत हो सकता है।
8. अनियमित दिल की धड़कन:
यदि आप कुछ सेकंड से अधिक के लिए अनियमित धड़कन महसूस करते हैं, या ऐसा अक्सर होता है, तो अपने डॉक्टर से बात करें। हालांकि, अनियमित दिल की धड़कन के लिए अन्य कारण भी हैं। लेकिन कभी - कभी, यह अलिंद विकम्पन नामक एक स्थिति का संकेत हो सकता है।
In the ultrasound reports, if the person is pregnant, will it always be mentioned in the written report also?
Shop for Nutrient –rich foods that provide high amounts of beneficial nutrients compared to the calories they provide such as brightly colored fruits , vibrant –colored vegetables, whole cereals, skimmed milk, cheese and curd, lean meats, skinless poultry, fish, eggs, beans and nut.
Read food labels to find foods that provide beneficial vitamins and minerals, but are moderate in calories. Make sure those ingredients you want more of , such as whole grains are listed first and those you want less of like added sugars are not one of the first few ingredients
Three months back I had miscarriage. At the time of my pregnancy I was 65 kgs. But now my weight has increased to 70 kgs. I am trying to lose my weight but unable to lose it. Is it normal to gain weight after miscarriage? And kindly suggest ways to reduce the excess weight.
I am 34 weeks pregnant and consulting gynecologist Dr. . On routine checkup found that the pulse rate is around 120 (identified from past 3 weeks) There ia no heart problem in past or in family.
I m 26 years female and want to know as whenever I conceive after 2 months I had miscarriage doctors r saying that my uterus is weak. Will I be able to become a mother throughout my life?
Does Masturbation contribute to Hairloss?
Yes, during sex or masturbation testosterone levels increase and at the point of ejaculation, some testosterone is converted into DHT. If the DHT makes it to the scalp and the scalp is sensitive to DHT, the result could be increased hair loss.
Solution: You can stop masturbating or having sex (at least to the point of ejaculation.